Net Stalkers

any idiot who thinks that also thinks if you wear a short skirt, you deserve to be raped.

no one should stalk anyone else. and yes, there should be a response if someone does. if it rises to the level of criminal stalking, there are laws that cover that.

equating following someone around on a message board to rape ? :lol:

The example she responded to was "murdering sociopath" but OK........

both are wacky----paranoia runs deep.

Yes, it seems Maddie was being hypothetical...

You CAN be stalked without revealing all on the net, Provocateur. Gimmie your ISP-supported email addy, and I'll have a field day with it. Donca ever watch those techy scarey movies?

>>>>

Let's assume it's the only email address you have. That's a safe assumption, since I managed to get it. I will fuck up your bank account, if you are doing online banking. I will run a deep background on you, and get all the inside dope I want, right down to your credit report....that opens up a world of fun times, including identity theft. I can also track you online now, and with your IP, I can locate you IRL...right down to the street addy.

I can fuck with your life, Provocateur, and I am a technotard. (I never will, BTW, any more than I will take up gas station robbery.) It is naive to think that these new laws are not needed except to meet the emotional needs for butthurt housewives.

Worded in such a way, that even Pixie had to ask. Specifically:

since I managed to get it.

I am a technotard. (I never will, BTW

Why did Pixie ask?

:dunno: You'd have to ask Pixie that...Maybe she wasn't sure and wanted to clarify?

Yes, it seems Maddie was being hypothetical...

>>>>

Worded in such a way, that even Pixie had to ask. Specifically:

since I managed to get it.

I am a technotard. (I never will, BTW

Why did Pixie ask?

:dunno: You'd have to ask Pixie that...Maybe she wasn't sure and wanted to clarify?

:lol: I find it likely that if people were able to hack emails that easily, that before now, the mods would be aware of the problem. It was just a strange proclamation on the open board.

I haven't received a PM yet with my email, so I'll assume it was a poorly worded hypothetical.

huh...I once asked a poster to stop pming me and he never did. Most of his pms were whines, though, and tell me what a horrible, mean, evil, pathetic person I am. :eusa_eh:

And then several months later he claimed that if I ever spoke to him again that meant I was stalking him and he was going to take legal recourse.

People are weird sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so now I'm confused. Maddie is a technotard and can hunt ya down if she has your email addy?

She's a STALKER.

Whether or not she's the sociopath-murderer variety is indeterminable.

Sarcasm is wasted on the unimaginative.

Just sayin'.

I think I'm in the mood for Little Big Man. Just got it from ebay. Been awhile. Love this movie.

That is what my lady friends call me :)

umm is that stalking?

:lol: That's the funniest thing I've ever hoid !

images

You didn't start this thread to discuss murdering sociopaths as stalkers. That isn't what the issue is that causes hassles for the mods and admins. What you are doing is trolling for trolls. If you don't want to be annoyed by a troll, put said person on ignore.

It's frightfully easy.

And if you are concerned about a murdering sociopath, the proper course of action is to contact law enforcement agencies that could actually do something about - not advertise your fears in a thread on a public forum.

As it happens, I am not anxious about murdering sociopaths ATM, but they are not unheard-of on the net, either. The local serial killer here, Anthony Sowell, had a profile on a dating website and so did at least four others murderers I can think of. All of whom found victims that way.

The troll is a multi-use poster; he aggravates everyone. The stalker-aggravator is dedicated to just one poster, and IMO, these types deserve a bit more attention.

Yanno, boedicca, I get the feeling at times that you believe anyone who does not live off the raw land and in any way depends on his fellow man for anything is a "whiner". Yet clearly, you live in a environment that at least has electricity.

Go figure.

I'm not an anti-technology luddite. I have no idea why you would draw such a conclusion based upon my posting history here.

I just don't think it is everyone else's responsibility to conform their behavior to be exactly the way I would prefer.

No one is suggesting we be granted the power to muffle each other. That would be ludicrious. The standard is a REASONABLE person, not the ubber-sensitive. There will always be some cases in the gray area, but there will also always be some cases that clearly fall outside the pale.

Forum List

Back