New CBO Report Finds Up to 2.9 Million People Owe Their Jobs to the Recovery Act

Every president takes office in January. But the previous president's budget lasts until September. When Obama took office, the US was losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 a month. It why Bush threw money at the banks during his last days as president. On the last day of Bush budget, unemployment was at 10.1%. On the last day of Clinton's last budget, unemployment was at 5.3%.

Try to get past your hatred of the black man and figure out what that means.

Well then, how convenient is it that this administration has not passed a fucking budget??

Intentional so they can continue to blame the previous admin??

But never mind all that.
Tell me how our government's budget effects unemployment, especially to the degree you claim.

How will throwing another half-trillion at it help?

I have more rope if you need it.
:eusa_shhh:

New CBO Report Finds Up to 2.9 Million People Owe Their Jobs to the Recovery Act

A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report estimates that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) increased the number of people employed by between 1.0 million and 2.9 million jobs as of June. [1]

In other words, between 1.0 million and 2.9 million people employed in June owed their jobs to the Recovery Act. This estimate, by Congress' non-partisan economic and budget analysts, is more comprehensive than the 550,000 jobs that ARRA recipients reported in July, CBO explains.

While the report focuses primarily on the second quarter of 2011, CBO also includes new projections of the Recovery Act's jobs impact through 2012. It finds that in the current quarter (the third quarter of 2011), there are 0.8 million to 2.5 million more people employed because of ARRA.
The CBO report indicates that ARRA succeeded in its primary goal of protecting the economy during the worst of the recession. As the economy recovers, ARRA's effects will continue to decrease. CBO estimates that ARRA's impact on employment peaked in the third quarter of 2010, when between 1.4 million and 3.6 million people owed their jobs to the Recovery Act.
ARRA Also Boosted Worker Hours, CBO Finds

In addition to saving and creating jobs, ARRA has increased the number of hours worked, CBO has concluded. That is, without ARRA, many full-time workers would have been reduced to part-time status and fewer would have worked overtime. The combination of the increase in jobs and the increase in hours means that ARRA boosted the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by between 1.4 million and 4.0 million as of June, the report estimates. CBO finds that this figure peaked in the third quarter of 2010, and stands at up to 3.4 million full-time equivalent jobs in the current quarter. [2]

Among ARRA's most effective provisions for saving and creating jobs, according to CBO's estimates, are direct purchases of goods and services by the federal government, transfer payments to states (such as extra Medicaid funding), and transfer payments to individuals (such as increased food stamp benefits and additional weeks of unemployment benefits). CBO's estimates indicate that tax cuts are less effective job producers, and tax cuts for higher-income people have very low bang for the buck.

Call me when the unemployment rate is actually lower than when Barry took office.

Every president takes office in January. But the previous president's budget lasts until September. When Obama took office, the US was losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 a month. It why Bush threw money at the banks during his last days as president. On the last day of Bush budget, unemployment was at 10.1%. On the last day of Clinton's last budget, unemployment was at 5.3%.

Under Bush:

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008 | The Economic Populist

So Obama doubles down on it and then some. Sorry. You're making excuses for failure in which Bush was guilty of as well.

Well then, how convenient is it that this administration has not passed a fucking budget??

But never mind all that.
Tell me how our government's budget effects unemployment, especially to the degree you claim.

Because we're white?

But never mind all that.

Because we're white?

I'm only 6% white

But never mind all that.

Because we're white?

I'm only 6% white

They dont actually care if were white. Just the possibility that we are makes us guilty.

I SEE desperation these days...and it AIN'T PRETTY..

Vote Obama out folks. then we will get things really STARTED AGAIN.

A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report estimates that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) increased the number of people employed by between 1.0 million and 2.9 million jobs as of June. [1]

In other words, between 1.0 million and 2.9 million people employed in June owed their jobs to the Recovery Act. This estimate, by Congress' non-partisan economic and budget analysts, is more comprehensive than the 550,000 jobs that ARRA recipients reported in July, CBO explains.

While the report focuses primarily on the second quarter of 2011, CBO also includes new projections of the Recovery Act's jobs impact through 2012. It finds that in the current quarter (the third quarter of 2011), there are 0.8 million to 2.5 million more people employed because of ARRA.
The CBO report indicates that ARRA succeeded in its primary goal of protecting the economy during the worst of the recession. As the economy recovers, ARRA's effects will continue to decrease. CBO estimates that ARRA's impact on employment peaked in the third quarter of 2010, when between 1.4 million and 3.6 million people owed their jobs to the Recovery Act.

In addition to saving and creating jobs, ARRA has increased the number of hours worked, CBO has concluded. That is, without ARRA, many full-time workers would have been reduced to part-time status and fewer would have worked overtime. The combination of the increase in jobs and the increase in hours means that ARRA boosted the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by between 1.4 million and 4.0 million as of June, the report estimates. CBO finds that this figure peaked in the third quarter of 2010, and stands at up to 3.4 million full-time equivalent jobs in the current quarter. [2]

Among ARRA's most effective provisions for saving and creating jobs, according to CBO's estimates, are direct purchases of goods and services by the federal government, transfer payments to states (such as extra Medicaid funding), and transfer payments to individuals (such as increased food stamp benefits and additional weeks of unemployment benefits). CBO's estimates indicate that tax cuts are less effective job producers, and tax cuts for higher-income people have very low bang for the buck.

Call me when the unemployment rate is actually lower than when Barry took office.

Under Bush:

Bush's budget was only funded through March 6, 2009.

Read The Bill: H.R. 2638 [110th] - GovTrack.us

I SEE desperation these days...and it AIN'T PRETTY..

Vote Obama out folks. then we will get things really STARTED AGAIN.

Did you think Obama was going to run on his record of disaster and downgrade?

He will run the nastiest, most negative campaign ever

look its simple, even Ronald Reagan showed up at my door and told me he would put windows in my house but it would cost between 1400 and 3400 dollars and he could not narrow it down any further, I would tell him to pound sand.

now this is more complex of course, but the bls and cbo are not short guys wearing green eye shades who do this for a living, if they cannot narrow this down , 1.4 million to 3.4 million , a fudge factor of 200%, sorry thats BS, the numbers are vapor and pretty much useless.

that being said, a trillion $$$ is still a lot of green and I am sure they created some jobs and they saved a bunch more, but; a) the saved jobs are now being vaporized,( see state and fed gov. layoffs) b) workforce participation is down not up, c) the cost per job either saved or created was, well tremendous and frankly a net waste. We are back to square 1.
another 450 billion won't do squat.

Under Bush:

Bush's budget was only funded through March 6, 2009.

Read The Bill: H.R. 2638 [110th] - GovTrack.us

:lol:

Facts will run that stupid fucker off every single time!!

Even the OP'er hasn't been back!!

:lol:

Look at the Margin of Error! IT's unfuckingreal!

It's like me saying "tomorrows temperate in New York City will be between -100 and 200 degrees"

The MOE is so fucking huge it makes the study WORTHLESS!

Where are you finding the MoE in that report?

Yeah sorry. You had to drill down to the first sentence to find it.

"A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report estimates that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) increased the number of people employed by between 1.0 million and 2.9 million jobs as of June"
well, I give you credit - you're proud of the fact that you don't know what you're talking about! AND you admit that the act created a minimum of 1 million jobs.

Thanks, Frank.

"A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report estimates that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) increased the number of people employed by between 1.0 million and 2.9 million jobs as of June"
well, I give you credit - you're proud of the fact that you don't know what you're talking about! AND you admit that the act created a minimum of 1 million jobs.

Thanks, Frank.

It
was
a
guess.

Thanks, Frank.

It
was
a
guess.

No, it was not a guess. It was the results of statistical modelling. The 1 and 2.9M figures are the extremes of either two or three standard deviations from the mean.

Last edited:

Thanks, Frank.

It
was
a
guess.

No, it was not a guess. It was the results of statistical modelling. The 1 and 2.9M figures are the extremes of either two or three standard deviations from the mean.

estimate.. guess... statistical modeling.... all pretty much the same thing.

Now, if they based this completely on actual reported jobs, that would be something.

It
was
a
guess.

estimate.. guess... statistical modeling.... all pretty much the same thing.

An estimate from a model and a guess are not "pretty much the same thing". In fact, they are completely different.

Now, if they based this completely on actual reported jobs, that would be something.

well, actual reported jobs DO serve as the framework for the report.

Thanks, Frank.

By these figureS the margin or error is 1.9 million.

Is that the best you have? This person got to keep his local government job for two more weeks.

A JOB SAVED CALL THE WHITE HOUSE.

How I wish we could do what works instead of just what the republican party thinks will help their party.

This country is seriously broken

How I wish we could do what works instead of just what the republican party thinks will help their party.

This country is seriously broken

Nobama has been doing that since dick-stains like you elected him.

We're deeper in debt, got our credit downgraded for the 1st time EVER, and unemployment is higher than when he got the job.

He fucked up, and YOU fucked up by voting for him.

Live with your failure.

Forum List

Back