Nevada’s 14.4 Percent Unemployment Tops Nation; Has More Than Tripled from 4.4 Percen

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
How's that hope and change going for ya?

Nevada’s unemployment rate of 14.4 percent is the highest for any state in the nation, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That is more than triple the 4.4 percent unemployment rate Nevada experienced in November 2006 when Congress faced its last mid-term election and Democrats took control of both houses of Congress from Republicans.
Sen. Harry Reid (D.-Nev.) became Senate majority leader in January 2007, following his party’s victory in the November 2006 election.

The national unemployment rate was 5.4 percent at the time of the midterm election in November 2006. The BLS announced this morning that in September of this year, the national unemployment rate was 9.6 percent, holding steady from 9.6 percent in August. (BLS’s most recent state-by-state unemployment rates are for August of this year. The agency says it plans to release September’s state-by-state unemployment rates on Oct. 22.)

Nevada’s 14.4 percent unemployment rate for August 2010 was the highest single monthly unemployment rate Nevada has experienced in the 34 years since 1976, the first year for which state unemployment rates are posted on the BLS website.

Nevada?s 14.4 Percent Unemployment Tops Nation; Has More Than Tripled from 4.4 Percent at Time of 2006 Midterm Election | CNSnews.com

Liberals WHINE that Obama has only has two years, but DEMOCRATS HAVE HAD FOUR YEARS. They have done had AWFUL job. And yet, liberals tell us Reid is a shoe-in?

LOL!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What? You mean a state that relies heavily upon tourism and people going to Las Vegas has a high unemployment rate after going through a recession? Get out of town!

What? You mean a state that relies heavily upon tourism and people going to Las Vegas has a high unemployment rate after going through a recession? Get out of town!

What you mean that recession just "HAPPENED???"

Democrats were just "innocent bystanders????"

Obama telling CEOs they can't fly their private jets to Vegas had nothing to with it????

Democrat politicies like spending our kids' kids' kids' money is just collateral damage???????

Gee what a coincidence all that happened at the same time uemployment started to tank.

You should see what it is in Ohio.

I guess that's a coincidence too.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama telling CEOs they can't fly their private jets to Vegas had nothing to with it????

Democrat politicies like spending our kids' kids' kids' money is just collateral damage???????

Gee what a coincidence all that happened at the same time uemployment started to tank.

Last I checked, it was both party policies that are spending taxpayer money like there is no tomorrow.

If you seriously think Obama saying CEOs shouldn't fly to Vegas to spend on the company dime when they're having massive employee layoffs is the cause for Vegas's problems then you are just trolling. Because nobody can be that stupid. Or if you are, you should not be allowed near sharp objects.

The Democrats don't have the market cornered when it comes to spending money wildly in Washington, DC. The Republicans are equally just as bad. Both parties should be ashamed of themselves for the really crappy job they have been doing in Congress. I hope everybody will remember the very low approval rating that members of Congress have when they go to the polls to vote in November and vote accordingly. This President hasn't done anything to help the economy either. At the present time, business doesn't know how much it is going to be taxed starting in January, don't know what they are going to be required to pay out because of the passage of the Health Care Reform nonsense, and don't have any indication of where the economy is really going. Is there no wonder why companies are not spending money and hiring people? Our present administration is hurting the economy picture more then they are helping it.

Last I checked, it was both party policies that are spending taxpayer money like there is no tomorrow.

If you seriously think Obama saying CEOs shouldn't fly to Vegas to spend on the company dime when they're having massive employee layoffs is the cause for Vegas's problems then you are just trolling. Because nobody can be that stupid. Or if you are, you should not be allowed near sharp objects.

Last time I checked, when liberals can't defend their own, they say "they all do it or did it."

At LEAST you aren't screaming BUSH did it! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And it's real funny that's unemployment seemed to coincide with Obama and the Democrat's statements AND POLICIES.

Yeah it's a real coincidence.

I guess "only the stupid" would notice it. Oh, AND THAT WOULD BE THE VOTERS, GENIUS!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
For me, this will be a telling election. Either NV will go with Reid and entitlements as a way out of the current pain, or they will toss him aside and reach for hope of a better tomorrow with a new leader.

Why use the '06 midterm as a baseline to measure the current situation? I guess the folks who like to relax, see some shows, have a fine dinning experience, and gamble just can't afford it after the Bush regime left us in the shitter.

For me, this will be a telling election. Either NV will go with Reid and entitlements as a way out of the current pain, or they will toss him aside and reach for hope of a better tomorrow with a new leader.

Aside from contracting out prison management to Scientologists, what exactly is her plan?

Why use the '06 midterm as a baseline to measure the current situation? I guess the folks who like to relax, see some shows, have a fine dinning experience, and gamble just can't afford it after the Bush regime left us in the shitter.

Yeah, keep telling everyone it's all Bush's fault and the Democrats are just innocent wittle victims. You keep that up. It's working sooooooooo well with the voters!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, keep telling everyone it's all Bush's fault and the Democrats are just innocent wittle victims. You keep that up. It's working sooooooooo well with the voters!

Now now TPS they were instructed to not talk about achievments.

The Democrat Congress in 2007 marked the beginning of "the shitter."

That will get fixed in a few weeks here.

Nice drive by hand waving. Are you claiming that unregulated derivative trading of subprime mortgages, by investment banks, didn't begin until the end of January 2007?

I find it a little sick that anyone could laugh at an employment rate of 14.4% - that statistic isn't a number... it's people. Real people... who must be struggling really badly. And the OP seems to take great delight in it... because it's a stick with which to beat the Democrats. Personally, while I'll happily mock Obama from here to doomsday, I find it uncomfortable that we use the plight of other Americans to do so.

Nice drive by hand waving. Are you claiming that unregulated derivative trading of subprime mortgages, by investment banks, didn't begin until the end of January 2007?

You mean trading paper of government backed, worthless mortgages government demanded banks make to unqualified buyers?

Is that "unregulated?"

I am sure it helped when Obama told us all we should not go waste our money in Vegas :)

Sharron Angle should be playing those speeches by that jackass over and over again.

Last edited:

Are you claiming Democrats had nothing to do with that at all?

LOL

Please

Are you claiming Democrats had nothing to do with that at all?

LOL

Please

Government meddling with the housing market.

Same thing will happen with health care.

Subprime health insurance...priced out of this world and worthless.

Keep telling yourself that the recession that began over a year before Obama took office, and was the direct result of reckless unregulated derivative trading, was Obama's fault. Better yet, you ought to don some tin foil and blame it on black people, like those who claim the CDA was the direct cause.

Forum List

Back