Never let a tragedy go to waste.

TMW2011-01-12acolorlowres-copy-2.jpg

Spot on !!!!

The same laws that apply to gun dealers in their store fronts apply to them at gun shows, you bigoted ignoramus.

You KNOW that all sales at gun shows are not legal; saying laws apply means nothing to criminals and anyone selling a gun illegally is a criminal. You may now free to call me a name too.

The MAJORITY of guns sold at gunshows are sold by PRIVATE owners and require NO BACK GROUND check
No, no they are not.

The booth fees at most gun shows pretty much eliminate any privte seller that doesn't have a huge stockpile of weapons for sale.

You really have NFI what you're blabbering about.

20 families have lost their babies today, it's natural for people to ask "what could we have done?!". However I dont think any new gun restrictions will happen.

why don't you tell us how gun restrictions will prevent it?

The same laws that apply to gun dealers in their store fronts apply to them at gun shows, you bigoted ignoramus.

You KNOW that all sales at gun shows are not legal; saying laws apply means nothing to criminals and anyone selling a gun illegally is a criminal. You may now free to call me a name too.

The MAJORITY of guns sold at gunshows are sold by PRIVATE owners and require NO BACK GROUND check
And the MAJORITY of the GUNS sold at GUN SHOWS are not USED for any CRIMINAL PURPOSE.

I fully understand the concept behind the second amendment, but I also know random school massacres weren't much of a problem in the late 1700's.
Hooliganism wasn't much of a problem, let alone celebrated, in pop culture of the 1700s, either....Your point being?

Great, another non sequitur.

Did you know C-4 also wasn't a problem in the 1700's?
So what?

My point was that there's also a cultural issue to be considered here...I really, really didn't think you were so dense as to miss that.

Yes, but one of those people can but at a gun show.

Idiot ignoramus bigot.

Happy now?

I really don't think it's anymore silly than believing that 'killers are just gonna kill, so what's the point?'.

A firearm makes it easier to indulge in this psychotic impulse that some unfortunate people have. If you can make it harder to facilitate that, you do it, or at least attempt to, at least that's how I see it.
I'm saying that you have to look at the overall effect. If it saves one person but costs the lives of three others, what have you really accomplished?

In any event, a waiting period isn't going to stop a crazy person. They will probably still be crazy at the end of it, assuming they don't just steal someone else's firearm.

Do we really have any way to know how many people have died because of an extended inability to obtain a firearm? Honestly you don't really hear much about that sort of thing.

Another thing to ponder is, there's no way to identify how many lives have been saved through gun legislation, since people don't keep records of when nothing happens. I suppose it's possible that it hasn't done jack, but I don't think there's a way to know for sure.
That's kinda what I'm saying. We won't know if it saves just one person's life either way.

I don't think you sound like a conservative lunatic. I think everyone should be given the opportunity to own a gun.

I have 2 myself now, and enjoy the hell out of them.

I just think that we need to have some common sense about the whole issue.

Treat it like car ownership.

Blind people can't drive cars, drunk drivers get their licenses revoked.

Therefore insane people should be allowed to have guns, nor should criminals.

A common thread I see in these shootings is that those around him agree he is fucking nuts. His parents don't know what to do with him, his teachers identify him as troubled, employers and coworkers see him as unstable. And yet, until he is committed, he can go out and buy as many guns and as much ammo as he wants

There has to be a better way

It was broadcasted a moment ago the guns used today were legally purchased by the shooter's mother, who was the first one shot and killed today.

Sad.....really sad

No, no they are not.

The booth fees at most gun shows pretty much eliminate any privte seller that doesn't have a huge stockpile of weapons for sale.

I don't remember ever having gone to a gun show that didn't require a background check.

I need to find out where these gun shows are at that don't require one. It would save me a lot of time.

This type of insanity should unite us in our efforts to protect innocent life. Not divide us along political lines.

Gramps, you sick old fuck.

less than 30 minutes after those 20 children were murdered execution style, you posted the FIRST TREAD POLITICIZING THE TRAGEDY.

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

BUSTED!!

And fuck you too.

No, no they are not.

I don't remember ever having gone to a gun show that didn't require a background check.

I need to find out where these gun shows are at that don't require one. It would save me a lot of time.
Oh, you can find them, but you have to look hard at a lot of gun shows....I know, I go to quite a few of them.

Like I said, there are very few private sellers who can afford the booth fees to make selling off their private collections worth the bother and expense...The garbage line about guns shows being a huge wild west open air black market, is only spouted by the most ignorant and bigoted of ignorant bigots.

Last edited:
I think that anyone who can go through a room of kindergartners and execute them one by one is a sick son of a bitch. Were there clues? Could we have done something to keep guns away from this sick fuck?

We need to look at our society and our laws. Confiscating guns is not the answer. But can we do ANYTHING to keep guns out of the hands of sick son of a bitches?

no new laws will come from this but your paranoia is noted.

not from lack of trying, or did you miss the point?

the point was you whining "they're coming to take mah gunzzz" and i'm telling you that simply won't happen and none of us care about your view of gun rights. it's like a gay dude screaming that he's gay to everyone and thinking everyone is out to get him, when nobody cares.

lol.

I don't think anyone is arguing about the idea that if someone really wants to kill another, that it will more than likely be done.

But does that mean we should see that the process of such a thing is as accommodating as possible to the potential murderer?

Does anyone think that if that guy went into the school today with a couple of knives that this would've ended as tragically?

It did in China

China has had School kids attacked by knife wielders before ......they probably have people calling for the banning of knives over there.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010–2011)

No, no they are not.

Oh, you can find them, but you have to look hard at a lot of gun shows....I know, I go to quite a few of them.

Like I said, there are very few private sellers who can afford the booth fees to make selling off their private collections worth the bother and expense...The garbage line about guns shows being a huge wild west open air black market, is only spouted by the most ignorant and bigoted of ignorant bigots.

Ah, so only the rich can sell their guns to any fucking nut that comes down the pike. Awesome.

My gawd you are an idiot.

Beware because I'm about to sound like a Conservative lunatic...

This country was founded on the right to gun ownership with the belief that the citizenry should be armed not only to protect and use in their everyday lives but also as the last safeguard against a tyrannical government. There is no way that shall ever be infringed upon. What we saw today was the price for that freedom and unfortunately sometimes eggs get broken to make an omelette. Also, I think when everything comes out about this guy, I think it's going to be clear that access to guns for this loon wasn't the biggest factor in the shooting.

And we'll do what we always do when a shooting breaks out. We'll bitch and argue over the shooting and fight with each other about the possibility of new laws until it's no longer interesting or relevant anymore, then we'll move on to the next issue.

I don't think you sound like a conservative lunatic. I think everyone should be given the opportunity to own a gun.

I have 2 myself now, and enjoy the hell out of them.

I just think that we need to have some common sense about the whole issue.

Treat it like car ownership.

Blind people can't drive cars, drunk drivers get their licenses revoked.

Therefore insane people should be allowed to have guns, nor should criminals.

Insane people and criminals already can't own guns legally.

Calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at elementary school | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Morons, more laws won't stop people bent on killing. Unless they plan to seal our borders and our coastline outlawing guns won't stop them from being available to crooks and killers.

By the way? In China a man murdered a bunch of elementary school children with a knife. One does not need a gun. And the ability to construct a huge bomb is pretty available as well.

Just so you know, I will never surrender my weapons.
In another thread you made the claim the countries with stricter gun laws than ours had more mass shootings. I asked you to link it but you ran away and started this thread instead.

How about proving your claim?

I did no such thing, I said more violent crime. I guess reading is not your strong suit.

Forum List

Back