New Car Options.

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Best car you can think of, new, or slightly used (newer than, say, 2001) for about $25,000.

ready??

GO!

:D

I'm thinking (sans the special body stuff)

front-view.jpg

Bonnie said:
Is this on your to buy list????

yeah - pending sale of my current vehicle, my top two cars are:

2001.5 Audi S4
2005 Mustang GT

- both are about the same $$; both seat four people (requirement, as our current family-car is on it's last legs), the Mustang is less expensive to maintain; both cars are very easy to get more power from; both cars would be 'fun' (a requirement). :)

-=d=- said:

2001.5 Audi S4
2005 Mustang GT

- both are about the same $$; both seat four people (requirement, as our current family-car is on it's last legs), the Mustang is less expensive to maintain; both cars are very easy to get more power from; both cars would be 'fun' (a requirement). :)

Well I am partial to Mustangs, I used to have a convertable, but Audi's are great handling cars as well. Tough choice!

-=d=- said:

2001.5 Audi S4
2005 Mustang GT

And at least one would be guaranteed to shoot your insurance through the roof, I'd think. :D

Handling: ANY new car I get will handle like crap compared to my current car :(

Insurance: Either would only increase by about $20/month.

:)

What's your current car?

I just bought a 2003 Alero GL Coupe (with mixed emotions).. Now I wouldn't trade that thing for the world...

alero.jpg

(I take baaad pics sometimes)

Maneuverability, handling, reliability, cost, and sheer "go" power (oh, and that neat little noise it makes when you accelerate isn't so bad either). :D

Oh, and the tires actually stay on the road in rain. :)

Shattered said:
alero.jpg

(I take baaad pics sometimes)

Maneuverability, handling, reliability, cost, and sheer "go" power (oh, and that neat little noise it makes when you accelerate isn't so bad either). :D

Oh, and the tires actually stay on the road in rain. :)

heh :) :thup:

:)

I'm a girl - I have totally different priorities than you guys do. :)

But at least I didn't mention vanity mirrors...

I just bought one of these myself. Took advantage of the tax deduction before it goes away!

04-gx470-hero.jpg

freeandfun1 said:
I just bought one of these myself. Took advantage of the tax deduction before it goes away!

04-gx470-hero.jpg

Tell me you're not a soccer mom with a cell phone.. :)

Shattered said:
Tell me you're not a soccer mom with a cell phone.. :)

LOL! Nope. I do have a cell phone, but my wife drives it (she has a cell phone too, but not a soccer mom, she just says she feels safe in it and like being high up in the air where she can see). I now drive her old car. I still haven't decided what I want to buy for myself as I just turned my leased auto back in. This is like her old car, that I am driving for now...

2000mb1.jpg

Women + Cell Phones + SUV's + Freeways = BAAAAAAD combination - one generally guaranteed to invoke road rage from me. They don't seem to know where the gas pedal is, but they sure as hell know where the brake pedal is...at the wrong time...in the wrong (fast) lane... :)

Shattered said:
Women + Cell Phones + SUV's + Freeways = BAAAAAAD combination - one generally guaranteed to invoke road rage from me. They don't seem to know where the gas pedal is, but they sure as hell know where the brake pedal is...at the wrong time...in the wrong (fast) lane... :)

poor driving skills....that's the problem.

Shattered said:

I have to give my wife credit. She WILL NOT answer her phone when driving. In her old car, it has a hands-free built into it. We decided not to get it with the Lexus but that is okay, as I said, she won't answer it anyway.

I am going to be mean though and mention that my wife is one of those "Asian women" drivers, so I am damn glad she won't answer the phone when driving. She is a bad enough driver as it is!!!! :cof:

Forum List

Back