Net Neutrality has been dead now for about 2 years. Share your personal horror stories.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Under Obama, we were told that without net neutrality legislation, we were all going to die....figuratively.

It’s been 2 years, roughly (I don’t want to be accused of lying if it’s only been 23 months)

How has your internet consumption been impeded since net neutrality wasnt a thing?

Do you have any issues?

If so, please list them here:

I am currently hiding in a shelter I prepared for the end of Net Neutrality......the hordes of shambling Internet zombies...created when the internet lost its neutrality.....are a constant threat. We exist hand to mouth, foraging for food during the day, hiding in the shelter by night.....we hope one day to find other survivors, but hold out no hope that we will.......

Under Obama, we were told that without net neutrality legislation, we were all going to die....figuratively.

It’s been 2 years, roughly (I don’t want to be accused of lying if it’s only been 23 months)

How has your internet consumption been impeded since net neutrality wasnt a thing?

Do you have any issues?

The other day Netflix was really slow! had to be because of NN

Do you have any issues?

I have Ozark season 2 and narcos Mexico on my list...just have not had the time,

Ozark 1was fucking bad ass.

I

I am currently hiding in a shelter I prepared for the end of Net Neutrality......the hordes of shambling Internet zombies...created when the internet lost its neutrality.....are a constant threat. We exist hand to mouth, foraging for food during the day, hiding in the shelter by night.....we hope one day to find other survivors, but hold out no hope that we will.......

I have to give my man props for originality. That was funny.

A year after Trump's FCC killed the Obama-era net neutrality rule, a new report is showing that internet download speeds are faster by almost 36%.

A year after net neutrality's demise, the Internet is faster

Suck it, DimCOMS. You did all that bitching, moaning, and arguing for nothing.

The real question is what has happened to online companies . Are they being targeted by internet providers .

So your answer is “No, I have not seen any impact on my internet access in spite of Net Neutrality Legislation not being in effect”.

Thanks,

A year after Trump's FCC killed the Obama-era net neutrality rule, a new report is showing that internet download speeds are faster by almost 36%.

A year after net neutrality's demise, the Internet is faster

Suck it, DimCOMS. You did all that bitching, moaning, and arguing for nothing.

The real question is what has happened to online companies . Are they being targeted by internet providers .

Which "online companies"? Internet service providers?

If so, the beauty of capitalism is that it provides consumers with not only choices, but the best possible product for the lowest price. Those who can't offer those, don't stay in business long.

Let’s hear it.

Open forum for all who supported net neutrality legislation.

How has the lack of it impacted you?

This was a big deal not so long ago.

If this was such a big deal in 2015, why did it vanish?

Anecdotally, how has it impacted you?

Personally, my internet speeds are waaaaaaaay fucking up.

Do you have any issues?

I have Ozark season 2 and narcos Mexico on my list...just have not had the time,

I

I started watching The Americans on Prime...holy crap that is a good show. I had never watched it. Binged two seasons over the last two weekends...that is more episodes of a show than I have watched in the past year. I normally only watch cooking shows and sports...oh and Forged in Fire!

Do you have any issues?

No it hasnt been 2 years. Net neutrality ended in June of this year. I dont think youre lying but you definitely dont know what youre talking about.

Do you have any issues?

I

I started watching The Americans on Prime...holy crap that is a good show. I had never watched it. Binged two seasons over the last two weekends...that is more episodes of a show than I have watched in the past year. I normally only watch cooking shows and sports...oh and Forged in Fire!

My wife swears by the Americans, I haven’t given it a chance.

If you have not watched JUSTIFIED, do yourself a favor it is epic.

The lead character, Timothy Olephant, even wears a Florida Gator shirt in some scenes. Beyond that , it is bad ass.

Did your costs rise ?

I pay like 80bucks for Spectrum (Brighthouse) for their pipeline, then I use Apple TV. I could easily just use the Smart TV apps on my Sony, but the family loves them some Apple.

I get about 200 down and 20 up.

Last edited:
For anyone who has not watched Breaking Bad...do yourself a favor and watch it.

Even every left wing lunatic asshole on this board has to agree that it is fucking awesome.

Did your costs rise ?

I pay like 80bucks for Spectrum (Brighthouse) for their pipeline, then I use Apple TV. I could easily just use the Smart TV apps on my Sony, but the family loves them some Apple.

I get about 200 down and 20 up.

News just had a story that Spectrum just settled a suit for scamming customers .

You might be in for a rebate .

Forum List

Back