New 2015 GTO "The JUDGE"!

These cars are getting sicker and sicker. Meaner and meaner.

Ah, the good old days, bought a 1957 Chevy with a fuel injected 283 in it for $1200. Back in 1960 that was a lot of money! Last REAL one of those I saw, sold for $108,000! BUT you have to love the modern muscle, Shelby Mustangs with $1500 in add ons, plus tires goes 10 sec. quarters, Hellcats, with tires, the same. OK they are priced at $60K but what I spent $1200 on 55 years ago, is probably close to that price today!

Ah, the good old days, bought a 1957 Chevy with a fuel injected 283 in it for $1200. Back in 1960 that was a lot of money! Last REAL one of those I saw, sold for $108,000! BUT you have to love the modern muscle, Shelby Mustangs with $1500 in add ons, plus tires goes 10 sec. quarters, Hellcats, with tires, the same. OK they are priced at $60K but what I spent $1200 on 55 years ago, is probably close to that price today!

Not even close bro, that $60 was worth $7800 in 1960.

The biggest difference between today's cars and the cars from the 50s and 60s is the quality and durability.

Those old cars were temperamental as fuck and were always needing tinkered with. The modern automobile , hell essentially keep the oil ad filters changed and run some fuel cleaner through it occasionally and they are almost bulletproof to 100K , oh youll need to buy some brake pads and tires of course . but thats about it.

And nostalgia aside, a modern honda civic will beat the snot out of most 60s era muscle cars in all but a straight up drag race anyway.

The biggest difference between today's cars and the cars from the 50s and 60s is the quality and durability.

Those old cars were temperamental as fuck and were always needing tinkered with. The modern automobile , hell essentially keep the oil ad filters changed and run some fuel cleaner through it occasionally and they are almost bulletproof to 100K , oh youll need to buy some brake pads and tires of course . but thats about it.

And nostalgia aside, a modern honda civic will beat the snot out of most 60s era muscle cars in all but a straight up drag race anyway.

You're right, but I used to fix an exhaust pipe with an old coke can and some baling wire.... Cost perhaps 25 cents.... can't get away with that today!:biggrin:

You're right, but I used to fix an exhaust pipe with an old coke can and some baling wire.... Cost perhaps 25 cents.... can't get away with that today!:biggrin:

True enough. Though you can still work miracles with duct tape LOL

True enough. Though you can still work miracles with duct tape LOL

Yup, just look what you can do with a little duct tape....

before-and-after-cobra-3.jpg

before-and-after-cobra-2.jpg

Forum List

Back