Never Knew the Taxes the Corporation Paid

It is not wrong to resist an oppressive government. That's what Patriotism is all about.

it is wrong

when you do it for your own personal gain, AT THE EXPENSE of other fellow citizens

and

it is wrong, when you live in a democracy and have the means to have it changed IF IT TRUELY WERE the will of the people....

is it ok for all of us who disagree with legislation of our congress to just ignore it?

that would be lawlessness ruling, no?

Well, we don't live in a Democracy, but that's another topic.

I'm not saying that at all. There are plenty of countries with oppressive tax policies and citizens and corporations have to find a LEGAL way to shelter their wealth. This is patriotism. Allowing an oppressive government to rob and rape its citizens is immoral.

BTW, could you respond to post #34?

We live in a Democratic Republic...not a Republic like the Republic of Congo, but a Democratic Republic, a Democracy...not a parliamentory form of democracy, not a classic one man one vote democracy, but a republican form of democracy, a representative form of democracy, is what i was taught in the Military schools i went to on Base.

okay, i will go back to post 34 and read it and respond to it...

Uh, no. You're assuming that every business will increase their prices at the same rate because they all got the same tax increase. That is incorrect. To remain competitive, corporations will not raise prices more than they have to. Larger companies can usually absorb costs better than smaller ones, so the small companies will not be as competitive.

So here's my question to you: Raising taxes will increase the cost of doing business, will increase the price of goods sold which means everyone will have to pay more for a given product, will make smaller companies less competitive, for some companies profits will decrease which means wages will not increase. And I didn't even mention anything about foreign competition. Does this bother you at all?

first, small businesses will NEVER have the same buying power of a corporation, so they will never be able to retail their product or promote their product the way a corporation can....just take walmart as an example of a corporation...they can retail their product for less than the mom and pop carrying the same merchandise, regardless of taxes.

THIS has to be taken in to consideration by the business owner when choosing his business. The only way the mom and pop can compete, is thru customer service...customer service that is so good, that the customer returns and also does not mind paying a bit more for this one on one customer care.

Otherwise, i would not go in to business in an area where i was going head to head with a big corporation as my competition. This would be UNWISE unless you have some niche in customer service that you know the customer still demands and the corporation just couldn't supply due to their infrastructure.

raising taxes slightly on a small business owner, will probably have no major impact on the business itself....if anything, some possitives can come out of it, like the owner dotting more i's and crossing more t's, and pushing their employees to be more productive, increasing your sales while not increasing your payroll, which can compensate for the slightly higher taxes WITHOUT affecting your take of the business....

if all else fails, you might have to raise the price of the product you sell...

IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME....prices go up if freight costs or gas prices go up, prices go up if material prices go up, prices go up if advertising costs go up, prices go up if your rent/overhead goes up, prices go up for a number of reasons, taxes is only one of them and as the business owner, these are things you have to deal with all the time....

you, as the business owner, has to make decisions daily that affect your business regarding your competition....nothing new....

survival of the fittest, or...simply capitalism.

Does anyone care to address this since truthsplatters won't?

Yes and I ultimately pay for ALL those benefits where the employees don't

not what you said earlier.

not my point at all. Income fluctuations happen.

You try after giving raises in good time to cut salaries in bad times and tell me if employees will understand. But the business owner is just supposed to take it in stride right?

Would you actually make a decision to not grow an area of your business that in the long run has opportunities because that would mean in the short run, you would bring home less in profits?

I don't see how this question is relevant but no. I have never been penny wise and pound foolish

i guess i come from a different business world, the big business world....it was doggy dog...scrambling to get the quality factories overseas to make your product...your usa competition is there also, trying to beat you to the good, reliable quality factories to make next seasons goods....dotting every i and crossing every t because it all related to making your aggresive sales plan, figuring out what proprietory features you can put in your product and trademark to one up your competion... Nike AIR vs. the REEBOK PUMP, Jordan vs. the Shack in marketing....as example...

the pressure to always BEAT what you did last year from sales to improving your gross margin profit....give the corporation more and more....find every opportunity to save a dime when possible, without hurting the standard quality of the brand...the Brand name....factories closing midstream in production....just all kinds of hurdles to make it over with extreme expectations to do better...

and although unsaid, and behind the scenes you got shareholders voicing in to the ceo for certain....

I'm just saying, don't go in to business if you can't handle or catch the ''fast ball''....

i am not advocating the slightly higher taxes that affect less than 5 % of small business owners, but if they do have to pay more taxes on their personal income then previously, then i say...''when the going gets tough, the tough get going!'' and they need to figure out what they can do to make their business more profitable in other areas that could still allow them to take home the same in net income....time to put the thinking cap on and time to give extra effort if necessary!

It's NOT the time to just sit back and whine about it!

Call it, tough love....but this is how to be successful in business, i truly believe such!

care

Forum List

Back