Net Stalkers

If anyone truly thinks they are being stalked, please PM a mod or admin

Otherwise..just deal with the board and it's members, and the community. And use the ignore button

Thanks

At the last board I came from, I spoke of my friend dying. I was quite bummed out about it. So I went there I guess for comfort. Duh. Bad idea. I was accused of lying to "get attention". After about a hundred or so pages of a pile on in my honor, a newbie shows up. Asks if my friends name is ########## and if so, then I was not lying.
I gaped. It was a surprise. One part of me was happy that the pile on would now disperse..the other part of me was aghast at the power of the net and those who know how to use it.

Again..I repeat...do not tell too much online. Ya can't run scared all the time, but what you plaster in public could bite ya in the ass. Which is why I hid my facebook and have nothing to do with it.

I could use a stalker like that!

I am just that good.

Hmmmm...does that mean that you are secretly STALKING Maddy and tricking her into thinking she is STALKING you?

Stalking is for people with too much time on their hands.

I'm guessing that Mad will have to answer to Pixie though. :lol: You shouldn't announce on a moderated board that there is a weakness and/or breakdown in their system.

Yep the net really helped with privacy issues.
It does have its uses though. I have a website that if you write in the person's name and state they said they hail from, it will show any arrests.

I use it for potential roommates that want to move in. So far, only one popped up and it was for traffic violation.

Criminal Searches - FREE criminal searches on anyone

Not terribly complete. Of 4 people I know to have arrest records your site only found one.

Yep the net really helped with privacy issues.
It does have its uses though. I have a website that if you write in the person's name and state they said they hail from, it will show any arrests.

I use it for potential roommates that want to move in. So far, only one popped up and it was for traffic violation.

Criminal Searches - FREE criminal searches on anyone

Not terribly complete. Of 4 people I know to have arrest records your site only found one.

It was the only one I could find that was free.
Still...it proves the net can be used for nefarious reasons if someone has the hankering to use it as such. I'm still not sure if that's a bad thing, or a good thing. I guess it depends on the situation.

I don't feel sorry for people who decide to do something voluntarily.

Everything has a price; and obviously they feel that the benefits they receive outweigh the price they pay, or they wouldn't do it.

I'll save my pity for people who are dying of cancer, involuntarily unemployed, and stuff like that.

So, if I voluntarily join fubar and attract a murdering sociopath as a stalker, that's on me, boedicca?

any idiot who thinks that also thinks if you wear a short skirt, you deserve to be raped.

no one should stalk anyone else. and yes, there should be a response if someone does. if it rises to the level of criminal stalking, there are laws that cover that.

Yes, it seems Maddie was being hypothetical...

You CAN be stalked without revealing all on the net, Provocateur. Gimmie your ISP-supported email addy, and I'll have a field day with it. Donca ever watch those techy scarey movies?

>>>>

Let's assume it's the only email address you have. That's a safe assumption, since I managed to get it. I will fuck up your bank account, if you are doing online banking. I will run a deep background on you, and get all the inside dope I want, right down to your credit report....that opens up a world of fun times, including identity theft. I can also track you online now, and with your IP, I can locate you IRL...right down to the street addy.

I can fuck with your life, Provocateur, and I am a technotard. (I never will, BTW, any more than I will take up gas station robbery.) It is naive to think that these new laws are not needed except to meet the emotional needs for butthurt housewives.

I don't feel sorry for people who decide to do something voluntarily.

Everything has a price; and obviously they feel that the benefits they receive outweigh the price they pay, or they wouldn't do it.

I'll save my pity for people who are dying of cancer, involuntarily unemployed, and stuff like that.

So, if I voluntarily join fubar and attract a murdering sociopath as a stalker, that's on me, boedicca?

any idiot who thinks that also thinks if you wear a short skirt, you deserve to be raped.

no one should stalk anyone else. and yes, there should be a response if someone does. if it rises to the level of criminal stalking, there are laws that cover that.

equating following someone around on a message board to rape ? :lol:

equating following someone around on a message board to rape ? :lol:

The example she responded to was "murdering sociopath" but OK........

Yes, it seems Maddie was being hypothetical...

You CAN be stalked without revealing all on the net, Provocateur. Gimmie your ISP-supported email addy, and I'll have a field day with it. Donca ever watch those techy scarey movies?

>>>>

Let's assume it's the only email address you have. That's a safe assumption, since I managed to get it. I will fuck up your bank account, if you are doing online banking. I will run a deep background on you, and get all the inside dope I want, right down to your credit report....that opens up a world of fun times, including identity theft. I can also track you online now, and with your IP, I can locate you IRL...right down to the street addy.

I can fuck with your life, Provocateur, and I am a technotard. (I never will, BTW, any more than I will take up gas station robbery.) It is naive to think that these new laws are not needed except to meet the emotional needs for butthurt housewives.

Worded in such a way, that even Pixie had to ask. Specifically:

since I managed to get it.

I am a technotard. (I never will, BTW

Why did Pixie ask?

Forum List

Back