New Car Options.

I would recommend the Subaru WRX (with the turbo) AWD...and better power to weight ratio than a 'vette.....plus it gets good mileage.

Take a peak.....nice small car (if that is something that appeals to you)

Otherwise:
CXT-3-full.gif

Fmr jarhead said:
I would recommend the Subaru WRX (with the turbo) AWD...and better power to weight ratio than a 'vette.....plus it gets good mileage.

Take a peak.....nice small car (if that is something that appeals to you)
[/IMG]

WRX 227hp - 3085lbs = 13.6lbs per HP
Corvette 400hp - 3250lbs = 8.1lbs per HP

;)

Unless you meant the WRX Sti - 300hp = 10lbs per HP... ;)

Maybe you mean C5 Corvette, non Z06?

350hp - 3,246lbs = 9.27lbs per HP

:D
Sorry - I'm a stat nerd. :(

I 'do' like the WRX, however for the money? I think the S4 would provide a nicer ride, and more power options (Add a 'chip', get 70hp).

For comparison, though? My current car:

2250lbs - 130hp = whopping 17.x lbs per HP. :(

My previous car? (93 Ford Probe GT)

2885lbs - *285-290hp = 9.7-9.9lbs per HP...that car was pretty fast - in a straight line.

*Estimate crank hp compared to 245hp at the front wheels.
That truck kicks a lotta ass though! hahah :D

Yeah, the STi is what I was thinking...I would imagine you could get one that is 2-3 years old for a good price...S4's are nice, my former boss had one...had the chip, too.

Darin, get yourself (and family) down to the Seattle Car show, at Qwest Field Exhibition Hall. All day Saturday and Sunday. Adults are $10 each, kids are free. Every car from every dealer in the US is there. Not only can you shop for a "family car," you can blow your load (figuratively) over the Miata, Dodge Magnum, Chevy SSR Roadster, etc.

[Ben Stiller as Detective Starsky voice]

DO IT. DO IT.

[/Ben Stiller]

-=d=- said:
WRX 227hp - 3085lbs = 13.6lbs per HP
Corvette 400hp - 3250lbs = 8.1lbs per HP

;)

Unless you meant the WRX Sti - 300hp = 10lbs per HP... ;)

Maybe you mean C5 Corvette, non Z06?

350hp - 3,246lbs = 9.27lbs per HP

Sorry - I'm a stat nerd. :(

I 'do' like the WRX, however for the money? I think the S4 would provide a nicer ride, and more power options (Add a 'chip', get 70hp).

For comparison, though? My current car:

2250lbs - 130hp = whopping 17.x lbs per HP. :(

My previous car? (93 Ford Probe GT)

2885lbs - *285-290hp = 9.7-9.9lbs per HP...that car was pretty fast - in a straight line.

*Estimate crank hp compared to 245hp at the front wheels.
That truck kicks a lotta ass though! hahah :D

:eek2:

NOW I'm confused, so it's time for me to go. :) LBS? HP? MATH?!

Bah. Does it go really fast when I push the pedal? Good. :)

Shattered said:
:eek2:

NOW I'm confused, so it's time for me to go. :) LBS? HP? MATH?!

Bah. Does it go really fast when I push the pedal? Good. :)

Only if the NOS is hooked up, and you MOMA footpedals.

First off - the only two mustangs at the store were both 6cyl and AT; neither motivated me enough to ask to drive them.

Here's the car I looked at:

rightside.jpg

VERY nice looking, IMO; was very pleased with how those obviously aftermarket rims looked - TERRIFIED when I saw the mark-up on them, however...more on that later.

As I slid behind the wheel, the plastic-chrome really jumped out at me.

driverseat.jpg

The plastic trim around the vents felt VERY cheap. It seems like it's a set-up for a rattle-prone dash. The vents are straight out of the Mazda6, except felt 'cheaper' when opening/closing/turning them. The steering wheel felt pretty nice. Everything a driver needed was within reach.

A closer look at the speedo

guages.jpg

I had been worried the numbers on the speedo were too close together, and too small to read easily. However, I feel after seeing them in person, I'd have little trouble knowing instantly if I were going 55...43...or 130. :)

As my next car will have to fill-in should our regular family car die (95 Nissan, 175K miles), I was concerned about rear seat room for Child seats. I meausred about 18" from the seatback to the front of the lower seat - about the same as in our Nissan. However, the mustang seat is 'dug out' sorta...where the nissan has a flat cushion. I measured 31" from the seat cushion to the roof. Our kids are 5 and 3 years old, so that'd be no problem. I measured almost exactly 4' across the rear seat, side to side.

rearlegroom.jpg

I noticed very little room (as expected) between the front seat back, and the rear seat cushion.

The Truck has a pretty high, narrow opening at it's lowest point, and the highlighted area sort of raises up. I found that odd. I didn't notice, but it apprears to have fold-down rear seat backs.

trunk.jpg

Here's the biggest issue with the car. The sticker price. I nearly shat myself upon seeing the 'final price'. I remember walking away thinking "I bet somebody is going to get VERY ripped off."

stickershock.jpg

For that price, one could get a nice 5sp GT. MUCH better.

All-in-all, I'm not turned off by what I didn't like; I hope to go down and crawl thru a GT to compare the interior quality changes, if any...and maybe get a test drive. :)

Thanks for reading.

- Darin

New Topics

Forum List

Back