NetanYahoo is a danger to Israel...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
TV: Israel security heads halted Iran attack alert - Yahoo! News
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's prime minister and defense minister ordered the military to go on alert to prepare to attack Iran's nuclear program two years ago, but backed off following opposition from top security officials, an Israeli news show claims in a report to be aired Monday night.

A pre-broadcast news release from Channel 2's Uvda (Fact) show did not say whether a final decision to attack was made.

However, it says the alert order quickly met opposition from then-military chief Lt. Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi, who warned that Israel's enemies would notice the measure and that in itself might touch off a war.

"This accordion produces music when you play it," the statement quotes him as saying. "This is not something you do if you are not sure you want to end up with a military operation."

The statement also said Meir Dagan, then heading the Mossad spy agency, accused Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak of acting illegally by not seeking formal Cabinet approval.

Netanyahu and Barak "simply tried to steal a decision to go to war," Uvda quotes him as saying.

Last edited:
LOL peeballs is desperate------good point Peeballs----politicians in Israel malign each other just as much
as politicians malign each other in the USA

Off the record, Meir Dagan should REALLY learn to keep his mouth shut when it comes to Iran.

Mossad is no political movement, and never was. in his corrent position he should know when his worlds do nothing but wrong to the Jewish people.

Netanyahu is a danger to Israel.....

I guess on some level I can actually very much agree with that. But from totally different reason

Sure would like to know your reasoning...Mine is simple...Israel agrees to create a two-state solution or better yet a Confederation which alows both states self-government and open trade borders ans security needs....

A big piece of the quest to end Islamic justification for Terrorism...Not all the reasons, and Israel and America should be on the side of History and help the ME continue its march towards Democracy.

Last edited:

I guess on some level I can actually very much agree with that. But from totally different reason

Sure would like to know your reasoning...Mine is simple...Israel agrees to create a two-state solution or better yet a Confederation which alows both states self-government and open trade borders ans security needs....

A big piece of the quest to end Islamic justification for Terrorism...Not all the reasons, and Israel and America should be on the side of History and help the ME continue its march towards Democracy.

Israel agreed to nothing. Leaders may have talked about a Palestinian state in debates, but no general agreement was ever to that, and no clear policy on the subject.

No leader can decide on such a thing without a consensus of the Israeli people. Any decision of giving, or giving up lands, or any step which might change the Israeli-Palestinian status quo in such a drastic manner, must pass an referendum. None of it was made, ever.

My statement comes from the point that Netanyahus domestic policy has brought an undeniable risk to the Israeli people. Settlers who are obligated to leave their homes don't find an answer from the government. The constant war in the south is not dealt with in the Knesset or in the "seventh forum", the Trachtenberg's committe conclusions stated perfectly that a change must be made in the Israeli market, the changes requirted were not made, at least 70% of Holocaust survivors live in poverty, the state stole money from IDF disabled, corruption in the government is still high. in short, non of the Israeli problems were solved in the last few years, but only got worse.

Last edited:

Israel agreed to nothing. Leaders may have talked about a Palestinian state in debates, but no general agreement was ever to that, and no clear policy on the subject.

No leader can decide on such a thing without a consensus of the Israeli people. Any decision of giving, or giving up lands, or any step which might change the Israeli-Palestinian status quo in such a drastic manner, must pass an referendum. None of it was made, ever.

My statement comes from the point that Netanyahus domestic policy has brought an undeniable risk to the Israeli people. Settlers who are obligated to leave their homes don't find an answer from the government. The constant war in the south is not dealt with in the Knesset or in the "seventh forum", the Trachtenberg's committe conclusions stated perfectly that a change must be made in the Israeli market, the changes requirted were not made, at least 70% of Holocaust survivors live in poverty, the state stole money from IDF disabled, corruption in the government is still high. in short, non of the Israeli problems were solved in the last few years, but only got worse.

This is what happens to all Military powers when they get bogged down in long conflicts. Although they keep their external enemies at bay the cost of keeping a war footing bankrupts the economy...It happened to Rome, England, America, and now Israel..

Peace is the only answer...Even America can not pacify this vast region with military power.

Last edited:
At 70 years old, it's time to step down...
:eusa_eh:
Why is Ehud Barak leaving Israeli politics?
November 26, 2012 - Ehud Barak, Israel's defense minister, shocked many with his announcement Monday that he's leaving politics. Barak was seen as a moderating influence in Benjamin Netanyahu's government.
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Monday abruptly announced he was quitting politics, injecting new turmoil into the Israeli political system weeks ahead of general elections. Barak, Israel's most-decorated soldier and one-time prime minister, said he would stay on in his current post until a new government is formed following the Jan. 22 balloting. "I feel I have exhausted my political activity, which had never been an object of desire for me. There are many ways for me to serve the country, not just through politics," he said, adding that his decision was spurred in part by his desire to spend more time with his family.

His resignation could mean the departure of the most moderating influence on hawkish Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who holds a wide lead in polls and is expected to easily win re-election. Barak, who heads a small centrist faction in parliament, often served as Netanyahu's unofficial envoy to Washington to smooth over differences with the Obama White House. His impending departure comes at a key time for Israel, as the nation struggles to find its way in a region where the old order of Arab autocrats has been swept aside by the Arab Spring and the rise of Islamist political parties. Israel also faces a looming decision on whether to attack Iran's nuclear program, which the Jewish state fears is designed to develop atomic weapons — a charge Tehran denies.

Less than a week ago, Barak led an eight-day military offensive against the Hamas militant group that rules the Gaza Strip. The fighting, aimed at ending rocket fire from the Palestinian territory. ended in a fragile truce. "I didn't make this decision (to leave politics) without hesitating, but I made it wholeheartedly," he told a hastily arranged news conference, saying he had been wrestling with the decision for weeks. He evaded repeated questions about whether he might agree to serve as a Cabinet minister in an upcoming government, leaving open the possibility that he might still retain an impact on Israeli politics. While most Cabinet ministers also hold parliamentary seats, they do not have to be elected lawmakers, and such appointments have been made in the past.

Barak, 70, made the surprise announcement even after polls showed his breakaway Independence Party gaining momentum after the Gaza campaign. Despite the bump in the polls, Barak still could have found himself fighting for his political survival once election day rolls around. Surveys before the Gaza operation were unkind to his party, at times showing it polling too weakly to even send a single representative to parliament. "I feel I have exhausted my political activity, which had never been an object of desire for me. There are many ways for me to serve the country, not just through politics," he said, adding that his decision was spurred in part by his desire to spend more time with his family. Possible replacements include Vice Premier Moshe Yaalon, a former military chief, and Shaul Mofaz, a former military chief and defense minister, who now serves as chairman of the opposition Kadima Party.

MORE

Forum List

Back