New CDC info: CDC for male circumcision

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Circumcision Benefits Outweigh Risks CDC Report

"U.S. health officials on Tuesday released a draft of long-awaited federal guidelines on circumcision, saying medical evidence supports having the procedure done and health insurers should pay for it.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines stop short of telling parent to get their newborn sons circumcised. That is a personal decision that may involve religious or cultural preferences, said the CDC's Dr. Jonathan Mermin.

But "the scientific evidence is clear that the benefits outweigh the risks," added Mermin, who oversees the agency's programs on HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.

These are the first federal guidelines on circumcision, a brief medical procedure that involves cutting away the foreskin around the tip of the penis.

Germs can grow underneath the foreskin, and CDC officials say the procedure can lower a male's risk of sexually-transmitted diseases, penile cancer and even urinary tract infections.

The CDC started working on the guidelines about seven years ago, when a cluster of influential studies in Africa indicated circumcision might help stop spread of the AIDS virus."

rest at link

Once ya do it, you can't undo it so having every scrap of info is advisable. I have no position either way. Though circumcized myself, I have no memory of the procedure, and have never known my penis to be any other way so it's a non-issue to me, just as it'd be to an uncircumcized guy.

Watch this and you may reconsider circumcision. I don't believe in inflicting unnecessary pain to an infant, whose pain tolerance is much, much lower than that of an adult.

Proper hygiene is how you prevent the majority of infections. If you're negligent about teaching your boys about how to clean themselves, then the4 risk of any infection increases. Plus, the foreskin is literally attached to the glans until around 5-7, when it separates naturally.

Your baby son s foreskin - managing the foreskin - Family and Child Health - Body Health
Is circumcision painful?
Circumcision can be extremely painful and traumatic for a baby. Anesthetics injected into the penis don't always work. Having a needle inserted into the penis is itself painful for a baby, just as it would be for an adult.
Does circumcision have risks?
Risks can include infection, complications from anesthetics, and surgical mistakes. Bleeding can also occur, so circumcision should be delayed or reconsidered if the mother has been taking acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) or anticoagulants, or if a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia runs in the family.
Another risk is that of regret. Some men these days regret the loss of their foreskin at birth without their consent. Some go to great lengths to try and recover a foreskin through stretching and surgery. Therefore, medical ethicists question the practice of performing cosmetic surgery on a newborn, before they can decide for themselves.
Are there any health advantages associated with circumcision?
Some sexually transmitted infections are easier to contract in uncircumcised men with poor hygiene, but most professionals feel that it seems illogical to advocate circumcision to prevent these afflictions. Penile hygiene and safe sex education are likely to have far more effective outcomes.

Last edited:
Just another government official trying to foist his superstitions on the rest of us

Forum List

Back