New cheapo Nikkon

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Love it.

My exilm (? sp?) finally gave up the ghost. It was a good little camera, I had it and abused it for 4 years. But it got sand in the lens and that was all she wrote.

054.jpg

065.jpg

Yes, that's bear poop.

060.jpg

Not super sharp, but I don't have a telephoto and he was a ways away.

061.jpg

033.jpg

The white spot on that rock in the foreground is kingfisher poop. There have been kingfishers on this stretch of creek forever. They were there when my mom was a girl, when I was a girl, when I camped here with my grown boys, and still...

090.jpg

That's the Japanese dock washed up on Agate Beach at Newport. Tsunami rubble.

Hey Kgirl, Nice first shots and good choice. Having used Nikons since 1978, when I bought my first new camera, an FE, I can definitely vouch for the brand. I've had 4 Nikons, 2 film... 2 digital. The old film cameras had thousands of shots taken with each and still feel great. My first digital is being used by a niece and I use a D300 now. I'm a member of a sight that you may want to check out, it's called Nikonia and it has over 140,000 members world wide that all use Nikons. Here is the link....

Discussion Forums @ Nikonians - User menu

They have a lot of great discussion forums and depending on your model, have forums for each of their DSLRs.....lots of great information. It's free to join and they have different paid memberships if you want to post your photos in a gallery.

Let me know if I can help.

We've gone to the beach in the late afternoon/evening for the past few days.

599278_464420000237726_900554361_n.jpg

I know, but I had that old camera for 4 years, and it got sand in the lens because I let it bounce around in my purse and car without the case....it didn't happen at the beach, lol.

This one has a two year warranty...as long as I have the camera, I can get it replaced.

Part of the reason they're fuzzy is I used the zoom...but I was sitting at the top of a very tall dune that day...I didn't feel like climbing back up it to come back, so my pics were from a distance.

I will check next time I'm there, now I'm stressing!

New Topics

Forum List

Back