Never thought I would have no heat at work or at home

So. Did we ever find out why you have no heat, fbj? There's a nice cold front headed through the midwest and I'd hate to be joking about something that may be causing you to suffer. Did you get it fixed?

It was a water pipe issue so the landlord had the plumber come over to address the situation and now the heat is on

So. Did we ever find out why you have no heat, fbj? There's a nice cold front headed through the midwest and I'd hate to be joking about something that may be causing you to suffer. Did you get it fixed?
Space heaters are your friend...I keep a kerosene heater for when the electric goes out...
Those things are scary. That's the best option though.

Space heaters are your friend...I keep a kerosene heater for when the electric goes out...

Space Heaters are not allowed, it's on the lease. I found out the hard way two years ago and the space heater blew a fuse which made the landlord have an electrician come over and then the landlord gave me the $400 bill. When I first signed the lease I didn;t notice that it said no space heaters

Those things are scary. That's the best option though.

They are only to be used when you are awake

Space Heaters are not allowed, it's on the lease. I found out the hard way two years ago and the space heater blew a fuse which made the landlord have an electrician come over and then the landlord gave me the $400 bill. When I first signed the lease I didn;t notice that it said no space heaters
$400 bucks for a blown fuse and steam heat, is your building from the early 1900's?

$400 bucks for a blown fuse and steam heat, is your building from the early 1900's?

Yes it's a old building that has been around for decades

I need to be an electrician where you live.....

Well I don't have any mice which is a beautiful thing

I don't either...But you walk out the door and they are in the woods...

What if they are the large German cockroaches?

Apparently you live in what we used to call a "flop house". Do you pay rent by the night or by the week?

Why is it a flop house if the heat and hot water is included? Are u retarded?
It is usually not legal for a residential landlord to not provide heat in the
Apparently you live in what we used to call a "flop house". Do you pay rent by the night or by the week?

The law in most states usually requires a residential landlord to provide heat. You have been without heat now for what? Over a week? I live in the Deep South and even I have been using my heat.

You live in a fucking flop house, dude. Regardless of what you want to call it, it is most certainly a shit hole.

The law in most states usually requires a residential landlord to provide heat. You have been without heat now for what? Over a week? I live in the Deep South and even I have been using my heat.

You live in a fucking flop house, dude. Regardless of what you want to call it, it is most certainly a shit hole.

I had no heat because it was a plumbing issue. And I dont sign leases for shit holes.

shit holes are normally in the ghetto

I had no heat because it was a plumbing issue. And I dont sign leases for shit holes.

What does an apartment rent for there?

You have been without heat for over a weak. Unless they were removing and replacing pipes to bring them up to code (i.e., a typical shit hole problem), then they ought to be done by now. That they are not done is typical of the service you get in a shit hole.

I lived in a real shit hole while in grad school. It was all I could afford at the time. Now I own a nice house, with heat. Renting at 30 years old is pretty shameful. Not having heat during late fall for over a week is even worse. It is a shit hole. Add to that you severe social awkwardness that prevents you from fulfilling your desire to get laid and your serious money problems (and your thinning hair), and you are one sad sack. Then there is the fact that you are black, meaning that you are probably going to get diabetes and you could get shot any day of the week that you stick your nose outside.

Dude, if I were you I would take a knee. Bow out gracefully. Do you know what I am saying? A head first five off a ten story building. No, wait, check that; I don't want you to fall into and kill someone who actually has something to live for. You will have to find another way.

What does an apartment rent for there?

$1000 and higher

You have been without heat for over a weak. Unless they were removing and replacing pipes to bring them up to code (i.e., a typical shit hole problem), then they ought to be done by now. That they are not done is typical of the service you get in a shit hole.

I lived in a real shit hole while in grad school. It was all I could afford at the time. Now I own a nice house, with heat. Renting at 30 years old is pretty shameful. Not having heat during late fall for over a week is even worse. It is a shit hole. Add to that you severe social awkwardness that prevents you from fulfilling your desire to get laid and your serious money problems (and your thinning hair), and you are one sad sack. Then there is the fact that you are black, meaning that you are probably going to get diabetes and you could get shot any day of the week that you stick your nose outside.

Dude, if I were you I would take a knee. Bow out gracefully. Do you know what I am saying? A head first five off a ten story building. No, wait, check that; I don't want you to fall into and kill someone who actually has something to live for. You will have to find another way.

The heat was on wednesday night

And I won't end it all until you sniff my ass

Forum List

Back