Netanyahu's red line would be drawn with american blood

Jillian,

I misunderstood your initial post to say that I was a israel hating loon... I was wrong.

I am one of those who feel if we wait for Iran to have a nuke, it will be too late.

Iran's leaders say they want to irradicate Isreal along with the jews, and I take them at their word. I remember Hitler and his threats... he should have been taken seriously.

Why on earth do we sit back and listen to them threaten Isreal in front of the U.N.?
Should there not be consequences to their threats? I feel a bully should be punched right in the mouth... to Hell with waiting to get hit first.

Again though... I am sorry for my off the cuff remark earlier. (Didnt take long for me to realize I was wrong)

not a problem. i always appreciate people who are big enough to say they made a mistake. you're ok in my book.

it is my understanding that the saudis have already given israel permission to use their air space to take out iran's nuclear capability.

it is my understanding that everyone is doing their usual diplomatic dance. i think the policies of the last administration were far more damaging to israel despite professed support.

it is my belief that we can't afford to mount another unnecessary war in the mideast and we need to be less headstrong than the last admin...

we can't reshape the middle east. it isn't going to happen. but no one is going to let iran go nuclear... no matter what the israel haters on the far left and far right say.

as for achmadinejad... no, i don't understand why he's allowed to waste our time in the UN...

but i also don't think we should be drawn into netanyahu's re-election drama... most israelis are more moderate than he is and he's got a rough election ahead of him. he's had to appeal to the furthest right of the israeli political spectrum for support... much like romney, here.

and just because he wants his old buddy in the white house doesn't mean i need to trade every other issue that matters to me.

Saudi denied it as well. So that's not all true

the saudis aren't telling the truth, imo.

but that's not surprising given their own political circumstances.

Go to Hell... :mad:

interestingly, notwithstanding the anti-semitic pieces of trash, the US has never fought for israel. israel has done all of it's own fighting.

but then again, i never put much stock in the assertions of israel hating loons.

Actually, Israel's survival has relied heavily on American aid, especially during the early years of its reconstitution and beyond to the Six-Day War of '67, the Yom Kippur War of '73. With respect to the latter, without the tons of armaments sent by Nixon, well. . . .

monetary aid...which we are still giving.

oh...and i see why you misconstrued what i said. i was answering you and referring to the person you told to go to hell as the anti-semitic trash. not you.

:thup:

Last edited:
not a problem. i always appreciate people who are big enough to say they made a mistake. you're ok in my book.

it is my understanding that the saudis have already given israel permission to use their air space to take out iran's nuclear capability.

it is my understanding that everyone is doing their usual diplomatic dance. i think the policies of the last administration were far more damaging to israel despite professed support.

it is my belief that we can't afford to mount another unnecessary war in the mideast and we need to be less headstrong than the last admin...

we can't reshape the middle east. it isn't going to happen. but no one is going to let iran go nuclear... no matter what the israel haters on the far left and far right say.

as for achmadinejad... no, i don't understand why he's allowed to waste our time in the UN...

but i also don't think we should be drawn into netanyahu's re-election drama... most israelis are more moderate than he is and he's got a rough election ahead of him. he's had to appeal to the furthest right of the israeli political spectrum for support... much like romney, here.

and just because he wants his old buddy in the white house doesn't mean i need to trade every other issue that matters to me.

Saudi denied it as well. So that's not all true

the saudis aren't telling the truth, imo.

but that's not surprising given their own political circumstances.

No they won't lol

Nutanyahoo is a dangerous bully. He wants to be the only kid on the block with nukes. Fuck Nutanyahoo!
The last I heard neither Netanyahu or Israel had threatened to wipe anyone of the map I would be more concerned with the nation that want's nukes who has made that threat than the one who has them and has not. FYI Israel is not the only one on the block who has nukes so does Pakistan.

NETANYAHU'S RED LINE WOULD BE DRAWN WITH AMERICAN BLOOD
============================================

NETANYAHU'S RED LINE WOULD BE DRAWN WITH AMERICAN BLOOD

Those of us who regard as evil
the foreign policies of both Obama and Romney

and those few of us
who have vowed we would not support such evil by voting for either Obama or Romney,

are now being forced by the cliques and claques of Israel
to oppose Romney
whose policy appears to be "Israel, right or wrong",
and to support Obama
whose policy has been an impediment, if not a bar, to a strike on Iran by Israel,
and one that so far has been a bar to such a strike by our own forces
and thereby enlarge and prolong our present wars,

and perhaps lead to another World War,
the result of which
would complete the moral, military, patriotic and financial bankruptcy of America,

while providing China
with substantial, if not near complete control,
of the oil and other raw assets
of both the Mid-East and Central Asia.

Aron Heller (United Nations, September 27, 2012) has said:
"Netanyahu's speech marks perhaps his final plea before Israel takes matters into its own hands."
and I believe Heller is right and that Israel may-will do so if Netanyahu continues to rule Israel's foreign policy,
and, especially, if Romney is elected President.

So, I fear Netanyahu
who would have us draw a red line,
almost certainly with American blood,
and I fear a militant Israel
that shows little concern for America's welfare,
and thus I am forced to regard neither Netanyahu nor Israel as either an American ally or an American friend.

Barring some surprise I shall vote for Obama
and hope for the best.

SHOCKLEY

I guess you missed the memo, Obama agrees with him.

Nutanyahoo is a dangerous bully. He wants to be the only kid on the block with nukes. Fuck Nutanyahoo!
The last I heard neither Netanyahu or Israel had threatened to wipe anyone of the map I would be more concerned with the nation that want's nukes who has made that threat than the one who has them and has not. FYI Israel is not the only one on the block who has nukes so does Pakistan.

Good point ----let's bring on another red line !

interestingly, notwithstanding the anti-semitic pieces of trash, the US has never fought for israel. israel has done all of it's own fighting.

but then again, i never put much stock in the assertions of israel hating loons.

Actually, Israel's survival has relied heavily on American aid, especially during the early years of its reconstitution and beyond to the Six-Day War of '67, the Yom Kippur War of '73. With respect to the latter, without the tons of armaments sent by Nixon, well. . . .

oh...and i see why you misconstrued what i said. i was answering you and referring to the person you told to go to hell as the anti-semitic trash. not you.

That was me... and yes I did.

I am a firey old fart sometimes. :D

Go to Hell... :mad:

jillian, there's a MAJOR difference between hating Israel and having disdain for its hardline government. Personally, I think Israel is a lot more trouble than it's worth - but I don't hate it. I also believe that Israel exists on stolen land.

You crossed that line so long ago I am surprised you remember it exists.

Vanishing the Palestinians

by GHADA KARMI

When the Zionists decided in 1897 to establish a Jewish state in Palestine, the Jews of Vienna despatched a delegation to examine the country for its suitability. The delegation reported back as follows: "the bride is beautiful but she is married to another man". They had found that Palestine to their dismay was already inhabited by another people. And this has been Zionism’s central problem ever since. How to "vanish the Palestinians" and get an empty land? The latest manifestation of this imperative is the barrier wall, which Israel is currently building to separate and enclose Palestinian towns and villages in the lands it occupied after 1967. There are those who rightly point to the wall’s illegality and infringement of human rights. And the International Court of Justice has just affirmed this view resoundingly in its ruling, passed on 9.7.04 by 14 of the 15 judges, that the wall was an illegal structure when in the occupied Palestinian territories and that Israel would have to tear it down and make restitution for the damage it has caused to thousands of Palestinians. This position is entirely valid, but critics, in my view, have missed one crucial aspect of the wall’s purpose, which is, to "vanish" the Palestinians, to make them so invisible that Israelis can go on pretending that there is no "other man".
More: Vanishing the Palestinians » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

A Synopsis of the Israel/Palestine Conflict

The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict

Maps

Israel/Palestine: Refugees and Ethnic Cleansing

Jewish State: What it means & why all the controversy

Terrorism in Israel and Palestine

Religion in the Holy Land

The History of US-Israel Relations

The New Fusion: The Likud And The GOP - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Jordan is not Palestine - Focus - Al Jazeera English

True Torah Jews Against Zionism

A Website for Seekers of Truth

Book review: "Married to Another Man" | The Electronic Intifada

israel has counted on us? some...

in 1948, the arabs were armed by the soviets. the u.s. and britain said they couldn't get involved and didn't sell weapons to the jewish fighters.

in 1948, when the mandate was divided by the british, the high ground, fortresses and defensible positions were given to the arabs.

israel fought it's own battles, fought it's own wars.

it wasn't until daddy bush asked israel to take SCUD missiles without response that an attack went unpunished by israel.

it wasn't until baby bush asked israel to stop defending itself against hezbollah in lebanon that israel could be perceived as weak and beatable.

it wasn't until baby bush de-stabilized the mid-east by deposing saddam hussein and took away the one counterweight to iran that israel was in danger from a potentially nuclear iran.

so what is all this BS that republicans are good for israel?

words are cheap.

Can you post links to the aforementioned allegations?

to which? you don't know the above?

my turn for a question, willow...

how many times have you shown support for israel by going there and spending your tourist dollars?
I've had the pleasure of going once. I love the people and the country. They have a holocaust museum there dedicated to the children who died in the holocaust some say never happened. I will never forget that.

how many times have you shown support for israel by going there and spending your tourist dollars?
I've had the pleasure of going once. I love the people and the country. They have a holocaust museum there dedicated to the children who died in the holocaust some say never happened. I will never forget that.

i've been... it's yad vashem.

i'm going back again in march...assuming there's no war.

i've been... it's yad vashem.

i'm going back again in march...assuming there's no war.

Lucky you. I hope there is no war.

Well up until now Israel always knew they could count on us. After all it is 30 million Jews living among 300 million Arabs who would like to eradicate them. Who would you root for?

in 1948, the arabs were armed by the soviets. the u.s. and britain said they couldn't get involved and didn't sell weapons to the jewish fighters.

in 1948, when the mandate was divided by the british, the high ground, fortresses and defensible positions were given to the arabs.

it wasn't until daddy bush asked israel to take SCUD missiles without response that an attack went unpunished by israel.

it wasn't until baby bush asked israel to stop defending itself against hezbollah in lebanon that israel could be perceived as weak and beatable.

it wasn't until baby bush de-stabilized the mid-east by deposing saddam hussein and took away the one counterweight to iran that israel was in danger from a potentially nuclear iran.

words are cheap.

Almost everything she posted is historical fact. Personally, I think that Iran would be going nuclear even if Saddam was still around, but that is just my opinion.

words are cheap.

Almost everything she posted is historical fact. Personally, I think that Iran would be going nuclear even if Saddam was still around, but that is just my opinion.

My God, Saddam fed live people through woodchippers. He was a mass murderer, surely we won't. Stoop So low as to mourn his passing?

You know this thread just reminded of a recent Obama quote this is not word for word but it was something along the lines of Israel is one of our strongest allies in the region. I can't help but wonder who are our other strong allies in the region?

interestingly, notwithstanding the anti-semitic pieces of trash, the US has never fought for Israel. Israel has done all of it's own fighting.

I didn't misconstrue you at all, assuming you're talking to me. I had no other thought in my head but the idea that Israel has always fought its own wars as you say. That statement is true and good for it, but vital American aid accelerated the build up of a fledgling infrastructure that made it's survival possible, it's ability to stave off it's annihilation with greater confidence, that and the direct providence of God. Isreal had more resources to spend on the elements of war than otherwise.

I love Israel and her people, and wouldn't have it any other way. And I would that America stand behind her with direct military support as well should she need it.

The nuclear threat posed by Iran is not merely the weapons that can fall from the sky, and that threat does not end with Israel.

As for the alleged failings of Republicans. Nonsense. The overwhelming majority of conservatives, the Republican Party, from the rank and file on up to its leadership, adamantly stands behind Israel. The growing anti-Semitism in America is palpable within the Democratic Party, particularly among its hard left. It's rooted in the leftist radicalism of the 1960s, the victimization movement making Israel out to be the bad guy, the interloper, the oppressor of Palestinians. . . .

I first noticed its rise in the 1970s in college. Still a young, naive boy in many ways, my middleclass sensibilities were shocked by the hatred, by this strange and foreign take on the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. It wasn't coming from the conservatives on the campus. We were the folks standing up to it, facing down the smarmy Marxist professors and the un-washed dingbats in Tie-dye.

Hogwash. The peaceful Palestinians living in Israel never had it so good as a result of a people that came in and turned a desert into a paradise.

As for Bush I, he asked the Israelis not to respond in kind in order to avoid a wider war, as his administration rushed Patriot missile systems to that country and sent out dozens of elite groups to hunt down and destroy SCUD missile sites. If you think for a moment Bush's heart didn't bleed over that, you're mistaken. Everyone understood the reason for it, and that was not the beginning of the Arab Muslims in the region thinking that Israel could not or would not fight its own battles. Bullshit. The increasingly precarious situation in which Israel finds herself today goes to the unremitting pressure to make nice with the Palestinians, to concede strategically vital ground, a trend in American policy that Bush II blunted and for which he was roundly criticized throughout his presidency by, you guessed it, the leftist media.

Taking out Hussein was the removal of a tyrant who slaughtered his own people by the bushel full and who actively supported terrorist attacks in Israel. Well, for the time being, that threat no longer exists, and the days of the regime in Iran, rejected by the Iranian people and others abroad, are hopefully numbered.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back