New Button!!

'Funny' button's superflouous. If you thought a thread was funny, say 'thanks' and something about it being funny. Creating a button seems like it'll reduce interactions by giving lazy people a button to hit instead of having to write it out.

Yeah, I don't see why we need so many buttons. To me, that takes away from the interaction that is supposed to be occurring on these boards. I just recently joined another board. IIRC, they have reps but no neg rep. I really don't see the point or the big deal about this "reputation" bullshit either. It really means nothing. There are always going to be people who are going to disagree with you. You can't please all the people all the time. :D Lol.
Too bad I can't push the bummer button for you..

H
I don't see what that has to do with explaining your disagreement with a post instead of just clicking a button. Those types of things do not encourage debate or discussion. You simply click a button and be on your way,and sometimes people are petty and immature and would just click a button because they don't like you or because of a prior argument or whatever. That kind of defeats the purpose of a discussion board such as this, IMO.
Yes. And it was abused ( big shock). Same group of posters neg repping one person repeatedly until rules regarding neg repping were changed. Abuse of the system still continued. Like most things... It's the abuse of a few that ruin it for everyone. Yet the abusers will still whine about it... Even though they are to blame for it being taken away.

Good Lord, I know. Some people whine about changes to the forum incessantly, as if their lives depended upon this board being exactly what they want. It's hard to believe they are adults. :rolleyes-41:
they whine because the changes made it harder to abuse other posters anonymously. For the most part it has to be done in the open now. They can't hide behind the rep system anymore.

Some of them whine about EVERYTHING, their avatars aren't animated anymore, they don't like the new setup, they are mad because there are no more "reps", blah, blah, blah. :D And then you get the ones who think they deserve some special treatment because they made a voluntary donation to the board or because they've been posters here for a long time. It's really ridiculousness at it's finest. This is only an internet forum.

Key word of course being "special treatment". It's what they are used to... So everytime they lose an inch... They cry about it. Should be expected.
Some can adjust,,,others sublimate....

'Funny' button's superflouous. If you thought a thread was funny, say 'thanks' and something about it being funny. Creating a button seems like it'll reduce interactions by giving lazy people a button to hit instead of having to write it out.

Yeah, I don't see why we need so many buttons. To me, that takes away from the interaction that is supposed to be occurring on these boards. I just recently joined another board. IIRC, they have reps but no neg rep. I really don't see the point or the big deal about this "reputation" bullshit either. It really means nothing. There are always going to be people who are going to disagree with you. You can't please all the people all the time. :D Lol.

Most of the interaction on this board takes place in PM. :)

H
Yes. And it was abused ( big shock). Same group of posters neg repping one person repeatedly until rules regarding neg repping were changed. Abuse of the system still continued. Like most things... It's the abuse of a few that ruin it for everyone. Yet the abusers will still whine about it... Even though they are to blame for it being taken away.

Good Lord, I know. Some people whine about changes to the forum incessantly, as if their lives depended upon this board being exactly what they want. It's hard to believe they are adults. :rolleyes-41:
they whine because the changes made it harder to abuse other posters anonymously. For the most part it has to be done in the open now. They can't hide behind the rep system anymore.

Some of them whine about EVERYTHING, their avatars aren't animated anymore, they don't like the new setup, they are mad because there are no more "reps", blah, blah, blah. :D And then you get the ones who think they deserve some special treatment because they made a voluntary donation to the board or because they've been posters here for a long time. It's really ridiculousness at it's finest. This is only an internet forum.

Key word of course being "special treatment". It's what they are used to... So everytime they lose an inch... They cry about it. Should be expected.
Some can adjust,,,others sublimate....
I'm sure adjusting is easier for those who are used to it.

Most of the interaction on this board takes place in PM. :)

What's the point of that?

Forum List

Back