Net Worth of both McCain and Obama

First, McCain isn't worth that much. His wife is.

Second, the article completely misses the point: Obama's a hypocrite for whining about the amount of Money McCain has because Obama is rich too!

This is the freaking United States of America. When did living life to the best of your ability and providing for yourself and your family become a bad thing?

:lol: You people are just too funny. John McCain and his wife have been married for .... how many years? 28? So I don't give a bigs rats ass if you call that her money or her daddy's money, or the milkmans money! It is their money now! Plain and simple. They might have seperate check books ... it is still THEIR MONEY! Their "net worth"! :lol:

As far as how much money Obama has ... I don't give a bigs rats ass about that either. I could care less. He lives in a bigger house than I have, so what?

I just think it is "interesting" ..... "very interesting" because I knew you would jump on this like a herd of turtles!! :lol:

Martha Washington

Martha fell in love and George found her quite attractive. (That she had a good disposition and inherited wealth were an added bonus to the relationship). He had had a crush on a pretty neighbor, Sally Fairfax, but when she married another, he knew he must find a suitable wife for himself.

Martha married George on January 6, 1759. The marriage changed George from an ordinary planter to a substantially wealthy landowner. He had resigned his commission in the militia and so, George, Martha, Jacky (4), and Patsy (2) moved into the enlarged and remodeled Mt. Vernon. Martha was careful and conscientious in running her home, although she and her husband did not pinch pennies when it came to caring for their home. Her children were denied nothing. She pampered and lavished attention and expensive gifts on them.

Oh I don't know... Maybe presidents marrying rich women is a tradition.

Obama worked his way up.

McCain slept his way to the top.

Eeek! I'm voting McCain by default but even I think, from the looks of things, he should have been paying her. :tongue: (maybe he's some kind of super stud?)

:D

Second, the article completely misses the point: Obama's a hypocrite for whining about the amount of Money McCain has because Obama is rich too!

This is the freaking United States of America. When did living life to the best of your ability and providing for yourself and your family become a bad thing?

Its not about being rich dumbass, its about being an elitest. Reading comprehension is lost on you guys really... Ive no idea how you conservatives function in society.

All the numbers mean is that the Mccains have less debt than the Obamas. Besides, JM is 20 something years older than BHO so he should have a higher net worth.

Its not about being rich dumbass, its about being an elitest. Reading comprehension is lost on you guys really... Ive no idea how you conservatives function in society.

Money does not an elitist make. Attitude is the issue. And Obama is an elitist to his core.

Money does not an elitist make. Attitude is the issue. And Obama is an elitist to his core.

Nice try.. the elitist charge will not stick to this democratic candidate... better go back to god, guns, and gays...

Oh.. btw.. when you dont know how many houses you have. Not even to the point of hazarding a guess, you come acrossed as being just a bit out of touch with the common man.. i.e. elitist..

The point of this exercise is to give us some idea of whether these guys have any real idea what the average American is facing.

Now it is fairly obvious that neither of them can, really.

First of all, MCain hails from a familiy which is, and has been part of, the the military caste of the USA for at least three generations. He has never worked in the private sector, and has always worked for the government.

Add to that he married very well, and his ability to fathom what it's like to sweat paying the mortgage or heating the home, or finding a decent job, or paying your kid's college funds, or worrying about your health care, or suffering any of the visicitudes of capitalism is basically zero.

Obama is a freaking authentic genius, folks.

You do realize, don't you, that he graduated top of his class at Harvard Law school, right? that his education has always been with the elite?

So his ability to empathize with the average American's life is a tad strained, too.

They are both members of America's elite classes.

They come to it different ways, and they are members of it for different reasons, but neither of them is from your average American family or knows what it is to be of that ilk.

That is not necessarily a bad thing, however, in either case. America can be as well served by one of its aristos as it can be by someone who clawed his way to the top -- that much is obvious.

Focus on what they say, and what they hope to achieve, and forget about the character assassinating attempts coming at us from both parties, is my advice.

Last edited:

Money can make you an elitists. How many rich people do you know who cavort with us hoi paloia? Get a life.

When a man doesn't know how many fucking homes he has when he is running for president when millions of people are losing their only home

he is an elititis who has no concept of how mr and mrs averaage amerca live.

Plus he hates our vets. Look at his voting record when he did show up. That is a form of military elitism. My daddy and gran daddy were admirals.

Let's elect another rich asshole who doesn't know about scanning your crap at the supermarket or standing in line for any service. Yeh, they reall understand you retired.

Really? Why? Who cares? Which elected official at the Fed Government level cannot put 6 digits in front of the decimal point?

None. Their base pay is 6 digits. They are all wealthy on our tax dollars. That McCain and Obama are included in the lot comes as no surprise.

Um.. no.. I think the personal wealth comes from book deals..

Not knowing how many houses you own, and spending over a quarter of a million dollars on household servants last year is a big deal. It makes him look elitist and out of touch. Poppy Bush lost the election in 1992, in part, because he didn't know what the price of milk was. People take notice of that stuff.

70 to 80% of the american people polled, have been saying for years that the economy is weak and the country is headed in the wrong direction. McCain has been saying (at least until the last few weeks) that the economy was pretty strong, and Bush's policies have worked.

That sounds really, really out of touch for a guy with 8 houses, and a massive budget for household servants.

Forum List

Back