New Calls on GOP Side Not to Lift Debt Limit .

Your position indeed hasn't changed...It's exactly the attitude of the spoiled rotten trust funder punk little child I just described.

That the republicans are throwing in with this massive steamer load of turd polish is exactly why I haven't voted for a singe one, since '94.

Thank you for pointing out that Avy's a liar, and I assure you I'm none of those things.

I'm looking at our current situation realistically. I wish you would do the same. One or more of three things is going to happen in the next few months, FOR SURE. 1. Ceiling will be raised, or 2. Taxes will be significantly increased, or 3. Government will shut down. It's not possible for none of those three things to happen. Screaming "JUST CUT SPENDING!" is an exercise in futility.

Not my fault that you cant make up your mind about whether SS has a surplus or has already been spent. You being inconsistant hardly makes me a liar.

Wrong again. Never once changed my position. You have a comprehension problem.

Hey remember when this current President vehemently opposed raising the Debt Limit? Remember all those pious speeches he gave on how evil & wrong it was to put such an awful burden on our children? Now he's suddenly very much in favor of raising the Debt Limit. Gee i wonder why? Just more hypocrisy & dishonesty. But that's just the way politics is. The Debt Limit will be raised. Lets get some real spending cuts to go along with it though. That's as good as it's gonna get folks.

Because he was grandstanding then, and the Republicans are grandstanding now.

If you're expecting me to be an Obama cheerleader... Not gonna happen. I think he's been behaving very irresponsibly. President Obama sure is different from Candidate Obama.

Hey remember when this current President vehemently opposed raising the Debt Limit? Remember all those pious speeches he gave on how evil & wrong it was to put such an awful burden on our children? Now he's suddenly very much in favor of raising the Debt Limit. Gee i wonder why? Just more hypocrisy & dishonesty. But that's just the way politics is. The Debt Limit will be raised. Lets get some real spending cuts to go along with it though. That's as good as it's gonna get folks.

If you're expecting me to be an Obama cheerleader... Not gonna happen. I think he's been behaving very irresponsibly. President Obama sure is different from Candidate Obama.

You and I do not agree on very much -- and certainly not very often -- but that post of yours {highlighted portion} qualifies as "objective."

Good for you.

Last edited:

You and I do not agree on very much -- and certainly not very often -- but that post of yours {highlighted portion} qualifies as "objective."

Good for you.

Now that I have your approval, I can, at long last, move on with my life... :lol:

Now before we start the campfire session, I'm pissed that he's acting so much like a damn Republican. Our distaste for the man is probably not going to be a common ground after all. :eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back