Netanyahu Addresses Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Google, May 24, 2011.

1. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812
    The leader of the only free country in the Middle East, Israel, addressed the US Congress today reinforcing the fact that Israel is dedicated to peace and that they are not foreign occupiers – an argument born in anti-Semitism and used to justify the horrific, inexcusable, terrorist actions of the ‘Palestinian’ people.

Since Obama addressed the nation concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict making the bold announcement that his policy, the policy of the United States, is that any peace proposal must start with the 1967 borders, a demand made by Yasser Arafat; this proposal has been utterly rejected – and this is important to distinguish – not just by Netanyahu, but by Israeli’s legislative body and her people. Netanyahu made it clear that what Obama had proposed was not acceptable and would not happen. In Obama fashion he came out a mere two days later recanting his ill-conceived remarks. I’m sure it was a learning experience for him.

During his address Netanyahu made the poignant observation that Iran has only suspended its’ nuclear program once: during 2003 under fear of military action. He went on to say that during this time Libya gave up nuclear ambitions as well. This was a subtle endorsement of Obama’s predecessor, and certainly a critique of current policy.

Netanyahu is the one out there demanding that Palestine reject HAMAS in order for peace to be achieved, our president has made it clear that he supports this backwards, terrorist organization.

I want to make one more point. I have seen some sickeningly, anti-Semitic posts recently speaking about the horrors of ‘Zionism’. People making insinuations that the ‘Zionists’ have conspiracy-theory control over the US, and it’s that puppet-like control that Israel has used to secure foreign aid. This is usually accompanied by allegations that the friendly fire incident of the USS Liberty over 30 years ago was done intentionally, the Jews killing Americans. These people selectively ignore the facts, facts like the amount of foreign aid given to the Middle East dwarfs that given to Israel (It's All Your Money: Foreign Aid to Muslim/Arab nations - FoxNews.com).

These arguments are the same as David Duke and his ilk, and just like Duke they will make the same argument that they are against the ‘Zionists’ not the Jews. Don’t listen to their hate.

2. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Was he so disgusted that he returned the american checks or is he just doing his best impersonation of american politic style faux outrage?

3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,857
    What a speech. Netanyhu points out that the Hamas charter not only calls for the elimination of Israel but calls for killing Jews anywhere you find them. He claims that Israel will not negotiate with the Palestinian equivlant of Alqueda. It knocks the hell out of the former community activist's "plan" for peace talks. No wonder the coward fled to Ireland.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812
    See, this is what I'm talking about. First of all, Netanyahu was distinguished and statesmanlike in his rebuke of Obama's endorsement of 'Palestinian' demands. Second, this insinuation that Israel unfairly receives ill-gotten money from the US is ignorant hatred. You sir have no point to make.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    I see, so your assumption that I'm ok with other foreign aid was based off of..........

Because on this very board I've said dozens of times no foreign aid should be given to anyone, but then again if you included that aspect you wouldn't be able to jump to such a stupid assumption or do your best impersonation of Jesse Jackson and pull the bigotry card.

6. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,666
    Sorry Drek.... when you speak of foreign aid you always miraculously mention Israel.

7. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Sorry Soggy, when I speak on an Israel thread I miraculously mention Israel.

8. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812
    Listen, I'm not going to go through all of your posts to get the meaning of one reply. Your one reply showed a contempt for Israel and some semblance of animosity towards I believe Fox News perhaps.

9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Only free country in the middle east? You mean Bush failed in bringing democracy to Iraq?

10. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    No, it showed a contempt for fake outrage, if I'm outraged by someone I'm not going to take that person's donations.

I understand how you came to the fox news connection, but I didn't intend to make one, just used the word "faux" to show fake.

Cut all foreign aid, including the aid to Israel.

Obama shouldn't have said anything, by cutting their aid and not getting involved in their border despute we could show that we respect the sovereignty of Israel as a nation.