New Altoids

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
Around here, Altoids now come in "Liquorice". Mmmmmmm. About time.

no1tovote4 said:
Uh! Is that black liquorice flavor? I can't stand the stuff!
Yep. Can smell them on the shelf, they're so strong. And they sort of burn in your mouth.
Ahhhh, but the taste. I used to like the "Black Jack" gum when I was little. Dad & I use to 'fight' over the black jellybeans. We were so happy when the candy companies got smart and started making bags of black jellybeans only. Speaking of jellybeans, they and gumdrops are really good with popcorn. Oughta try it. :)

Joz said:
Around here, Altoids now come in "Liquorice". Mmmmmmm. About time.

EEEWWW Yuck!!! I'm gagging now!

I was in my son's class room one day and they have those scented colored marker's, he was having me smell them, and most of them smelled pretty good, then he sticks a black one under my nose which smelled like black licorice and I start gagging, needless to say his 3rd grade class had quite a laugh that day!

khafley said:
EEEWWW Yuck!!! I'm gagging now!

I was in my son's class room one day and they have those scented colored marker's, he was having me smell them, and most of them smelled pretty good, then he sticks a black one under my nose which smelled like black licorice and I start gagging, needless to say his 3rd grade class had quite a laugh that day!
I wonder why that is. My son can't use these Altoids while he works (guitar teacher) because it makes the whole room smell & gags his students!
There is an old German cookie, my aunt use to make every Christmas, called a Springerle. I since, have gotten the recipe. They take 3 days to make and when they are done right, you could build a castle with them, they are so hard. But, they are flavored with Anise (seeds, but now oil).

Joz said:
I wonder why that is. My son can't use these Altoids while he works (guitar teacher) because it makes the whole room smell & gags his students!
There is an old German cookie, my aunt use to make every Christmas, called a Springerle. I since, have gotten the recipe. They take 3 days to make and when they are done right, you could build a castle with them, they are so hard. But, they are flavored with Anise (seeds, but now oil).

I would hate those. My mother used to talk about when licorice was the only candy available. If that were the case, I would never have eaten the stuff in my life. I really don't like that flavor at all.

no1tovote4 said:
I would hate those. My mother used to talk about when licorice was the only candy available. If that were the case, I would never have eaten the stuff in my life. I really don't like that flavor at all.
Personally, I think more people hate it, than like it. But those of us who do.......
I don't drink, but someone poured me some Sambuca which has a strong Anise flavor. It WAS good: nice after dinner sipping. But too much of that could get a person puking real quick.

Joz said:
Personally, I think more people hate it, than like it. But those of us who do.......
I don't drink, but someone poured me some Sambuca which has a strong Anise flavor. It WAS good: nice after dinner sipping. But too much of that could get a person puking real quick.

Hey Joz ,
I'm a big fan of licorice (black licorice is the only real licorice) . The Greeks make a liquore named Ouzo , great licorice flavor and packs a killer punch .
As far as jelly beans , Jelly Bellies are the best IMO.

sitarro said:
Hey Joz ,
I'm a big fan of licorice (black licorice is the only real licorice) . The Greeks make a liquore named Ouzo , great licorice flavor and packs a killer punch .
As far as jelly beans , Jelly Bellies are the best IMO.
The bar I worked at never carried Ouzo. I'm told it's similar to the Sambuca in taste. Even tho' I don't drink, I will take tastes of liquors, liqueurs or drinks so I know how best to serve my customers. Guess I'll have to find someone to share this with!

As far as jellybeans, there's not too many bad ones.

Joz said:
The bar I worked at never carried Ouzo. I'm told it's similar to the Sambuca in taste. Even tho' I don't drink, I will take tastes of liquors, liqueurs or drinks so I know how best to serve my customers. Guess I'll have to find someone to share this with!

As far as jellybeans, there's not too many bad ones.

Another one is Pernod Ricard , a French liqueur that is extraordinarily strong , killer stuff . This is what they say about it on their site . . .

The principal ingredient of Ricard is star anise, a rare spice that grows near the southern Chinese border and in the north of Vietnam. Others include licorice from Syria and aromatic herbs from Provence. The quality and harmony of the ingredients are the reason for its success and unique flavor. This refreshing beverage is traditionally served with 5 parts water and 1 part Ricard , making it "The French Milk" due to its cloudy, white appearance.

The Tootie Frootie Jelly Bellies are my favorite .

sitarro said:
The principal ingredient of Ricard is star anise, a rare spice that grows near the southern Chinese border and in the north of Vietnam. Others include licorice from Syria and aromatic herbs from Provence. The quality and harmony of the ingredients are the reason for its success and unique flavor.
This refreshing beverage is traditionally served with 5 parts water and 1 part Ricard , making it "The French Milk" due to its cloudy, white appearance.
Mixing it with water, just doesn't sound good. But I did write the name down. I know about star anise but 'licorice from Syria'? I tho't licorice was flavored by anise.

The Tootie Frootie Jelly Bellies are my favorite .
You're kidding.

Joz said:
Mixing it with water, just doesn't sound good. But I did write the name down. I know about star anise but 'licorice from Syria'? I tho't licorice was flavored by anise.

You're kidding.

You HAVE to mix it with water , by itself it would be like turpentine. It turns the water a milky color . I have had Ouzo mixed with orange juice and it turns it white and you barely taste the juice . All of the anisets are extremely strong.
I'm secure in my manhood , I can like tootie fruitie. :laugh:

sitarro said:
You HAVE to mix it with water ,
It just sounds nasty.
by itself it would be like turpentine.
Yeah, well alot of that stuff tastes like that.
. I have had Ouzo mixed with orange juice and it turns it white and you barely taste the juice .
Sorry, but this doesn't sound good, either.
I'm secure in my manhood , I can like tootie fruitie. :laugh:
You look like that kind of guy. It just sounded funny.

Forum List

Back