Netflix: Lost In Space

To my surprise I enjoyed the trailer. If my kids were 20 & 25 years younger for sure that would be one we would enjoy together. Seems I was fortunate in never knowing before there was a film remake.

Netflix does not have many old movies....of course that's all about the demand

Have to check it out

I hated the movie remake

Watched the first three episodes last night

A serious take on Lost in Space. Almost nothing like the original series with some touches of nostalgia
Much better than the crappy movie

I tried watching. Couldn't get past the bad acting, the kiddie genre' and a female Dr. Smith.
Blech

My final word on Lost In Space v3.

When it works, which is only occasionally, it works well.

I like the characters far more at the end of Chapter Ten than I did at the beginning. Maureen stopped being a complete anal bitch and Will found a backbone.

Penny is the smartest of all of them.

Dr. Smith is quite angry his genitals were excised. You can tell.

The plotting has logic holes as large as Canada.

Visually, it's damn good.

Grade B. Give them another season to straighten things out.

Note: I hated Star Trek:TNG the first two years, then the writing got pretty good, and I was hooked.

My final word on Lost In Space v3.

When it works, which is only occasionally, it works well.

I like the characters far more at the end of Chapter Ten than I did at the beginning. Maureen stopped being a complete anal bitch and Will found a backbone.

Penny is the smartest of all of them.

Dr. Smith is quite angry his genitals were excised. You can tell.

The plotting has logic holes as large as Canada.

Visually, it's damn good.

Grade B. Give them another season to straighten things out.

Note: I hated Star Trek:TNG the first two years, then the writing got pretty good, and I was hooked.
Agree, sometimes character development takes a while. I hated Breaking Bad the first season and then got hooked.

Lost in Space is targeted at kids and adults who watched the TV show

I got 2 episodes left.
I find myself more intrigued by the mystery of the robots story far more than the human characters.
Despite the cheesy acting I actually enjoy the show.

I got 2 episodes left.
I find myself more intrigued by the mystery of the robots story far more than the human characters.
Despite the cheesy acting I actually enjoy the show.

Robot is like Terminator 2

I liked the old Dr. Smith much better. Because every once in awhile he would do the right thing. Plus the verbal altercations Dr. Smith and the robot got into were classic.

But this new female Dr. Smith is a total psychopath with no endearing qualities, and the robot is just a hulking hunk of metal devoid of personality. ..... :cool:

I liked the old Dr. Smith much better. Because every once in awhile he would do the right thing. Plus the verbal altercations Dr. Smith and the robot got into were classic.

But this new female Dr. Smith is a total psychopath with no endearing qualities, and the robot is just a hulking hunk of metal devoid of personality. ..... :cool:

That does not compute....

Forum List

Back