New bridge's In New York and San Francisco built in China to be shipped to US

They will be building all of our navys ships soon too.

IMHO any tax funded job must use US labor and materials.

New bridge's In New York and San Francisco built in China to be shipped to US

Cool! Y'all can drive over that bridge. I think I'll remain a couch potatoe.

I have a few things with the Made in China label. They all have some design flaw. I could go into detail, but this thread is about bridges. I just hope we have some American engineers checking things out.

Of course, you know that the beautiful (yes, I've been there) Hong Kong Airport is such an engineering disaster that the foundation is eroding and it will, one day, roll off into the South China Sea...not one thing can be done about it.

Pretty much everything we get from China makes me think of the kids' refrain: "Me Chinese. Me play joke. Me put pee pee in your Coke."

CaféAuLait;4182266 said:
One must wonder when the US can build 'the Intercontinental Railroad' ( as Obama claimed) we would be the leader in building bridges too.

"We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad," Barack Obama.

New gaffe: Obama hails America's historic building of 'the Intercontinental Railroad' - latimes.com

:eusa_eh:

Ahh such satire/irony since the western half of the transcontinental railroad was built largely with Chinese labor.
:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKmU_HpTwCs]Blazing Saddles- Dock that Chink A Day's Pay for Nappin on the Job! - YouTube[/ame]

You have, no doubt, been following the discussion on China's currency manipulation?
New bill targeting Chinese currency manipulation introduced in Senate | JournalNow.com

It's a bipartisan bill so I doubt CaféAuLait's following it or has much interest in it.

Because I had the gall to comment on the fact that we are using taxpayer dollars to build infrastructure built by China?

That is a lot of the problem in politics and or discussions about such today, ASSumptions. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.

CaféAuLait;4182266 said:
One must wonder when the US can build 'the Intercontinental Railroad' ( as Obama claimed) we would be the leader in building bridges too.

New gaffe: Obama hails America's historic building of 'the Intercontinental Railroad' - latimes.com

The sad fact is that if we tried to build the intercontinental railroad now, IT WOULD NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN.

Someone would sue due to thier land being taken for eminent domain
Someone would sue because the railroad would go through the habitat of the utah snail darter
You would need a 20 year environmental impact study performed before you could lay a single rail.
The design would be late due to 50 different agencies having a say on what got built

I could go on with this.....

CaféAuLait;4182266 said:

The sad fact is that if we tried to build the intercontinental railroad now, IT WOULD NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN.

Someone would sue because the railroad would go through the habitat of the utah snail darter
You would need a 20 year environmental impact study performed before you could lay a single rail.
The design would be late due to 50 different agencies having a say on what got built

And a new Trans-Continental Railroad wouldn't happen for the same reasons. :eusa_whistle:

CaféAuLait;4182434 said:
You have, no doubt, been following the discussion on China's currency manipulation?
New bill targeting Chinese currency manipulation introduced in Senate | JournalNow.com

It's a bipartisan bill so I doubt CaféAuLait's following it or has much interest in it.

Because I had the gall to comment on the fact that we are using taxpayer dollars to build infrastructure built by China?

That is a lot of the problem in politics and or discussions about such today, ASSumptions. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.

They underbid American firms.

That's capitalism for you.

CaféAuLait;4182266 said:

And a new Trans-Continental Railroad wouldn't happen for the same reasons. :eusa_whistle:

Or a new Interglactic Railway. :tongue:

CaféAuLait;4182938 said:

Or a new Interglactic Railway. :tongue:

I don't think the Vogons worried about snail darters or the environment when they planned that. They were only concerned about the dolphins.

The dolphins last message to the humans was "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish". :D

New Topics

Forum List

Back