Neuschwanstein from a paraglider

very ornate. I have some pictures of the grounds. They don't let you take pictures inside the castle itself.
Thanks for saying very ornate. I'd forgotten that one. The grounds were amazing on the fabulous residence we saw. Oh, wait, there was a queen's room mentioned, and the way they were talking, Ludwig made his unfortunate end young and unmarried. So, I'm not sure. We were taken around to so many beautiful places when we were there. The company that arranged our trip started in 1862 and built tailoring equipment. They were very good to hardworking businesses, even if your shop was small and in a remote community. We saw the best of the best things in Germany, plus a boat trip down the Rhine that defies description it was so amazing. We saw a vinyard built on the steepest grade in the high hills above the Rhine in one area. They utilized every inch of space like nothing I've ever seen.

But that trip to Bavaria and Neuschwanstein was the very best, not to mention the black forest cake at a bakery/cafe on the trip up. There was a train trip, Hofbrau Haus, and a restaurant where they sang German folk songs in English so we could understand them. One night we saw ledernhosen dancers (?). Day trips included shopping at Karlsruhe, a church in which every wall was covered with the most amazing relief wooden sculptures everywhere and a clock shop and gift store in an Alpine village. The old world architecture was totally amazing. I have no idea how people could weather a world war and still fixed and replaced everything that was destroyed in a better way than it was before. The only thing I didn't like was seeing white asparagus growing out in fields. There, it is regarded as a delicacy. Here, when I cut asparagus to lightly cook it, the light stuff is always tough and goes to the recycle bin. However, I never saw such well-cared-for crops as we passed seen from our tour bus on the autobahn.

/memory lane

where you in Oberammergau? That is a unique alpine villlage with lots of quaint shops near the castle region. here is a link to linderhof. Schloss Linderhof - inside Linderhof Palace We still don't have power at home so i can't post my pics yet

tn924.jpg

tn921.jpg

tn926.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back