Netflix - Making A Murderer

New evidence.

'Making a Murderer' fans say this death certificate supports the theory that police framed Steven Avery

"Newly surfaced evidence is being seen as more proof of a potential police conspiracy to frame "Making a Murderer" subject Steven Avery.

A death certificate for Teresa Halbach, which Business Insider confirmed is authentic with the Manitowoc County Register of Deeds, has been released to media as a result of the Freedom of Information Act.

Some news outlets and blogs are using it to support the theory of a police conspiracy to frame Avery, who was convicted for the murder of Halbach.

The theorists point to botched and incorrectly filled-out areas of the certificate as signs that the Manitowoc police department rushed the certificate in order to file murder charges against Avery. At the very least, it serves as an example of the messy investigation surrounding the Halbach murder case.

Here's what the bloggers are pointing out:

1. There's a "no" in response to "Body Found" (Box 5), yet there's a "yes" under "Autopsy Performed" (Box 39).

2. For the immediate cause of death (Box 38a), "undetermined" is written in, and then crossed out.

3. Yet without Halbach's remains and an undertimined cause of death, under manner of death (Box 22), "homicide" is written.

4. The certificate was issued on November 10. The bone fragments only arrived at the Calumet County Coroner on November 9. The remains weren't officially confirmed until January 19."

'Making a Murderer' fans say this death certificate supports the theory that police framed Steven Avery

What those like rightwinger keep forgetting...jurors can only convict someone based exclusively and entirely on only what the prosecution shows.
Jurors cannot base their decision on anything else but what the prosecution states, and how the defense answers those charges.
In saying that, there is no way - no how - not on this planet or any other planet did Steven Avery, or anyone else for that matter, murder Theresa Halbach in the way the prosecution said it happen. However and whoever murdered this woman, did not murder her anywhere on Steven Avery's property, PERIOD. Didn't happen.
I do not know if Avery killed this woman, but what I do know is that there were other suspects who had motive and access to Theresa...and they were all not even questioned. I do know that the evidence on the scene was almost beyond a doubt - at the very least altered if not planted.
Steven Avery and Dassey were convicted of the same crime, where the SAME PROSECUTOR PRESENTED TOTALLY DIFFERENT EVIDENCE AND TOTALLY DIFFERENT METHOD OF DEATH...how the f*ck is that possible??

I could not see how Dassey could be convicted of worse crimes than Avery was charged with

They did not even bring up Dassey's wild, ever changing stories during Avery's trial

But what evidence was there to convict Avery?

Last known person to see her alive
He specifically requested she come to take pictures (lured her to the property)
Her car was found on his property
No evidence of her ever being off the property. No witnesses, no phone calls after seeing Avery.
Avery's blood and sweat were found in the car
The keys to the car were in his room
The charred remains were found 30 feet from his trailer

If I was on the jury, I would have convicted
The conviction of Dassey has been thrown out

"Making a Murderer:" Brendan Dassey's conviction overturned - CNN.com

Dassey, then 16, confessed to authorities that he had assisted his uncle in raping and killing Halbach. He later recanted.
Federal judge William E. Duffin overturned Dassey's conviction based on the way the confession was attained, calling it "so clearly involuntary in a constitutional sense that the court of appeals' decision to the contrary was an unreasonable application of clearly established federal law."
The judge said he didn't believe investigators tried to trick Dassey into confessing but instead misunderstood the constitutional ramifications of telling him that they already knew everything that happened and he would be OK if he told the truth.
"Dassey's confession was, as a practical matter, the entirety of the case against him," the judge wrote.

This is great news. If he was my kin, I would celebrate with him and then tell him to leave the state. Start life elsewhere, but not near Wisconsin.

After watching the documentary I was shocked how they handled Dassey and the lack of adult support with the law for that kid. His family didn't do him any justice and neither did the system.

After watching the documentary I was shocked how they handled Dassey and the lack of adult support with the law for that kid. His family didn't do him any justice and neither did the system.

I watched the entire ten hours expecting a Perry Mason moment proving that Avery didn't do it...that moment never came. Avery is guilty as hell

That Dassey got convicted based on that illegal interrogation and the ridiculous story he told was beyond belief. If the story Dassey told was true, there would be reams of physical evidence to support it....there was none

I watched the entire ten hours expecting a Perry Mason moment proving that Avery didn't do it...that moment never came. Avery is guilty as hell

That Dassey got convicted based on that illegal interrogation and the ridiculous story he told was beyond belief. If the story Dassey told was true, there would be reams of physical evidence to support it....there was none

Most cases, you do not get the Perry Mason moment. That's tv or movie drama. In the OJ trial, we did get it and it was the the glove doesn't fit moment. What it means is one side did not do their homework.

With Avery, one has to look at the circumstances of his second arrest. There was a parade of law enforcement vehicles that converged upon his business. I've been called to gang turf wars in Cali and there were less leo's involved than that. And why did it take so long to catalog all the evidence and yet it was only after two investigators Coburn and Lenz (who were the two being sued in the $36 M wrongful conviction) went back in 6 mths later, that they found the bullet. Investigators scrubbed that place and could not find a bullet? Furthermore, this single bullet was found on the floor in Avery's garage and found in a single test to have Teresa’s DNA. Yet, how does one explain a bullet that theoretically went through Teresa land on the garage floor without leaving a single drop of blood or hair follicle?

Then the topper of all toppers is Coburn and Lenz found the majority of the evidence used in the Avery's trial. Tremendous amounts of conflict of interest and bias here.

Most cases, you do not get the Perry Mason moment. That's tv or movie drama. In the OJ trial, we did get it and it was the the glove doesn't fit moment. What it means is one side did not do their homework.

With Avery, one has to look at the circumstances of his second arrest. There was a parade of law enforcement vehicles that converged upon his business. I've been called to gang turf wars in Cali and there were less leo's involved than that. And why did it take so long to catalog all the evidence and yet it was only after two investigators Coburn and Lenz (who were the two being sued in the $36 M wrongful conviction) went back in 6 mths later, that they found the bullet. Investigators scrubbed that place and could not find a bullet? Furthermore, this single bullet was found on the floor in Avery's garage and found in a single test to have Teresa’s DNA. Yet, how does one explain a bullet that theoretically went through Teresa land on the garage floor without leaving a single drop of blood or hair follicle?

Then the topper of all toppers is Coburn and Lenz found the majority of the evidence used in the Avery's trial. Tremendous amounts of conflict of interest and bias here.

Conflict of interest doesn't negate that Avery was guilty as hell. He specifically asked for this woman to be sent to take pictures and was the last person to see her. I can see planting a speck o blood or some car keys. Planting a vehicle and her remains outside his door is much harder to buy

I think Dassey may have helped to dispose of the body but was in no way involved in the murder. The kid is borderline retarded and was bullied by the interrogators as well as provided with facts about the case

Conflict of interest doesn't negate that Avery was guilty as hell. He specifically asked for this woman to be sent to take pictures and was the last person to see her. I can see planting a speck o blood or some car keys. Planting a vehicle and her remains outside his door is much harder to buy

I think Dassey may have helped to dispose of the body but was in no way involved in the murder. The kid is borderline retarded and was bullied by the interrogators as well as provided with facts about the case

This isn't a case of who committed the crime, but whether justice was served and it wasn't due to the planted evidence and forced confessions. Avery is going to look guilty because the police made him the murderer in order to get rid of his lawsuit and because they didn't like him. Avery was proven innocent the first time and he deserves a chance to prove his innocence again. The first time, the police did not bother to check out the real culprit. They had a vendetta against Avery and it continued with his second trial.

This isn't a case of who committed the crime, but whether justice was served and it wasn't due to the planted evidence and forced confessions. Avery is going to look guilty because the police made him the murderer in order to get rid of his lawsuit and because they didn't like him. Avery was proven innocent the first time and he deserves a chance to prove his innocence again. The first time, the police did not bother to check out the real culprit. They had a vendetta against Avery and it continued with his second trial.
With Avery, Justice was served, a murderer is in prison

Dassey served ten years in prison because he was a minor, mentally challenged and bullied into a false confession

Dassey served ten years in prison because he was a minor, mentally challenged and bullied into a false confession

The fight's not over yet for justice being served as his attorney and innocent project are requesting the appeals ruling be tossed. It would be based on the improper search that was discussed.

Dassey to be released

Free Brendan Dassey on Friday, Wis. judge rules

Forum List

Back