New car suggestions?

I never thought I'd say this, but when I'm looking at cars in a year or so, going to check out Kia Forte.

My suggestion? DON'T BUY A NEW CAR. worst investment you could possibly make.

I disagree. Although you do save some money by purchasing a used car, there is a reason it's on that used car lot. I've never, ever had any good luck buying a used car. Maybe you'll get lucky and buy the low-milage one that was only used by a little old lady to go to church on Sundays but I doubt it. If you absolutely must buy a used car make sure you investigate the car completely and have your own personal car mechanic check it over.

Is the 25-35 range mileage or cost?
I don't think they make 4WD vehicles with that kind of mileage that are actually worth having, but you might find a 4WD at 35K that is worth a damn.

Now, think about the mini-van thing for a moment. Yer BF wants you to have kids, lots of them, that's why he suggested the mini-van.

The range was price, sorry for the confusion. I really don't want anything big, I think something smallish and sporty fits me better.

I think the mini van thing may have been a joke, sometimes it's hard to tell with him.

Don't trust him, he want's you pregnant, I can tell.

It could be, but I'm not going to go into it here. It freaks out the old ladies.

The range was price, sorry for the confusion. I really don't want anything big, I think something smallish and sporty fits me better.

I think the mini van thing may have been a joke, sometimes it's hard to tell with him.

It could be, but I'm not going to go into it here. It freaks out the old ladies.

And makes the young men jealous.

Hmmm, I'm old and you've never freaked me out.

Last edited:
I've had very good luck with used cars. If you like the Kia Forte, you might want to look into the Honda Civic as another poster suggested. Best car I've ever owned, hands down. I think the EX version is the one with all the fun stuff, if I'm remembering correctly.

Yes, EX is the "fully loaded" Civic. But I still think you should check out the Nissan Altima coupe. I love my new sedan, but a girl in my complex has a coupe, and it's pretty sharp looking.

The Honda Accord coupe is also pretty nice.

Civics are fun, but I don't consider a Civic "sporty" unless you get an Si or you put money into it. Straight from the factory, it's a basic coupe, not a sporty coupe.

With the Altima, you can get IntelliKey and push button start, making your car key obsolete unless the battery in your remote device dies. That's my favorite feature about my car.

Last edited:
MY life isn't ruined either way.. If a 55 (I thought "he" was 40?") year old needs car buying advice from an 18 or 19 year old who drives a self-titled "old Honda", what's that say about the 55 year old?

Oh, I thought this was another reference to the false identity of the OP here. Not far different, though.

Liar:lol::lol::lol:

Nonce:lol::lol::lol:

Pendejo:lol::lol::lol:

Mini-vans are gay. Yeah, I said it.

We are big fans of Toyota Corollas. Dependable, comfortable, affordable, great on gas, not gay-looking ;) All pluses in my book. My daughter (who's just about your age) just bought her first car. Had to be used and while we were really thinking maybe a Honda Civic (which are also suppose to be good), the ones she tried (about 5 or 6) all drove rougher and weren't as comfortable as the Corolla. She ended up with a '99 Corolla w/90K on it.

If we were looking to buy a new car now, I'd definitely give the Ford Focus a thorough look-see. There's no way I'd buy a car from Gm or Chrysler due to the bailouts they took.

Civics are fun, but I don't consider a Civic "sporty" unless you get an Si or you put money into it. Straight from the factory, it's a basic coupe, not a sporty

Lol. Well, considering my next cars after that one were a minivan and a Vibe (glorified stationwagon), perhaps my perspective of "sporty" is a bit off. :razz:

My bf has been busting on me about how my car is bringing down property values in the neighborhood so I (jokingly) told him if he didn't like it to buy me a new 1. Well, he said ok. He said we should look at mini vans because I was going to need 1. I'd rather get something sportier. So what would you get in the 25-35 range?

Either the Subaru Outback or the Forester. You'll discover that you have a bunch of new women friends.

My bf has been busting on me about how my car is bringing down property values in the neighborhood so I (jokingly) told him if he didn't like it to buy me a new 1. Well, he said ok. He said we should look at mini vans because I was going to need 1. I'd rather get something sportier. So what would you get in the 25-35 range?

This one is a little pricier than you want, but hey, it flies to.

Terrafugia - Transition®, the Roadable Light Sport Aircraft : Home

I never thought I'd say this, but when I'm looking at cars in a year or so, going to check out Kia Forte.

If you're going to get a Kia, you might as well get this as well:

chia-obama-87.jpg

Forum List

Back