Never Just Believe Israel Headlines. 1008 NY voters does not indicate anything

That's ok, I guess you made it up.

you do lots of "guessing"-------and you are always wrong.
I am a very good guesser------I always did very well on standardized tests which are "multiple choice" I understand
that you are afraid of finding out that Thomas Jefferson was
literate in Hebrew because it busts that bubble that you GUESSED up for yourself. Guessing well vs guessing poorly
is not a matter of chance. It really is based on whatever is
your Intelligence AND your baseline fund of knowledge. I guess well because I actually do have a vast fund of knowledge gained from lots of reading-----whereas your
knowledge is based on the garbage which the catechism whore poured into your head as she nudged the altar boy
to the back of the "confessional" Anyone out there who does not now that Thomas Jefferson was literate in Hebrew-----
and wants to know-----just search __Thomas Jefferson knew Hebrew___
pour

I am a very good guesser------I always did very well on standardized tests which are "multiple choice" I understand
literate in Hebrew because it busts that bubble that you GUESSED up for yourself. Guessing well vs guessing poorly
your Intelligence AND your baseline fund of knowledge. I guess well because I actually do have a vast fund of knowledge gained from lots of reading-----whereas your
knowledge is based on the garbage which the catechism whore poured into your head as she nudged the altar boy
to the back of the "confessional" Anyone out there who does not now that Thomas Jefferson was literate in Hebrew-----
pour

No, because I do not believe it and since you claimed it , its up to you.

pour

No, because I do not believe it and since you claimed it , its up to you.

I was not addressing you------I addressed "anyone interested"
Your obvious deficit of general information is very likely due to
your very narrow interests. It fascinates me that people who fancy themselves "scholars" of the Christian religion----
NOW-----do not know any Hebrew or Aramaic at all. In the past ----in order to be considered any kind of scholar in the world of Christians -----one had to be proficient in the three "classical languages"------
Greek, Hebrew, and Latin. Of course ----the situation has changed------used to be doctors were supposed to know Latin. In my high school------there was only one kid who wanted to study Latin-----he thought he was going to become a doctor. ---------When my father was in high school----LATIN was a popular foreign language------French for girls and Latin for boys. I am glad I did Spanish-----despite the fact that I did not learn much-----it did help a little------a lot more than the
two years of college german-------GERMAN for all "science majors" what a waste------except the KAFKA----

did you ever study a language, Penelope? any language----it is clear you missed English

I have often wondered why Christians are not interested
in the languages that Jesus spoke and read. There is
absolutely no evidence at all in the NT that he knew a word
of greek

Fellow posters------I am guessing that our dear penny did
search ** Thomas Jefferson knew Hebrew** and found the
statement to be true-----but she is so shy that she cannot bear
to admit the fact-----poor girl

Why not back up your ridiculous claims with some solid references.

Why not back up your ridiculous claims with some solid references.

I never made a ridiculous claim in my life. I was fully aware of the fact that Thomas Jefferson was literate in Hebrew before al gore invented the internet. I did check the statement --Thomas Jefferson knew Hebrew- ---simply to make sure that the information is available even to an ignorant jerk like you---
and, indeed it is. I am not at all surprised that YOU do not know simple facts like "Thomas Jefferson knew Hebrew" You have already demonstrated the paucity of your mind. BTW---you have never cited a SOLID reference in your life-----
I have come upon ----simply by pasting your idiot comments into search engines-------islamo Nazi propaganda sites. Of course I am not surprised-------I read the crap you parrot when I was a child---------and there were lots of "catholic school" kids in my town. They were brought up to believe that jesus ate
bacon and eggs for breakfast

try to be honest, Penelope------you really did "guess" that the
"money changers" that Jesus chased from the temple court
yard were PHARISEES------right? c'mon Penelope------confession is good for the "soul" ----if you had one

of greek

The majority of Jews spoke Greek in that time , read some history. Hebrew had died out already.

of greek

The majority of Jews spoke Greek in that time , read some history. Hebrew had died out already.

wrong again Penny dear----there is no evidence at all that Jesus spoke a word of greek-------he spoke ARAMAIC and was literate in Hebrew. Hebrew never died. I know history------and I am in possession of whole books written in Hebrew at the time in question -----(not the originals-----just reprints) Your misunderstanding is based on the fact that you carry a family legacy of illiteracy----
literacy FRIGHTENS you

Right, reprints, if you know history then you know that the big majority of those in Judea at the time of Jesus spoke Greek and Aramaic, thanks to the Ptolemy in Alexandria who had the Hebrew books transcribed into Greek with the Greek religious twist in them along with some Egyptian. The rest came from Sumerian and Canaanite religions.

Right, reprints, if you know history then you know that the big majority of those in Judea at the time of Jesus spoke Greek and Aramaic, thanks to the Ptolemy in Alexandria who had the Hebrew books transcribed into Greek with the Greek religious twist in them along with some Egyptian. The rest came from Sumerian and Canaanite religions.

for the record-----Penelope lied again-----the "majority of jews" did not speak greek at the time of Jesus ------and there is no evidence at all that Jesus spoke a word of greek. They spoke Aramaic ------in fact a HEBRAIZED form of Aramaic----written
using the same standard Hebrew script that is used today which actually developed over time and includes some Aramaic elements combined with prior forms of the Hebrew script. The Tanach (aka bible) was translated into Greek on the commission of Ptolemy----who was "king" of Egypt at that time because he wanted it for the great library of Alexandria. It was not translated for the benefit of jews but for the benefit of the rest of the world. Jews continued to read it in Hebrew. ---and still do, -HOWEVER jews also used Aramaic to write contracts because that language was
the most WELL KNOWN to the general population of jews ------Even more interesting----ARAMAIC is still used to write marriage contracts----now that most jews DO NOT KNOW Aramaic or only very little. My marriage contract is written in Aramaic------(sheeeeeesh....) There are some synagogues----even today that do a SIMULTANEOUS translation of the Hebrew reading into
Aramaic--------a weird idea today but it is a vestige of the past-------when people understood Aramaic more easily than they did----Hebrew. Is that fact not fascinating, Penelope? Of course the reading itself is done in Hebrew----the
translator stands off to the side. For the record---some parts of the bible ARE written in Aramaic------I believe the book of DANIEL is Notice that the islamo Nazi propaganda includes
the false notion that Egyptian and other religion elements got ADDED to the
to the translation ------Penelope is parroting typical islamo Nazi shit----not true
at all-----the SEPTUAGINTA is a scholarly and accurate translation of the original
tanach into Greek and does not include the whore's manual which is Penelope's bible---she licked that idea off of her pimp's ass.
For the record-----fellow posters-----try to ignore Penelope's information------she is clueless. She picks up silly shit from islamo Nazi websites and inebriated social contacts. For some reason she finds some comfort in her "belief" that the Hebrew language "DIED" and Jesus knew French and Greek but no Hebrew and liked to eat ESCARGOT. Long ago when I was a child growing up in a very
waspish town full of Nazi shit like Penelope-------my fellows got insulted if anyone
said "jesus ate kosher food"

wrong again, Penelope----you are spitting shit that you licked off your pimp's ass.
THE JEWS of Judea at that time spoke a form of ARAMAIC-----actually a Hebraized form which------is still used by jews. Jews write marriage contracts in that language. Jews who are scholars in religion know that language well.. It is
still used for some prayers in synagogues. NO GREEK In fact if greek had been a commonly used language for jews back then in Talmudic times-----it would STILL show up in jewish prayer books-------it wasn't. My marriage contract is written in Aramaic------
looks like and sounds like Hebrew-----same script and very similar
style of expression. The SEPTUAGINTA was a project commissioned by
the then king of Egypt for the library in Alexandria------a translation of the "tanach"
(bible) into greek. It is a very fine translation and includes nothing from the whore's manual which you consider sacred-----Egyptian, cannanite or any of the other
red light districts that spawned you. Jews did not use it as a sacred text back then nor have they since -----and not now because most jews did not know any greek either then or now. Aramaic is still in use----------(I know a bit of Hebrew but-----am hopeless in Aramaic------but even I can sorta "make out" my marriage contract-----it is actually very much like Hebrew----not that I am fluent in Hebrew)
It is true that highly educated jews back then knew greek, just as highly educated
people in the USA 200 years ago knew Latin, Greek and Hebrew (like Thomas Jefferson) Is there any language at all that you know, Penelope?

Language of the New Testament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everything I read says the same, except for PM Bibi who had to the nerve to tell the Pope, "Jesus spoke Hebrew you know" and the Pope just looked down and smiles. Aramaic was the main language and Greek the second. Jefferson did not speak hebew in anything that I've read about him.

Everything YOU "READ" says "the same"???? the same what?----the same idiocy you posted? The jews in Israel/Judea were speaking greek? I have seen some of your sources. I did not say that Jefferson SPOKE Hebrew-----I said he was literate in Hebrew as was Jesus. Greek was not a language SPOKEN by jews in Israel/Judea. It was used in ALEXANDRIA ------where the SEPTUAGINTA was written. The Septuaginta was a TRANSLATION from Hebrew into greek----done by jewish scholars who lived in Alexandria where jewish scholars were fluent in greek and Hebrew and aramaic Alexandria was a greek town
What is wrong with saying that Jesus spoke Hebrew?-----he did according to the new testament ---------he also spoke Aramaic . The "lord's prayer" was spoken in HEBREW -----not Aramaic You seem to want to believe that the NT is pile of shit-----you must have been in a mosque. The first time I went to a mosque the TOPIC of the Khutbah Jumaat was,, in sum and substance "the New Testament is pile of shit" in fact it was written by "PERVERSE LIARS----ENEMEEEEEES OF ISLAAAAAAM"
The Aramaic spoken by Jesus was not even just Aramaic-----it was a mixture of Aramaic and Hebrew. The pope speaks Spanish. He revealed himself to be an idiot when he tried to correct Netanyahu------the idiot pope knows neither Hebrew nor Aramaic------I doubt the he even knows greek-----the language most scholars believe is that of most of the New Testament------sorta,,,,, maybe.
You should choose your reading material more carefully. ------whatever it is you do read------is rendering you an idiot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back