Never Forget..

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
As a proud dad of a daughter I have told her all her life that she can do anything and to NEVER and I mean NEVER let anyone tell her she cannot achieve the things in life she wishes because of who she is. While doing some reading I ran across an interesting article of an all-female aircrew of a KC-135 flying missions over Afghanistan. It reminded of me of what I told my won daughter many times. While we all no doubt are proud of ALL the young men and women that serve our great nation, it's worth keeping in mind that those that do serve come from ALL backgrounds, ALL beliefs, and yes both male and female, but they have one thing in common and thats serving a cause greater than themselves. It's my hope and desire that they ALL return home to their loved ones soon and that their daily sacrifices are NEVER forgotten.

LadiesNightOverAfghanistan.jpg

Google Image Result for http://www.military-network.com/graphics/LadiesNightOverAfghanistan.jpg

Great post. It's not about who or what or why...but about the friend next to you....that's what keeps us going.

What is ironic is that the military is the ultimate form of collectivism, though no 'conservative' will ever admit it...

080714-N-7981E-091.jpg

Here is another photo of a young woman in the USS Abraham Lincoln, doing the hard work needed to keep this nation safe. The point here is that these young people do this hard work for reasons stated above and the very last thing in peoples mind is what is their ethnic heritage, or sex, or belief structure, but rather can they do the hard work needed. It's too bad this simple principle cannot be applied more often and then perhaps our nation might find itself less at odds with one another and more able to meet the challenges for a what I still believe is a bright future for all of us.

Great post. It's not about who or what or why...but about the friend next to you....that's what keeps us going.

What is ironic is that the military is the ultimate form of collectivism, though no 'conservative' will ever admit it...

You vastly mis-understand conservatism. Conservatives want all people to have equal opportunity...hell why do you think they hate affirmative action (institutional racism) so much?

You vastly mis-understand conservatism. Conservatives want all people to have equal opportunity...hell why do you think they hate affirmative action (institutional racism) so much?

I don't misunderstand 'conservatism' at all...although I often disagree with Navy, he's a very rare conservative...one with a conscience...

I have little used for the 'me, myself and I' conservative majority...if your patriotism is not based on caring about fellow Americans then it really is NOT patriotism...

I don't misunderstand 'conservatism' at all...although I often disagree with Navy, he's a very rare conservative...one with a conscience...

I have little used for the 'me, myself and I' conservative majority...if your patriotism is not based on caring about fellow Americans then it really is NOT patriotism...

I dont see how conservatives dont care about their fellow americans....they care as much as the liberals do. The difference is how liberals and conservatives view what is best, in relation to governance, for their fellow americans.

ObamaCare: Conservatives think its bad for americans because they think it cant be funded, the government is inept to make personal decisions for you on health care, and to force americans to buy a product(insurance) from private companies is unconstitutional.

Liberals think its good for america because our insurance companies do pull scumbag moves like denial of coverage for pre-existings, they feel the government can handle making these decisions and may be better at it than the avg joe, and they feel its worth running up a defecit to pay for.

See what I'm getting at?

Conservative, Liberal, I don't honestly care what the label is , if you look at a person, you might find they are not all that apart on basic things. Take healthcare for example, I think most will agree that lowering the cost of healthcare and having access to good high quality healthcare is a good thing. Where the difference is, is how you get there. Sometimes in that effort though in suggesting on how to get there the basic premise is sometimes lost. The same can be said for a lot of things that effect us all, I suspect. Personally, I am of the opinion that if we spent more time as Americans holding those who work for us accountable to US , then there would be less of this my team your team mentality thats much in view in Washington much to chagrin of us all.

I dont see how conservatives dont care about their fellow americans....they care as much as the liberals do. The difference is how liberals and conservatives view what is best, in relation to governance, for their fellow americans.

ObamaCare: Conservatives think its bad for americans because they think it cant be funded, the government is inept to make personal decisions for you on health care, and to force americans to buy a product(insurance) from private companies is unconstitutional.

Liberals think its good for america because our insurance companies do pull scumbag moves like denial of coverage for pre-existings, they feel the government can handle making these decisions and may be better at it than the avg joe, and they feel its worth running up a defecit to pay for.

See what I'm getting at?

Yea, I see what your getting at...conservatives have bought into the right wing mantra that 'government is the problem' ... Bush castrated government so there was no way it could work and now the pea brains want to kill it off...the system created by our founding fathers

In favor of a corporatocracy which is the model of Benito Mussolini...

You complain about being forced to buy insurance from private corporations...well guess HOW that happened...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$1.4 million dollars per day in lobbying BY those corporations payed for it... a fair amount of Democrats fought the insurance corporations, and NOT ONE Republican did...not ONE...

One question, if you want to destroy the representative republic of our founders, can you come up with a better model than fascism?

Privatization works well for garbage collection, but NOT where people's lives are at stake.

The party of Lincoln is now the Democratic Party...

"The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."
President Abraham Lincoln

sorry for trying to be rational

:banghead:

I guess I deserve that red herring upside the head for trying to show I understand that liberals dont hate americans even though they want to pass this bill.

how much have you done to obliterate poverty?

See what I'm getting at?

Yea, I see what your getting at...conservatives have bought into the right wing mantra that 'government is the problem' ... Bush castrated government so there was no way it could work and now the pea brains want to kill it off...the system created by our founding fathers

In favor of a corporatocracy which is the model of Benito Mussolini...

You complain about being forced to buy insurance from private corporations...well guess HOW that happened...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$1.4 million dollars per day in lobbying BY those corporations payed for it... a fair amount of Democrats fought the insurance corporations, and NOT ONE Republican did...not ONE...

One question, if you want to destroy the representative republic of our founders, can you come up with a better model than fascism?

Privatization works well for garbage collection, but NOT where people's lives are at stake.

The party of Lincoln is now the Democratic Party...

"The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."
President Abraham Lincoln

Only you would bring partisan drivel to a great thread like this. Good work, BFGRN :razz:

sorry for trying to be rational

:banghead:

I guess I deserve that red herring upside the head for trying to show I understand that liberals dont hate americans even though they want to pass this bill.

Rational? You mean like walking into the street and knowing it hurts when a semi hits you, but not rational enough to know to look both ways?

Problem is, the Republicans DON'T care about the people, they are using this health care debate for ONE purpose...POWER...they don't care how many Americans die, as long as they can defeat the President and his party...

Republicans, starting with the most destructive president ever Ronald Reagan have turned this country over to corporations, special interests and lobbyists...lock stock and barrel...

There will never be ANY health care reform that benefits anyone but corporations if Republicans gain power...

3362000337_5ff0e0802d.jpg

I thought I would post this to show that these young people make sacrifices that some can only imagine and that by doing so, they honor everyone.

PLYMCO_PILGRIM said:

I look at it as being a critical situation that the private sector has failed to adequately and equitably manage, and since health care affects every single American, it's time the government steps in.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pfDzyvGwb0[/ame]

I think it's very important that young women see that they have the capability to do things through the actions of their peers. When I was in the Navy I never had the high privledge of flying with any female aviators and to be frank with you it would not have mattered to me if they were female, as long as they were capable and dedicated to their craft. I tried over the years to teach my own daughter the same principles that a person can do whatever they choose as long as they dedicate themselves to it. While not to happy about her political choice *laughs* as she is a die hard democrat and I blame her mother for that, I am very proud that she is a licensed pilot, and also a very dedicated student. The bottom line of this thread is to show young people that it does not matter who you are or where you come from or what you believe as long as you dedicate yourself and do the hard work you too can be whatever you wish and never let others tell you that you cannot, becaues if you want something bad enough there is always a way.

Forum List

Back