Nevada Marijuana Initiative

Originally posted by menewa
Sad thing is. Even if the initiative did make the ballot and actuallu passed. John Ashcroft would sweep down from the sky in his chariot of fire and burn up all the weed before any got a chance to use it. This guy hates states' rights. Remember when he ordered that raid against the people in California a couple years ago for growing medicinal marijuana.

don't get me going on the medicinal MJ bullshit. If anything, that is what is blocking full legalization. How can you prescribe something that has not gone through FDA approval? You can't. MJ deserves no special rights. A bunch of fucking idiots got together and started pushing for the legalization of MJ for medicinal purposes as a way to skirt the law. It has done nothing but backfire and it stands in the way of us getting real legalization passed.

The AG hasn't stopped the distribution of MJ in states like WA, NV, etc. that have legalized medical MJ. They went after Cali cuz the guy pushed the law and had something like a 100,000 square foot grow room for his small little shop. Yeah, like those folks were gonna smoke all that weed!

Originally posted by freeandfun1
don't get me going on the medicinal MJ bullshit. If anything, that is what is blocking full legalization. How can you prescribe something that has not gone through FDA approval? You can't. MJ deserves no special rights. A bunch of fucking idiots got together and started pushing for the legalization of MJ for medicinal purposes as a way to skirt the law. It has done nothing but backfire and it stands in the way of us getting real legalization passed.

I thought they were pushing for the medicinal use of ganja to help people that have cancer and glaucoma. I know it could also be used as a spring board to finally allow decriminilization, but the medicinal benefits are very important to some ill people.

It really makes no sense why it hasn't always been available for medicinal purposes. For instance, opium is illegal, yet there are a plethora of opiate based drugs on the market (codine, morphine, etc.) So why the special prejudice against the world's most advanced plant species?

they are and in most instances, the feds HAVE NOT intervened. The problem is that some are pushing the law and that is causing a backlash. The initiative in Nevada is the right way to go about it. The only problem is the stoners couldn't seem to get their act together no matter how much money Soros threw at it!

Forum List

Back