Nevada to join National Popular Vote compact

The Electoral College is outdated and needs to be changed.

Constitutional amendment introduced to abolish the Electoral College

I disagree. I think it does exactly what it was designed to do.

Go against the will of the voters?

When has it ever done that?

Baby Bush and tRump BOTH lost the popular vote.

And both won the Electoral College. Something Clinton and Gore couldn’t figure out. Clinton wouldn’t campaign in Wisconsin or Michigan after her team told her to and Gore couldn’t win his own home state.

Interesting that you bring up Wisconsin and Michigan in an Electrical College thread.

Know who those states voted for? Nobody. Literally nobody could muster as much as 50% of the state's vote.
Same thing happened in my state here. And in Pennsylvania. And Florida. And Utah and Colorado and Virginia and AridZona.

And yet --- every one of those states, with nobody getting even 50%, went ahead and cast 100% of their EVs to a candidate that (like Gore) could not win that state.

What a great system. (<<< SARCASM)

I disagree. I think it does exactly what it was designed to do.

And both won the Electoral College. Something Clinton and Gore couldn’t figure out. Clinton wouldn’t campaign in Wisconsin or Michigan after her team told her to and Gore couldn’t win his own home state.

Interesting that you bring up Wisconsin and Michigan in an Electrical College thread.

Know who those states voted for? Nobody. Literally nobody could muster as much as 50% of the state's vote.
Same thing happened in my state here. And in Pennsylvania. And Florida. And Utah and Colorado and Virginia and AridZona.

And yet --- every one of those states, with nobody getting even 50%, went ahead and cast 100% of their EVs to a candidate that (like Gore) could not win that state.

Clinton didn't a majority of votes either. I believe the Electoral College should go by percentage in each state.

The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

Nevada Senate passes National Popular Vote bill on party-line vote

That’s 2 new states in less than 2 months. The NPV keeps chugging along.
OH, LOOK. UNLIKE THE COLORADO GOVERNOR, THIS ONE DIDN’T DECIDE TO BETRAY THE CONSTITUTION HE SWORE TO UPHOLD: Nevada Governor Vetoes Popular Vote Bill.

The Nevada Senate approved Tuesday a National Popular Vote bill on a party-line vote, sending the legislation aimed at upending the Electoral College to the governor.

Assembly Bill 186, which passed the Senateon a 12-8 vote, would bring Nevada into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement between participating states to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If signed as expected by Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak, Nevada would become the 16th jurisdiction to join the compact, along with 14 states and the District of Columbia. The compact would take effect after states totaling 270 electoral votes, and with Nevada, the total would reach 195.

Nevada Senate passes National Popular Vote bill on party-line vote

That’s 2 new states in less than 2 months. The NPV keeps chugging along.
OH, LOOK. UNLIKE THE COLORADO GOVERNOR, THIS ONE DIDN’T DECIDE TO BETRAY THE CONSTITUTION HE SWORE TO UPHOLD: Nevada Governor Vetoes Popular Vote Bill.

"Betray the Constitution"?

How would that work?

Ever actually read the Colorado Constitution?
Ever read the key hat says "Caps lock"?

Clinton didn't a majority of votes either. I believe the Electoral College should go by percentage in each state.

Please see this post for more on that.

I think you'll like it.

Forum List

Back