Netflix The Punisher

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I am on episode 7. So far...its AWESOME. Anyone else watching it? I didn't think I would like it cuz Shane from The Walking Dead stars in it...but he is doing a bang up job..literally and physically!!

I was going to start watching it tonight, but may hold off until tomorrow. The Punisher was great in the second season of Daredevil.

Trust me..its REALLY GOOD. I mean..REALLY.

I am now on episode 8. I am going to dread getting to epi 13. Then I will have to wait another year for season 2. :(

I am on episode 7. So far...its AWESOME. Anyone else watching it? I didn't think I would like it cuz Shane from The Walking Dead stars in it...but he is doing a bang up job..literally and physically!!

While I like it, it hasn’t lived up to the hype. It is good not great. I had high expectations because of DD season 2. I would put it above Luke Cage and the Defenders, but under Jesica Jones, DD and Agents of Shield.

If you are ranking Marvel TV:
Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Agents of Shield
Punisher
Luke Cage
——under this line is garbage————-
Defenders (it was too Iron Fist centered and Iron Fist and the whole Hand story sucks)
Iron Fist (they should kill off Danny Rand and make the Asian Chick the Iron Fist. She was the only bright spot in a shit show)
Inhumans (as awful as Iron Fist was, this was worse. I only made it through 1/2 of the first episode)

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

On average, how many people are killed per episode?

Depends on the episode, but too many to count! It is pretty violent.

While I liked it, I can’t say it is great. The story was too much about his personal vendetta (that was already done in DD). It should have been his one man war on crime.

We saw the first episode just this weekend. I liked it.

On average, how many people are killed per episode?

Depends on the episode, but too many to count! It is pretty violent.

While I liked it, I can’t say it is great. The story was too much about his personal vendetta (that was already done in DD). It should have been his one man war on crime.

I am tired of the wanton killing in Hollywood movies. We watched the Accountant with Ben Affleck this weekend. He must have murdered 20 people. Just too much violence.

While I like it, it hasn’t lived up to the hype. It is good not great. I had high expectations because of DD season 2. I would put it above Luke Cage and the Defenders, but under Jesica Jones, DD and Agents of Shield.

Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Agents of Shield
Punisher
Luke Cage
Defenders (it was too Iron Fist centered and Iron Fist and the whole Hand story sucks)
Iron Fist (they should kill off Danny Rand and make the Asian Chick the Iron Fist. She was the only bright spot in a shit show)
Inhumans (as awful as Iron Fist was, this was worse. I only made it through 1/2 of the first episode)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?! Everything Netflix has done with Marvel has been much better than that show.

The Punisher was very good. I thought JJ and DD were better, but Punisher was still well worth watching. Fans of the character might not like the more personal nature of his actions, and the humanization of the character, but I think they were necessary for a good show; The Punisher as a nearly mindless killer of criminals would not make for a compelling show. I recommend watching.

Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Agents of Shield
Punisher
Luke Cage

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?! Everything Netflix has done with Marvel has been much better than that show.

I beg to differ. Ironfist was awful and Defenders, since it centered so much around Ironfist, wasn’t much better.

Agents of Shield isn’t perfect and it get bogged down the constraints of network TV, but it is pretty good.

The Punisher was very good. I thought JJ and DD were better, but Punisher was still well worth watching. Fans of the character might not like the more personal nature of his actions, and the humanization of the character, but I think they were necessary for a good show; The Punisher as a nearly mindless killer of criminals would not make for a compelling show. I recommend watching.

Absolutely it would make good show to make him a calculated killer of criminals!

Absolutely it would make good show to make him a calculated killer of criminals!

A good show requires some character depth. The Punisher in the comics is often portrayed with little of that. It can work in comics, but a TV show is a different format and the main character needs more personality. Keep in mind, a TV show cannot just play for fans of the comic and be successful. It needs to be able to draw a wider audience than that. This was certainly a different take than the comics, and they probably could have been a bit closer to the comic character, but too direct a translation would not work well IMO.

Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Agents of Shield
Punisher
Luke Cage

I beg to differ. Ironfist was awful and Defenders, since it centered so much around Ironfist, wasn’t much better.

Agents of Shield isn’t perfect and it get bogged down the constraints of network TV, but it is pretty good.

AoS is, at best, an average show. The only reason I still watch it is because of the comic book base. It's perhaps slightly better than the CW shows. Iron Fist definitely had issues, but was still a better show. Current comic book shows I'd rank higher than AoS include all of the Netflix shows, The Walking Dead, Outcast, The Tick, iZombie, Lucifer, Preacher, and Legion. AoS is on a similar level as Fear the Walking Dead (which I might rank a bit about AoS, FTWD has improved), Gotham, and The Gifted. As I said, I'll put AoS above the CW shows, none of which I bother to watch at this point.

Just sticking with Marvel shows, I'd go with this order:

Jessica Jones
Daredevil
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Defenders
Legion
Iron Fist
The Gifted
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Inhumans

I intentionally left a gap before Inhumans, because that was just garbage. :p

Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Agents of Shield
Punisher
Luke Cage

AoS is, at best, an average show. The only reason I still watch it is because of the comic book base. It's perhaps slightly better than the CW shows. Iron Fist definitely had issues, but was still a better show. Current comic book shows I'd rank higher than AoS include all of the Netflix shows, The Walking Dead, Outcast, The Tick, iZombie, Lucifer, Preacher, and Legion. AoS is on a similar level as Fear the Walking Dead (which I might rank a bit about AoS, FTWD has improved), Gotham, and The Gifted. As I said, I'll put AoS above the CW shows, none of which I bother to watch at this point.

Jessica Jones
Daredevil
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Defenders
Legion
Iron Fist
The Gifted
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Inhumans

Agent of Shield has the prime time TV constraints (fist fighting when you have a gun), but I still think it is pretty good.

Dare Devil
Jessica Jones
Agents of Shield
Punisher
Luke Cage

Jessica Jones
Daredevil
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Defenders
Legion
Iron Fist
The Gifted
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Inhumans

Agent of Shield has the prime time TV constraints (fist fighting when you have a gun), but I still think it is pretty good.

I don't think the writing or acting are impressive in AoS. While it's gotten better since the first season, which was pretty bad, it still hasn't risen to the level of a good show. I keep watching because it's a Marvel show, and occasionally ties into the movie universe, more than because I enjoy it a lot. :p I get the feeling The Gifted will be the same sort of show; just good enough for me to keep watching. Maybe Runaways will turn out good.

Forum List

Back