New Cell Phone

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
Just got my new cell phone, the LG VX9800. I'm currently writing this message on it. That is simultaneously lame and cool.

Seriously, though, thephone is top notch! :thup:

The ClayTaurus said:
Just got my new cell phone, the LG VX9800. I'm currently writing this message on it. That is simultaneously lame and cool.

Seriously, though, thephone is top notch! :thup:

Excellent and dorky! Isn't it ironic in that silly Alanis Morrisette kind of way, not the Zarqawi being the only one surviving that blast kind of way...

:cof:

The ClayTaurus said:

what's so lame about that? that is cool!

remember back in the old days when the most that phones could do was know when to ring when you either in the shower or on the toilet?

What is a "cell phone"? Sounds like something one finds in prison (you are not in prison are you?)

KarlMarx said:
what's so lame about that? that is cool!

remember back in the old days when the most that phones could do was know when to ring when you either in the shower or on the toilet?

Now they can annoyingly interrupt you in meetings, while driving, in the middle of very important moments such as the birth of a child, at funerals and at restaurants! What an improvement!

Phones, not just for when you are bathing anymore!

CSM said:
What is a "cell phone"? Sounds like something one finds in prison (you are not in prison are you?)
Sounds like the Jack Bauer model. ;) Hey Clay, does it hold the charge for 24 hours?

Kathianne said:
Sounds like the Jack Bauer model. ;) Hey Clay, does it hold the charge for 24 hours?
You'd be surprised how close to the Jack Bauer model you can actually get these days :)

The ClayTaurus said:
Especially for business ventures :)
I did have one of those you use a pre-paid card with, for awhile. I just don't know what kind to get, who to get it from, what plan to buy. Mine before was just for safety's sake. But you are correct, I DO need one for business.
But I don't need one that takes pictures and stuff like that. I just want to be able to talk; without alot of expense.

Care to help a gal out?

Joz said:
I did have one of those you use a pre-paid card with, for awhile. I just don't know what kind to get, who to get it from, what plan to buy. Mine before was just for safety's sake. But you are correct, I DO need one for business.
But I don't need one that takes pictures and stuff like that. I just want to be able to talk; without alot of expense.

Care to help a gal out?
I'm not sure who has the best service in your area, but I'm on verizon. They seem to have the best plans that I've seen, and they have a new-every-2 deal where you get 100 bucks off a phone every 22 months.

But verizon might not have the best coverage in your area. I would ask around with people you know and see which provider has the best service first. :)

Most companies have deals where, with a 2-year contract, you can basically get your phone for free.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I just bought my wife a Sony Ericsson W600i....
VERY nice.
But I just want one that I can hear the person on the other end without it fading in & out. :happy2:
I know 2 people that uses the phone company (ma bell) and conversations with them are rather choppy. I've been told that Verizon is pretty good, here. But it's been awhile since I talked to anyone about it. Think I'll make it a point to do so, soon.

Joz said:
VERY nice.
But I just want one that I can hear the person on the other end without it fading in & out. :happy2:
I know 2 people that uses the phone company (ma bell) and conversations with them are rather choppy. I've been told that Verizon is pretty good, here. But it's been awhile since I talked to anyone about it. Think I'll make it a point to do so, soon.
I was with T-mobile for awhile but I switched to Cingular for the roll over min.

Joz said:
VERY nice.
If you go Verizon, get an LG phone. I've had 2 now and they're all around solid. I dropped my (old one) in a lake and, after replacing the battery, it still worked. :thup: My brother has LG. So does my mom, dad, girlfriend... etc. etc. :)

The other thing to consider is if you have anyone else who has a cell that you would talk to on a regular basis. Most providers give you unlimited minutes with other customers of theirs. So if most of the people you call have Verizon, getting Verizon will allow you to maximize your minutes.

You know what I would like? I would like a phone that I can complete a call on without it ending prematurely. I'm not intersted in a camera attached, I have real cameras, don't need it to take the place of my portable computer, don't need it to store or play songs.....just want it to ring when I have a call, take a message when I can't get to it, vibrate instead of a ring when I am in public but most of all let me use it as a phone! How much is that gonna cost me?

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz

Forum List

Back