Netherlands

Blashyrkh said:
Yeah, but 'noellie' can also have a positive meaning :)

Yup - and you are positively banned for 48 hours. Normally the first banning would only be for 24, but I figured you earned a bonus.

Next time you want to see if a moderator is bluffing when he warns you, I'd suggest you try someone besides me.

Merlin1047 said:
Yup - and you are positively banned for 48 hours. Normally the first banning would only be for 24, but I figured you earned a bonus.

Next time you want to see if a moderator is bluffing when he warns you, I'd suggest you try someone besides me.

I just KNEW that was coming! :laugh:

I found it amusing (not) how on the one hand, he loved to promote how the Dutch played a major role in the early development of the US and on the other hand, deride America for things that occurred during those same development times. He loves to overlook the dubious past of the Dutch.

Reading this I got the idea the Dutch poster was ganged up on. After all he/she wasn't the one who brought up slavery. The post started out as a question about prostitution and drugs.

By the way as far as prostitution is concerned why not legalize it??? At least then the cops wouldn't spend so much time trying to catch people "in the act of solicitation". They could also require the women to get checked for STDs. Not a bad idea.

Trigg said:
Reading this I got the idea the Dutch poster was ganged up on. After all he/she wasn't the one who brought up slavery. The post started out as a question about prostitution and drugs.

By the way as far as prostitution is concerned why not legalize it??? At least then the cops wouldn't spend so much time trying to catch people "in the act of solicitation". They could also require the women to get checked for STDs. Not a bad idea.

the dutch poster brought up slavery in reference to the civl war

the us will never go for legalized prosititution......we can't even show a boob during the superbowl there is no way you would ever get anyone to agree to let you pay a fin to get a hummer at half time

manu1959 said:
the dutch poster brought up slavery in reference to the civl war

the us will never go for legalized prosititution......we can't even show a boob during the superbowl there is no way you would ever get anyone to agree to let you pay a fin to get a hummer at half time

Actually Comrad brought it up at the bottom of his post on the second page. From there the thread kind of got lost in a slavery argument.

Your right prostitution will probably never be legalized in the US, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. After all it isn't going anywhere, oldest profession and everything, so why not legalized it and tax it???

Trigg said:
Actually Comrad brought it up at the bottom of his post on the second page. From there the thread kind of got lost in a slavery argument.

Your right prostitution will probably never be legalized in the US, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. After all it isn't going anywhere, oldest profession and everything, so why not legalized it and tax it???

:whip: i thought it went awry at post 19 :whip:

well...for myself, I like really anot the Netherlands, the Dutch are probably the most loved people in Europe, and in France lot of people like them too.
For the debate about drugs and prostitution, all was said before this message. Not junkies in every streets or houses, and more security more prostitution (not prostitutes in each street's corner) : more liberty lead here to less problems. it like in Germany : they have no speed limits on the highways, but they've all the same less accidents than in France, where there is speed limits.

and there is a long common history between France and Netherlands..too many wars, but at least we go out as friends (don't know if you think than me, but I hope ;) )

Now....

Granted, this article is discussing the Netherland Antilles, but any quick search will show you that the government did not end slavery in all Dutch lands until 1863.

I know that in 1814 The King of the Netherlands officially terminates OFFICIAL Dutch government participation in the African slave trade, but until 1863 it was legal for Dutch citizens to own and trade slaves.

Also, I like how you so easily gloss over the centuries that your country was the largest slave trading nation in the world. You easily forget the Dutch West India Company and their more than two centuries of slave trading.

The US became a nation in 1776, less than 100 years later, we ended slavery. The Netherlands began trading slaves around 1630 and private ownership and trading of slaves continued until 1863. That is more than 200 years - twice as long as the USA
You have some balls don't ya?

red sentence : bullshit : France is a nation since 496, and abolished slavery in 1789, and in the colonies in 1848. So, about 1300-1350 after the creation of the State. So, (the US time) x (13) - or 13.5 - ...It means nothing. According to all, France os the country of the Human rights. Same thing for England. Long time from the creatrio of the State - 1066 - to the abolition Same thing for Germany......

In fact, the abolition of slavery begin for all the countries, or not far, dunring the end of the XVIIIth c., and continue during the XIXth (except Russia...). So, normal for the USA to abolished slavery during this time.
And, you can also say that : USA claimed the egality of the Human beeings in 1776, and abolished slaevry only in 1862 ? Is there not a problem here ? France did it while the Declaration of the Human Rights, 1789.
Nevermind.

If we also play "who abolish faster the slavery", we all lose, because all the nations, all the countries created during the XXth century never knew slavery.... ;)

So, it's a lose of time to say that. USA abolished slavery during a period, in which everybody was doing that.

Well they usually call German Nazis. And they believe most
Germans are some fashist up to no good people.

I know so from visiting Holland.

Most Germans do not have a bad oppinion about the Dutch but
most Dutch I met in Germany had some kind of an attitude.

In France their still might be some bad feelings about Germans
from WW2 its mostly older folks. In general I got treated ok there.
Even in Paris :laugh:

But from all my travels in Europe Dutch people where most likely
to call me a Nazi without provocation on the street.

The Polish dont like Germans either, but they got screwed alot worse
in WW2 and many Germans are racist towards them so I dont blame them.

WILL WILDERS WIN?
The Dutch go to the polls.
March 15, 2017

Bruce Bawer

geert_wilders_op_prinsjesdag_2014.jpg

Here's one perverse consequence of Europe's insane immigration policies: international election campaigns. Case in point: there are now so many Pakistanis who hold Norwegian citizenship (and collect Norwegian benefits) but who spend most of their time in Pakistan (where they can live like kings on those benefits) that Norwegian politician now routinely travel to Pakistan – this is not a joke – to campaign in a part of the that has come to be known as “Little Norway.” But it works the other way, too. So many Turks live in the Netherlands that President Tayyip Ergodan, in advance of a forthcoming referendum on expanding his powers, sent some of his flunkies to Rotterdam the other day to court votes. To the surprise of many, however, the normally docile Dutch government pushed back: it banned a scheduled pro-Erdogan rally, expelled one Turkish cabinet minister, and denied entry to another.

The other key player here, of course, is Geert Wilders's Party for Freedom (PVV), which, after getting 15 percent of the vote in 2012 (making it the fifth largest party in parliament), is now more or less tied in the polls with the VVD. Wilders owes this boost in popularity mostly to concern about Muslim immigration – a concern that has spiked in the wake of the so-called Syrian refugee crisis and the recent terrorist atrocities in Paris, Nice, Munich, Brussels, and elsewhere. Of all the parties, only PVV has promise radical action to undo the disastrous changes inflicted upon the Dutch people by their leaders' preposterous immigration policies.

Will Wilders Win?

Forum List

Back