Netbook

I am too. I sometimes think my body needs more rest than my brain. I've started back on the pills and they barely work anymore. Anything about computers interest me. I absolutely love problem solving and this is the most challenging field there is. As a kid, I used to take things apart to try to figure out how they worked and when I opened my first PC, I was hooked.

My first computer was a TRS-80, COCO III, then I got an Apple IIe, about that time they finally had 286's at a decent price and finally got one of those. I remember the adjustment to programming with 16 colors instead of only 2! Now I am learning how to do 3D graphics for fun. The really odd thing, I actually saw computers becoming this popular back then, and I was so young, read too much Asimov I guess. But the primary reason I got into them, they don't betray you, don't judge, and think with pure logic, well, what passes for thinking with them. Looking at a monitor, imagining all the bits going through the IC's, how the electronic switches are flipped ... damn, I am such a cyber geek.

Nerds! :lol:

No, nerds like Star Trek, geeks like Star Wars and Terminator! :tongue:

My first computer was a TRS-80, COCO III, then I got an Apple IIe, about that time they finally had 286's at a decent price and finally got one of those..

Ahh....the good old trash-80, after which i got (in no particular order)

- the Radio shack color computer, TI-99/4A, sinclair, commodore vic-20, commodore 64, apple IIe, atari 2600, colecovision, intellivision, sega genesis, super nintendo, atari 400, atari 800, powermac 6100, powermac 8500/180, G4, 2.5 GHz dual G5, mac mini, dell latitude 600, latitude 630, and last but not least...samsung netbook 120N.

The samsung netbook might be my fave, as it is very light and portable...

Highly recommended.

Forum List

Back