NEVER, talk to the police.

saltshaker

Im over what damn hill?
Nov 20, 2010
Oxford, Ohio
This is about 28 minutes long but it is well worth the watch. The second one is surprizing. The police officer agrees with the professor.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE&feature=related[/ame]

Whether you are guilty or not does not matter. When questioned by police you should always invoke your rights under Miranda. Always.

They are not looking to be your pal, they are not looking to do anything other than, get YOU to do their job for them by incriminating yourself.

This isn't a knock on the profession, it's just reality. Interrogations are for one reason only: For you to give them something they don't have. Otherwise, they wouldn't even bother with it and just book you.

They fish. It's their job.

Whether you are guilty or not does not matter. When questioned by police you should always invoke your rights under Miranda. Always.

They are not looking to be your pal, they are not looking to do anything other than, get YOU to do their job for them by incriminating yourself.

This isn't a knock on the profession, it's just reality. Interrogations are for one reason only: For you to give them something they don't have. Otherwise, they wouldn't even bother with it and just book you.

That's basicly what the cop said. And they call them interviews, not interrogations. lol

That's basicly what the cop said. And they call them interviews, not interrogations. lol
They can use any euphemism they wish, doesn't change anything.

I was pulled over whilst driving, and the cop said "Do you know why I stopped you?"

I said "I will not answer without a lawyer."

It all went downhill from there.

And They can legally lie to you and misinform you.

Very interesting videos.

That professor was able to condense a 90 minute speech into 27 minutes with how fast he spoke.

I was pulled over whilst driving, and the cop said "Do you know why I stopped you?"

I said "I will not answer without a lawyer."

It all went downhill from there.

It should be "once in custody". If you are pulled over..be polite. Always.

And They can legally lie to you and misinform you.

I cannot stress this enough. While you can't legally lie to a cop, they can lie to you. Be very careful when it comes to them trying gain access to your vehicle. There are tricks. Never allow them to search your car, ever, even if they threaten you with the stupid drug dog. It's a feingned attempt to intimidate you.

I didn't watch the vid's this time but I've seen then both a few times. Hell, I've posted them both here at USMB at least once before.

In any case I think EVERYONE should watch these vid's at least once a year. (more if your one of the usual suspects, lol) If you don't have time at the moment, save them to your You Tube favorites and watch them when you can, you will be glad you did.

*(Just for the record, I did not know it was illegal to be in possession of a lobster)

If you go into a interview room and remain completely 100% silent, what can they do to you?

If you go into a interview room and remain completely 100% silent, what can they do to you?

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure there is not much they can do at all. And they have to let you go after X amount of hours (depending on what your brought in for in the first place, it's pretty much charge you or let you go).

Forum List

Back