New BBQ restaurant violates civil rights

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This guy must be rdean in real life.

Del Ray Attorney Ed Ablard is challenging the restaurant as a violation of his civil rights. Because the gas-fueled smoker will release particulate matter into the air, his suit charges, his civil rights will be violated.

I don't know about most people around this forum, but where I come from smelling BBQ is a sign of summer and it would violate my civil rights not to smell it.

He charges that the restaurant will “provide a clubhouse for conservative persons to gather to drink until late hours and thereby form a barrier against the encroachment of persons of color …”

Because we all know that conservatives are 99% white, and 90% Christian. And nobody but whites like BBQ.

Ablard, a white man who is representing himself in the case, is a member of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and the Alexandria Society for the Preservation of Black History…

“Plaintiff believes … that he is representative of a class of persons who are persons with colored skin, persons whose ancestry stems from the importation of slaves and free emigration to the United States … ” the complaint explains.

A white man who thinks he represents colored people? Isn't that just like liberals today, they think they know more about being people of color that actual people of color.

Lawsuit of the Day: White Man Claims BBQ Joint Violates His Civil Rights Above the Law: A Legal Tabloid - News, Gossip, and Colorful Commentary on Law Firms and the Legal Profession

If this is not rdean it must be his soul mate.

Because we all know that conservatives are 99% white, and 90% Christian. And nobody but whites like BBQ.

I know this isn't the major thrust of your thread, but this one caught my eye. Obviously, conservatives are not 99% white. But, just out of curiosity - how many black conservatives have you met?

I don't know the answer to the question you asked him BUT I don't know any blacks that don't like BBQ - especially ribs or Carolina style pork BBQ.:lol:

I know this isn't the major thrust of your thread, but this one caught my eye. Obviously, conservatives are not 99% white. But, just out of curiosity - how many black conservatives have you met?

Personally? I don't even know any white conservatives. I never discuss politics with my friends.

I realize you did not ask this question to me, But I would like to answer it.

I haven't personal met any blacks that call themself Conservatives, but I have met many that do not like what obama and the government is doing. But that really doesn't make anyone a conservative, now does it? It just makes them an American.

I've met hundreds of black conservatives. So what's your point?

I'm related to a couple. :eek: One of them was at Glen Beck's rally. :eusa_eh: I told him he had no right to go, him being black and all. He said 'I like Beck.'. Go figure. I guess he's an Uncle Tom, right?

His lawsuit has merit. Here's the problem:
Because the gas-fueled smoker

I live on the banks of the Ohio River and not in the heart of barbecue country. But even I know that red oak or hickory are to fuel smokers. Gas may be used to start the fire, but gas imparts no flavor to smoked meats.

If someone tried to palm off barbecue as meat smoked by gas, I'd sue too.

I'm related to a couple. :eek: One of them was at Glen Beck's rally. :eusa_eh: I told him he had no right to go, him being black and all. He said 'I like Beck.'. Go figure. I guess he's an Uncle Tom, right?
No, just stupid. Why you constantly need to point out that some black people like beck is a mystery.

Maybe the mosque opponents should hire this lawyer to represent a neighbor with "hypersensitivity disorder" The smell of chlorine from the swimming pool could definitely violate his civil rights. :eusa_whistle:

There's a popular BBQ restaurant in my area that is enjoyed by people of all races. It is run by a very religious, conservative black family.

That's one of the silliest arguments I've seen in a long time.

No, just stupid. Why you constantly need to point out that some black people like beck is a mystery.

Well, gee, Ravi..... I guess it's cuz people like you constantly need to bullshit about blacks. My post was in response to a question asked by someone else. Do I need your permission to respond to other people on here?

In my experience, people, blacks included, who work hard, earn what they have and live a middle class life tend to have conservative, and family-oriented. This is true of all races and ethnicities. People protect the things they value.

First off, I flat don't believe you on this one. Secondly, I believe that the vast majority of black people in this country vote Democratic.

That is a statistical fact. However many Dems are socially conservative.

Tide is turning though:

Among the many reverberations of President Obama’s election, here is one he probably never anticipated: at least 32 African-Americans are running for Congress this year as Republicans, the biggest surge since Reconstruction, according to party officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/us/politics/05blacks.html

I live on the banks of the Ohio River and not in the heart of barbecue country. But even I know that red oak or hickory are to fuel smokers. Gas may be used to start the fire, but gas imparts no flavor to smoked meats.

I'm partial to a hickory maple charcoal blend myself.

MMMMM Smoky, sweet and spicy BBQ.

First off, I flat don't believe you on this one. Secondly, I believe that the vast majority of black people in this country vote Democratic.

The vast majority of black people live in cities, and the vast majority of city dwellers vote Democratic.

I'm partial to a hickory maple charcoal blend myself.

MMMMM Smoky, sweet and spicy BBQ.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but barbecue is smoking meats, charcoal is grilling meats.

I had a project in Montgomery, Alabama once. the second portion of the project was in Birmingham. I had a weekend to drive north from Montgomery to Birmingham and i took the back roads. My expense account receipts showed I had hit damn near every little roadside barbecue between the capitol and Birmingham!

I also developed a hemorrhoid the size of a walnut after all that barbecue!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back