Nevada Marijuana Initiative

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Looks like the initiative to get up to 1 oz of MJ legalized in Nevada is not going to make it on the ballot this election cycle. There were some problems with the petitions (the stoners that collected the names forgot to turn in a boatload of em and tried to turn them in late - too late - didn't work).

As a pot smoker, I supported the initiative in 2000 but not this time around. My main reason for not supporting it was because it really was not a grass roots effort. The driving force behind the initiative was George Soros and I don't want some carpetbagger coming into my state and trying to get things done in this matter. If the people of Nevada want pot legalized, then let the people of Nevada drive the process to get it done.

AHHAAAHAHAAAh. They forgot to turn them in! TYPICAL.

Grassroots effort? :clap1:

picked up on that a loooong time ago myself.

HomeGrownKit
HomeGrowKit
HydroGrowKit

Lots of choices!

Originally posted by HGROKIT
You are right said. HOG ROKIT wouldn't fit on my plate. These two know that. They are just bustin' my chops.

Does this mean you don't grow your own weed? Would you be opposed to those who do? :D

Originally posted by freeandfun1

As a pot smoker, I supported the initiative in 2000 but not this time around. My main reason for not supporting it was because it really was not a grass roots effort. The driving force behind the initiative was George Soros and I don't want some carpetbagger coming into my state and trying to get things done in this matter. If the people of Nevada want pot legalized, then let the people of Nevada drive the process to get it done.

I would think that as an advocate you would want it legalized, period.

The laws prohibiting use of marijuana are arcane and just plain stupid.

Originally posted by nycflasher
I would think that as an advocate you would want it legalized, period.

The laws prohibiting use of marijuana are arcane and just plain stupid.

i would like it legalized, but if the citizens are against it, i have no problem keeping things the way they are. frankly, once it is legalized, you will likely have to register to buy it and fuck that. plus, again, i don't like outsiders affecting local issues.

i would like it legalized, but if the citizens are against it, i have no problem keeping things the way they are. frankly, once it is legalized, you will likely have to register to buy it and fuck that. plus, again, i don't like outsiders affecting local issues.

IMO, if someone wants to come into my state to legalize marijuana I'll buy them a bus ticket!

But, to each their own I get what you're saying.:thup:

Only users lose drugs.

Originally posted by nycflasher
IMO, if someone wants to come into my state to legalize marijuana I'll buy them a bus ticket!

But, to each their own I get what you're saying.:thup:

Only users lose drugs.

thanks for understanding my position.

I feel that local laws should really be decided by the local residents. Remember, all politics are local. The problem is that if you start letting outsiders come in for one cause, you have to let them all come in. The next thing you know, you are called California, err, I mean, the next thing you know, your local laws are being decided by those that don't have to live with them. I think the residents are better at deciding what is best for their community.

thanks for understanding my position.

I feel that local laws should really be decided by the local residents. Remember, all politics are local. The problem is that if you start letting outsiders come in for one cause, you have to let them all come in. The next thing you know, you are called California, err, I mean, the next thing you know, your local laws are being decided by those that don't have to live with them. I think the residents are better at deciding what is best for their community.

Good point.

frankly, once it is legalized, you will likely have to register to buy it and fuck that.

I could see that for growers, sellers and medicinal users. Aside from taking your name or showing ID (which I guess is the same as registering), what need would there be for registering your purchase of weed?

Originally posted by Said1
I could see that for growers, sellers and medicinal users. Aside from taking your name or showing ID (which I guess is the same as registering), what need would there be for registering your purchase of weed?

Yeah, what's that register crap?

Anyways, I'd take that over imprisonment for growing, smoking or selling it.

Sad thing is. Even if the initiative did make the ballot and actuallu passed. John Ashcroft would sweep down from the sky in his chariot of fire and burn up all the weed before any got a chance to use it. This guy hates states' rights. Remember when he ordered that raid against the people in California a couple years ago for growing medicinal marijuana.

Forum List

Back