never since carter

In the very first sentence? The author NAILS the 'change' Obama spoke of on the campaign trail...and consequently?

It caught so many off guard...especially these that had their fleeting affair with this regime.

Many tried to warn...but here we are. Obama said he's rather be a one termer to get his agenda passed...I think on his present course? He'll be impeached before the end of the first with his Unconstitutional edicts...and many are seeing it...

As to the first sentence in the article?

Once the darling of everyone, this administration now seems to be at odds with everyone, fussing, feuding and defending itself. Not since Carter have we had a White House so divorced from public opinion.

Even Carter didn't cause this much divisiveness. Only Carter's policies caused this much malaise...and that's just economic.

Obama is Misery Index + divisivness. And look for it to grow IMHO.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Perhaps the most troubling for Obama is this little tid bit.

[quote]Even among the states, President Obama faces a growing revolt. Some 39 are fighting ObamaCare in court, calling it a violation of their rights. And after the Obama Justice Department tried to politically isolate Arizona over its new immigration law, nine states immediately stepped up to support it.[/quote]

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Perhaps the most troubling for Obama is this little tid bit.

[quote]Even among the states, President Obama faces a growing revolt. Some 39 are fighting ObamaCare in court, calling it a violation of their rights. And after the Obama Justice Department tried to politically isolate Arizona over its new immigration law, nine states immediately stepped up to support it.
[/quote]

And this in of itself is telling. Obama has declared WAR against the people, and The States...and their soverignity they signed onto when they petitioned to become a Federalist member of the UNION.

I understand the point the article is trying to make, I believe though I disagree. Granted I was quite young under Carter, but seems to me that most folks just felt kinda sorry he was obviously so over his head. He was a terrible president, but I just don't remember anyone questioning he meant well for the US.

Nixon? There were serious questions about him and his agenda. There were those that thought he was great and those that despised him. Seems to me to be a better analogy with Obama.

As for rankings, yeah that's where Carter and Obama may marry up.

Back in 77 the Press was enthusiastic for Carter, but never sycophantic like they were at the beginning of the 0bama's term.

I don't want to see the kind of international derision that Carter engendered. That was very dangerous then, it is even more dangerous now.

I understand the point the article is trying to make, I believe though I disagree. Granted I was quite young under Carter, but seems to me that most folks just felt kinda sorry he was obviously so over his head. He was a terrible president, but I just don't remember anyone questioning he meant well for the US.

Nixon? There were serious questions about him and his agenda. There were those that thought he was great and those that despised him. Seems to me to be a better analogy with Obama.

Agreed. I was just an Airman Basic when I enlisted under Carter...and an Airman 1st Class when Carter screwed up on IRAN...and belive me? Many of us thought we were going to war over that episode.

Thankfully we didn't. And interestingly? Iran still vexes us to this day?

Only Iran's role it has ratcheted up...no response for thier role in killing our soldiers by proxy?

The comarison to Carter is made because their Failed economic Policies are very similar, and because Carter had a hard time taking criticism like Obama. The Only thing Nixon and Obama have in common is that they are very polarizing and both Criminals! IMO many of Obama's polices and actions have been criminal, if not the same as Covering up a break in, that it is not clear you even knew about, done in your name like Nixon did.

The polarization under Obama is even worse because of the race card being played by him and his party over and over. He was supposed to be the great uniter and his relentless push of an unpopular agenda, his misleading of the electorate into thinking he was a moderate, and his constant playing of the race card have made him the most polarizing force in this country since the time before the civil war. Average Americans in more and more numbers are waking up to the reality that they now have the furthers left president in our history, and that he is at war with our constitution, our traditions, and the people themselves. It is a shame as the first black presidency seems to be doing more harm to race relations than good, and It is not the fault of whites. Whites elected him. It is all on the left.

We told you this was coming. I sure wish more would have listened. I wish Hillary had won the nomination lol. She may be a lefty but she is not the driven ideologue Obama is. She would have never been willing to through away a second term to implement an agenda against our will, but clearly that is what Obama has decided to do. If we lose one of the more right leaning supreme court justices and obama get to appoint a replacement. He knows he has won, and the Lefts agenda will not be stopped.

Last edited:
comparing past potus's to each other juxtaposed to any current economic scenario is like debating the roll of a past actors validity in any given current movie (Humphrey Bogart vs. Brad Pitt ? )

further, i hear one can cut the head off a cockroach, and the body will get around for some time without it. the analogy fits given that it's not those who leads here, as much as it is who follows.....

Agreed. I was just an Airman Basic when I enlisted under Carter...and an Airman 1st Class when Carter screwed up on IRAN...and belive me? Many of us thought we were going to war over that episode.

Thankfully we didn't. And interestingly? Iran still vexes us to this day?

Only Iran's role it has ratcheted up...no response for thier role in killing our soldiers by proxy?

1n the year of your lord Ronald Regan 1988, your buddies in the navy shot down 290 iranian civilians including 66 chidren upon a mistake built upon previous Iranian stupidity. The point is, I think you've had plenty of revenge for an Iranian regime built almost exclusively on American intervention and mistakes. Not to mention that countless 100's of thousands of Iranian men that died when your hero rumsfeld and his retards were lavishing weapons for Sadham and his henchman to rain BY PROXY on Iran.

I would credit the utter incompetance of the prior administration rather than the media for the election of Obama, for let's also take into consideration the rejections of Republicans from Congress in 2006 and 2008. America and the GOP were both left in shambles.

You expect the opposition to disagree with a president who has moved the country farther to the left than any chief executive since FDR. And indeed, the changes have been epic, whether it's the nationalization of health care, the $700 billion in bailouts, the $862 billion in failed stimulus, the takeover of the car industry or attempts to control Wall Street.

Second paragraph says it all. "I am a right wing conservative and I am unhappy with anything this popularly elected administration does"

All items noted were major successes and were achieved despite right wing obstruction

You expect the opposition to disagree with a president who has moved the country farther to the left than any chief executive since FDR. And indeed, the changes have been epic, whether it's the nationalization of health care, the $700 billion in bailouts, the $862 billion in failed stimulus, the takeover of the car industry or attempts to control Wall Street.

Second paragraph says it all. "I am a right wing conservative and I am unhappy with anything this popularly elected administration does"

All items noted were major successes and were achieved despite right wing obstruction

You couldn't prove a single one was a success if your life depended on it... And I'm not even arguing for you to prove even 1 was a "major" success as you put it. Success would be saying the problem was solved being that's what was promised, and if you think the problem is solved I urge you to stop posting or talking to any other human beings as you only hurt and embarrass us as a species.

Its really funny to watch the cons scrape the bottom of the barrel to try and manufacture the same level of hate Bush engendered arround the world to dump on Obama.

It is you and your manufactured outrage that are the epic fail.

Forum List

Back