Netflix through the Wii: Awesome

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
RadiomanATL seal of approval.

Just subscribed last night through our Wii console. I was a little wary, thinking that no way that a movie could stream seamlessly with good quality. I always thought that it would be like youtube....*buffering*....*buffering*.....

But it's great. Backing up and fast forwarding takes a second, but thats a small price to pay. No more rentals for us at the ATL household.

I am fucking sick and tired of new technology. I refuse -- refuse! -- to buy a DVD player until I master the clock on my VCR.

BTW, streaming through the Wii seems a tad creepy to me, Radioman. How do you know they can't see you whilst you see them?

Just subscribed last night through our Wii console. I was a little wary, thinking that no way that a movie could stream seamlessly with good quality. I always thought that it would be like youtube....*buffering*....*buffering*.....

But it's great. Backing up and fast forwarding takes a second, but thats a small price to pay. No more rentals for us at the ATL household.

A great example of why Netflix has dominated, leaving Blockbuster and Hollywood video in the dust. They also have it for PS3, far more cheaper than it would be for a video store. I always like watching movies on it as well, I actually find the PS3 controller to be better than a remote. :lol:

A great example of why Netflix has dominated, leaving Blockbuster and Hollywood video in the dust. They also have it for PS3, far more cheaper than it would be for a video store. I always like watching movies on it as well, I actually find the PS3 controller to be better than a remote. :lol:

I knew that the brick and mortar stores were going away 2-1/2 years ago when the redboxes started popping up.

I am fucking sick and tired of new technology. I refuse -- refuse! -- to buy a DVD player until I master the clock on my VCR.

BTW, streaming through the Wii seems a tad creepy to me, Radioman. How do you know they can't see you whilst you see them?

Console technology has pretty much become mini computers, so it works basically as if Radio got Netflix for his computer and watched movies on that.

If you get the necessary adapter (it's no more than $20 online if I remember correctly), you can also have your computer that you've plugged into your TV show up on the TV screen and watch movies that are on full screen on your computer on your television. It's pretty cool I'd have to say.

I knew that the brick and mortar stores were going away 2-1/2 years ago when the redboxes started popping up.

Yeah, I have one of those near my house and whenever I pass it there are always people at it. It was inevitable in my opinion when Netflix really got going that it would one day kill the brick and mortar stores. What may of taken a couple of more years was speeded along thanks to the recession.

When we were up at the ranch, and the nearest video rental place was at LEAST 20 miles away, we got started using it.

Then we moved to Austin, where everything was just around the corner, and we dropped our subscription.

But, THEN, we moved to a little town of about 15,000, AND began to depend on our computers for pretty much ALL of our entertainment,

so we've REsubscribed.

I LURVE it! We can get 2 DVD's at a time, of the Just Released stuff, Delivered To Our DOOR, AND watch a WIDE variety of movies and TV shows at the Netflix site.

We also use Hulu, which is totally free, but the $15/mo we spend on NF is well worth the cost!

When we were up at the ranch, and the nearest video rental place was at LEAST 20 miles away, we got started using it.

Then we moved to Austin, where everything was just around the corner, and we dropped our subscription.

But, THEN, we moved to a little town of about 15,000, AND began to depend on our computers for pretty much ALL of our entertainment,

so we've REsubscribed.

I LURVE it! We can get 2 DVD's at a time, of the Just Released stuff, Delivered To Our DOOR, AND watch a WIDE variety of movies and TV shows at the Netflix site.

We also use Hulu, which is totally free, but the $15/mo we spend on NF is well worth the cost!

$15?

We spend $9.

Forum List

Back