NeoConservatism vs Fascism

Historically speaking, how many countries, civilizations, do you know of that weren't run by "elites"? Every civilization on earth is run by "elites." If there's a revolution to over-throw elites, then the next people to gain power become elites and rule. It's an endless cycle.

Depends on what you mean by elites, surely this country has not been run by elites. Funny but when I look at Presidents my own favorite FDR was sort of an elite, at least in my definition. But he did a hell of a job. When you look at certain European countries they seem to have lost their elite too, Denmark for instance.

In America today the church as become for some the elite and for others corporatism but I don't see it. It is too vast and complex.

its not really all that complex..if you have a apathetic populace and you control there information and opinion through the media and thought control..create distractions like media stars and the left /right divide a conjure ..you place people in key positions within the government..use a few Mafia techniques of extortion blackmail.. fraud..pay offs.. murder..and off you go...simple..it has been going on for thousands of tears..but it doesn't mean it has to..the people responsible have faces ,names .and society's and quasi governmental agency they operate through...enough people simple need be aware and to say.. no

its not really all that complex..if you have a apathetic populace and you control there information and opinion through the media and thought control..create distractions like media stars and the left /right divide a conjure ..you place people in key positions within the government..use a few Mafia techniques of extortion blackmail.. fraud..pay offs.. murder..and off you go...simple..it has been going on for thousands of tears..but it doesn't mean it has to..the people responsible have faces ,names .and society's and quasi governmental agency they operate through...enough people simple need be aware and to say.. no

So, are you lost, or have you just pulled your head out of your ass long enough to visit the real world, and start another conspiracy rumor?

Don't bother to answer, I already know the answer.:eusa_hand:

Depends on what you mean by elites, surely this country has not been run by elites. Funny but when I look at Presidents my own favorite FDR was sort of an elite, at least in my definition. But he did a hell of a job. When you look at certain European countries they seem to have lost their elite too, Denmark for instance.

In America today the church as become for some the elite and for others corporatism but I don't see it. It is too vast and complex.

How can you say this? Certainly Lincoln & Jackson came from humble backgrounds, 2 of the very few. At the same time, when they ran for President, they were in the elite. For all the Jacksonian popularism, he was well off.

Yeah, I agree...but it's very unlikely that we'll achieve a state where there are no elites. (

Very unlikely???

How about AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!! NEVER EVER EVER!

There will always be leaders and followers.

Whether the followers do so voluntarily, begrudgingly or unwittingly doesn't matter.

Very unlikely???

How about AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!! NEVER EVER EVER!

There will always be leaders and followers.

Whether the followers do so voluntarily, begrudgingly or unwittingly doesn't matter.

I guess you're just feeling a little argumentative????

We agree and are agreeing with the same context. I'm sorry my choice of vocabulary did not meet your specifications. :cool:

I agree with most of your observations. But I don't quite find any of it as troubling as do you. No matter how intellectually enlightened we might consider ourselves as individuals, at the end of the day the masses need to be ruled. When I consider my personal situation, with humble beginnings and modest achievement, far from sniffing anything resembling elite status, I have to acknowledge that these nameless faceless rulers of our world have done ok by me. I have a home, food in my belly, clothes on my back and a few duckets left over for a Guinness or three. I certainly enjoy delving into discussions about ideology, politics, and yes even conspiracy theories. But since my basic needs are provided for and I am not a greedy person, why on earth would I ever support a major upheaval of the status quo?

I agree with most of your observations. But I don't quite find any of it as troubling as do you. No matter how intellectually enlightened we might consider ourselves as individuals, at the end of the day the masses need to be ruled. When I consider my personal situation, with humble beginnings and modest achievement, far from sniffing anything resembling elite status, I have to acknowledge that these nameless faceless rulers of our world have done ok by me. I have a home, food in my belly, clothes on my back and a few duckets left over for a Guinness or three. I certainly enjoy delving into discussions about ideology, politics, and yes even conspiracy theories. But since my basic needs are provided for and I am not a greedy person, why on earth would I ever support a major upheaval of the status quo?

Well played sir....:clap2:

Exactly what I tried to explain to the Ron Paul people. There is certainly fine-tuning that needs to be done and some serious issues which need to be addressed. But, ultimately, if we're largely doing ok, no one wants to disassemble the current framework of government.

What I would suggest, however, is that if we don't address certain issues like the widening gap between rich and poor and the shrinking of the middle class, that won't remain the case.

Exactly what I tried to explain to the Ron Paul people. There is certainly fine-tuning that needs to be done and some serious issues which need to be addressed. But, ultimately, if we're largely doing ok, no one wants to disassemble the current framework of government.

What I would suggest, however, is that if we don't address certain issues like the widening gap between rich and poor and the shrinking of the middle class, that won't remain the case.

Exactly, that's the problem I have with conspiracy threads.(Not that this is one) It's one thing to acknowledge the theory or fact. But most of the conspiracy nuts want to throw the country into revolution and kill all of the beauracrats. Didn't this happen before in European history? :eusa_think: yet there are still elites running the show.

Exactly, that's the problem I have with conspiracy threads.(Not that this is one) It's one thing to acknowledge the theory or fact. But most of the conspiracy nuts want to throw the country into revolution and kill all of the beauracrats. Didn't this happen before in European history? :eusa_think: yet there are still elites running the show.

There will always be elites. Marxism failed because Marx disregarded basic human nature.... that being: people who hold power will not give it up willingly for the greater good or any other reason.

There will always be elites. Marxism failed because Marx disregarded basic human nature.... that being: people who hold power will not give it up willingly for the greater good or any other reason.

well said....:clap2:

Now as far as fascism....is that where people all have angry faces?? :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back