Neoconservatives lay low, hope for Iraqi democracy

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Neoconservatives lay low, hope for Iraqi democracy

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N21459103.htm

WASHINGTON, June 21 (Reuters) - The neoconservative architects of the U.S. invasion of Iraq are anxiously watching events there, aware that failure could prevent the United States from aggressively confronting other states such as Iran, analysts said on Monday.

The so-called neoconservatives argue that U.S. interests and values are best pursued, especially in the Middle East, through "regime change" in certain countries and the establishment of pro-U.S. democracies in their stead.

Several analysts said one clear way of gauging the influence of the neoconservatives will be by watching U.S. policy toward Iran. At the moment, Washington is working with the International Atomic Energy Agency to try to control Tehran's nuclear program and bring it under effective outside monitoring.

"If the neoconservatives have their way, you will see more confrontation (with Iran) and the United States backing away from a willingness to work through international organizations," said Jonathan Clarke of the conservative Cato Institute, co-author of a recent book on the neoconservative movement.

more

WHat is the NON-neoconservative attitude on how to deal with terrorism and the governments that support it? Deny the problem? IS that a solution?

The neocons denied the problem of terrorism throughout the Clinton Administration. Even given that President Clinton tried over and over again to address the simmering boil of anti-Americanism/terrorism how do they now embrace such concepts as torture, collateral civilian murder, and indisciminate bombing campaigns? In all my life, I've never seen such hypcrisy. And I won't forget it as long as I have breath in my body and especially so when I speak with my grandchildren and their children. My own children already know and appreciate my points of view.

Psychoblues

Even the nit-shit Republican impeachment manager Mr. house of representatives seeking to be Senator McConnel admitted that WE knew about terrorist threats to fly airplanes into buildings as early as 1993. He went on to quote a book or two about it. Just tonite on Joe Scarborough Country!!!!!!! I don't recall any terrorists flying aircraft into buildings between 1993 and 9/11/2001. I guess the new administration just didn't get the memo? Is that the new neocon excuse? Asleep at the wheel? Get a clue, my friends!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Even the nit-shit Republican impeachment manager Mr. house of representatives seeking to be Senator McConnel admitted that WE knew about terrorist threats to fly airplanes into buildings as early as 1993.

Ummmm ..... No.

The memo stated that they had possibly planned on using airplanes as missiles, but there was never a mention of buildings or any specific target whatsoever.

Try reading the actual memo they released to the public next time before looking foolish.

Mr. McConnel specifically stated, "Flying Airplanes Into Buildings" last night on the Scarborough Country Program. He said they knew about it in 1993. Get your kicks by reading the transcript on MSNBC.

Psychoblues

Mr. McConnel specifically stated, "Flying Airplanes Into Buildings" last night on the Scarborough Country Program. He said they knew about it in 1993. Get your kicks by reading the transcript on MSNBC.

Psychoblues

And he was wrong, and you are again foolish for believing what you hear instead of what you see. I watched the testimony in front of the 9/11 commission and saw the memo when it was released. It did not mention flying into buildings.

Why don't you read the actual memo instead?

Who needs the very measured statements of courtroom dialogue when these most treasured tidbits of truth come out so often in impromtu? Get a grip, jimnyc, the neocons have bafoozled you and you're still buying into it!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Who needs the very measured statements of courtroom dialogue when these most treasured tidbits of truth come out so often in impromtu? Get a grip, jimnyc, the neocons have bafoozled you and you're still buying into it!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Why have facts, when soundbites will do. Good one psychoblues, very honest.

Psychoblues

Sure, who needs the truth when we can get by on rhetoric and lies.

Keep on backpeddaling, it suits you well.

This was not a soundbite, Kathianne, and it was an honest assessment by Mr. McConnel. He didn't think about what he was saying, he just said it. And I believe that and am greatly confused as to why you have a problem.

Psychoblues

This was not a soundbite, Kathianne, and it was an honest assessment by Mr. McConnel. He didn't think about what he was saying, he just said it. And I believe that and am greatly confused as to why you have a problem.

Psychoblues

by PsychobluesWho needs the very measured statements of courtroom dialogue when these most treasured tidbits of truth come out so often in impromtu? Get a grip, jimnyc, the neocons have bafoozled you and you're still buying into it!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like soundbites to me.

It was a complete interview. It was not a portion of an interview. Do you understand what a "soundbite" is?

Psychoblues

and do you understand what picking out pieces of an interview is?

Who's back pedaling? I admit, sometimes I have to do that. In this case I don't.

Psychoblues

Ok then, submit proof here that there was knowledge of buildings going to be attacked since 1993.

No excuses, no opinions, just the proof.

You're much more dense than I imagined. Read the Scarborough Country transcript from last night. In 1993 it was known there were plans of attacks by airplanes against buildings according to a very Republican house of representative type Mr. McConnel. Don't let partisanship get in your way. The transcript is available for you. Read it.

Psychoblues

You're much more dense than I imagined. Read the Scarborough Country transcript from last night. In 1993 it was known there were plans of attacks by airplanes against buildings according to a very Republican house of representative type Mr. McConnel. Don't let partisanship get in your way. The transcript is available for you. Read it.

Psychoblues

PROOF, dumbass, not someone elses ramblings. Either submit the proof or go eat a shit sandwich, you drunken idiot.

Forum List

Back