never since carter

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by blu, Jul 16, 2010.

1. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
  3. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    In the very first sentence? The author NAILS the 'change' Obama spoke of on the campaign trail...and consequently?

It caught so many off guard...especially these that had their fleeting affair with this regime.

Many tried to warn...but here we are. Obama said he's rather be a one termer to get his agenda passed...I think on his present course? He'll be impeached before the end of the first with his Unconstitutional edicts...and many are seeing it...

As to the first sentence in the article?

Even Carter didn't cause this much divisiveness. Only Carter's policies caused this much malaise...and that's just economic.

Obama is Misery Index + divisivness. And look for it to grow IMHO.

4. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
  5. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Perhaps the most troubling for Obama is this little tid bit.

[quote]Even among the states, President Obama faces a growing revolt. Some 39 are fighting ObamaCare in court, calling it a violation of their rights. And after the Obama Justice Department tried to politically isolate Arizona over its new immigration law, nine states immediately stepped up to support it.[/quote]

6. The T

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    [/quote]

And this in of itself is telling. Obama has declared WAR against the people, and The States...and their soverignity they signed onto when they petitioned to become a Federalist member of the UNION.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I understand the point the article is trying to make, I believe though I disagree. Granted I was quite young under Carter, but seems to me that most folks just felt kinda sorry he was obviously so over his head. He was a terrible president, but I just don't remember anyone questioning he meant well for the US.

Nixon? There were serious questions about him and his agenda. There were those that thought he was great and those that despised him. Seems to me to be a better analogy with Obama.

As for rankings, yeah that's where Carter and Obama may marry up.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Back in 77 the Press was enthusiastic for Carter, but never sycophantic like they were at the beginning of the 0bama's term.

I don't want to see the kind of international derision that Carter engendered. That was very dangerous then, it is even more dangerous now.

9. The T

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Agreed. I was just an Airman Basic when I enlisted under Carter...and an Airman 1st Class when Carter screwed up on IRAN...and belive me? Many of us thought we were going to war over that episode.

Thankfully we didn't. And interestingly? Iran still vexes us to this day?

Only Iran's role it has ratcheted up...no response for thier role in killing our soldiers by proxy?

10. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    The comarison to Carter is made because their Failed economic Policies are very similar, and because Carter had a hard time taking criticism like Obama. The Only thing Nixon and Obama have in common is that they are very polarizing and both Criminals! IMO many of Obama's polices and actions have been criminal, if not the same as Covering up a break in, that it is not clear you even knew about, done in your name like Nixon did.

The polarization under Obama is even worse because of the race card being played by him and his party over and over. He was supposed to be the great uniter and his relentless push of an unpopular agenda, his misleading of the electorate into thinking he was a moderate, and his constant playing of the race card have made him the most polarizing force in this country since the time before the civil war. Average Americans in more and more numbers are waking up to the reality that they now have the furthers left president in our history, and that he is at war with our constitution, our traditions, and the people themselves. It is a shame as the first black presidency seems to be doing more harm to race relations than good, and It is not the fault of whites. Whites elected him. It is all on the left.

We told you this was coming. I sure wish more would have listened. I wish Hillary had won the nomination lol. She may be a lefty but she is not the driven ideologue Obama is. She would have never been willing to through away a second term to implement an agenda against our will, but clearly that is what Obama has decided to do. If we lose one of the more right leaning supreme court justices and obama get to appoint a replacement. He knows he has won, and the Lefts agenda will not be stopped.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010