New Avengers......

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here is a review of the new Avengers movie....I like this reviewer......so here it is...

Avengers Age of Ultron Review Simply Spectacular - Breitbart

Faced with the daunting task of a follow-up to his critically-lauded 2012 box office sensation “The Avengers,” writer/director Joss Whedon faced a lift as heavy as Thor’s hammer. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), are all stars in their own right. You need to do more than just give them moments, you need to treat them like stars.

Whedon’s screenplay, which deserves an Oscar nomination, doesn’t just hit a home run, it hits a grand slam. Not only does “Ultron” achieve everything mentioned above, a number of surprise guests (at least for me) are also allowed to shine, as are two new super-powered individuals: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen reuniting from last year’s “Godzilla”).

And here for the conservatives among us.......

In the film’s best moment, The Avengers explain that they really aren’t fighting to SAVE THE PLANET. What they are risking everything for is a way of life exemplified by a Middle America farm with the star and stripes hanging proudly in the barn and next to the front door. After 15 years of Hollywood films portraying people as a disease, that tide is finally turning. Like Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight” trilogy, humanism pulsates to great effect through “Ultron.”

I took my kids to it yesterday and it was awesome. It was better than the first, however, I liked Guardians of the Galaxy more. Not sure why. It will be North of $1.5 bill as expected, but I don't think it will take the record.

The new characters were awesome. I enjoyed Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I was upset and surprised the killed off Quicksilver so quickly. I known they had to kill someone off, but Hawkeye seemed like a better candidate for being knocked off. I was surprised Falcon get X'ed from the movie (he had a cameo though). They did set up nicely for the next one, which I believe won't include Ironman or Hawkeye. I think they did it this way because both actors want out

The next team lineup: 1. Vision, 2. War Machine (makes up for the loss of Ironman), 3. Thor, 4. Hulk (yes they left it as him leaving, but Hulk stole the show in this movie also, no way they leave him out), 4. Falcon, 5. Captain America, 6. Scarlet Witch, 7. Black Widow and 8. Antman/Giantman (the preview in A2 looked awesome, it will be a hit and he will be there in A3 and so will Giantman).

I thought it was a good movie.

first, the characterizations were good, even for the minor characters. Josh Whedon's talent is to be able to keep several character arcs going and making them mesh well.

there were 8 movies and a TV series that were the backstory to this film, and they mesh together perfectly.

I like how Hawkeye was given more to do this movie.

It was really good. Non stop action and special effects were outstanding (as expected)
Some weird little sub plots going on. Never did get why Thor was in that lake. I liked the twins and was glad when she joined the fight with them.
All in all I think I liked the first Avengers better.
Did you stay till the end. Thanos ... "I guess Ill have to do it myself"
muahahaha!

It was really good. Non stop action and special effects were outstanding (as expected)
Some weird little sub plots going on. Never did get why Thor was in that lake. I liked the twins and was glad when she joined the fight with them.
All in all I think I liked the first Avengers better.
Did you stay till the end. Thanos ... "I guess Ill have to do it myself"
muahahaha!
Thor was in the lake to set up the next 5 years of the MCU. The Infinity Stones are everything! So far we know about 4 stones: the Tesseract, the stone in Guardians of the Galaxy, the Mind Gem now in Vision's forehead, and the stone from the Aether in Thor 2. There are 2 left. One, according to canon belongs to Dr. Strange who we won't meet for like 2 years or something like that, and the other... I don't know! :dunno:

I didn't see guardians of the galaxy. Or I saw only parts of it.
Vision was pretty strange...guess that's what happened when you have a mind gem in your forehead. lol
They kind of introduced new avengers...imo no one can top Tony Stark, Thor ect.... to be continued I guess
I also want Loki back.

I was shocked by how they handled the twins....It is the opposite as I remember the comic being. But then again in the comic they are the children of Magneto

I was shocked by how they handled the twins....It is the opposite as I remember the comic being. But then again in the comic they are the children of Magneto
Yeah they're not allowed to have any mention of mutants in these movies which is lame because they play such a huge role in the comics.
sooner or later Marvel will get the rights back for X-Men and Spiderman

Yeah they're not allowed to have any mention of mutants in these movies which is lame because they play such a huge role in the comics.
sooner or later Marvel will get the rights back for X-Men and Spiderman
They already got Spidey and he's set to be in the movies. The X-Men are doubtful as Fox has 2 big movies planned for them. It seems that Marvel is going to be using the Inhumans to fill the role of having lots of regular people with powers.

It was an excellent movie. I attended the IMAX 3D (accidently as My wife, who didn't attend and could not care one wit about the movie purchased the tickets online) and despite the distraction of the 3D, I enjoyed it immensely.

Tomorrow-land looks to be pretty awesome too.