New 2006 Thunder Mountain Choppers, 300 Rear Tire...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
For 2006, Thunder Mountain has made some very good changes. First off, they changed the drive from left side to right side, which took care of their balance issues. The bike is lighter and very well balanced now. Second, moving the drive from the left side to the right enabled them to use the LARGEST tire made for a motorcycle. The new 300!!! MASSIVE rubber, take a look...

x

LOL..here I thought ya were talking about..."Thunder on the Mountain"....comming very soon to VC!.............. :eek2:

Mr. P said:
A friend of mine has one that looks like that.
I think he said it was like 30-31k something. No way!

I had to redo a few of the pictures at a different image hosting site Mr. P, but take a look at the last picture. Better have a seat first ... :D

Nice bike. I am used to having to use the largest rubber available so not overly impressed...oh...wait...you were talking about the tire! Never mind.

CSM said:
Nice bike. I am used to having to use the largest rubber available so not overly impressed...oh...wait...you were talking about the tire! Never mind.
EVERYONE quick, pick-up yer feet, it's about to get DEEP in :poop: in here! :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
Oh I know. What I meant was NO way I'd ever spend that on a bike.

I wouldn't either. I think it's rediculous. But people buy 'em. More money than brains.

I'd build my own before I'd drop that kind of cash on one, and it would be exactly the way I wanted.

Pale Rider said:
I wouldn't either. I think it's rediculous. But people buy 'em. More money than brains.

I'd build my own before I'd drop that kind of cash on one, and it would exactly the way I wanted.

You could always pick up one of these for under $1000.00 ;)

chopper-4.jpg

http://www.moped-scooters.com/site/436105/page/416693

Hell no! Did you read the specs on it? Its a fuck'n scooter!

Damn thing looks like it was built for Mini-Me. :rotflmao:

Still, it would be funny to pull up on one of those at a bike night or something and act the part of Mr. Hardcore Biker Tough Guy, or parody the Weekend Warrior Yuppie who thinks having a bike makes him a badass.

Though it would be a pretty expensive gag... might be worth the laugh if you had the cash though.

GOOD lord - does that bike NEED all that rubber? Geesh! :) My car uses 225's...albeit FOUR of 'em. - I wonder if that bike has more TORQUE than does my car's engine? lol :)

Thanks for the pics, Pale! I sent them to my brother. He wants a Harley soooooo badly.

dmp said:
GOOD lord - does that bike NEED all that rubber? Geesh! :) My car uses 225's...albeit FOUR of 'em. - I wonder if that bike has more TORQUE than does my car's engine? lol :)

It's got a Harley Davidson 103" Screaming Eagle stroker in it. Around 120 foot pounds of torque, and around 110 horse power. More could be had with more compression, different cams, ECM race tuner, and few other little tweeks. It WILL burn that big back tire. I've done it.

And no, it sure doesn't "need" that massive 300 on it. They corner like SHIT! It's all about looks.

Forum List

Back