Neo Nazis in court

In the US and Europe, the unwarranted fear of change and diversity has given rise to many hateful rightwing groups who seek to oppose that change and diversity through intimidation and violence.

Where is your evidence, Tammy? AFAIK There is no evidence that the murderer of Jo Cox had any association with this group at all before the murder.
Neo-Nazi group National Action banned by UK home secretary

National Action has held demonstrations in UK cities with banners that say “Hitler was right”, and speakers have been filmed telling a small group of supporters about “the disease of international Jewry” and that “when the time comes they’ll be in the chambers”.

The group has also been filmed training supporters in hand-to-hand combat, and putting up posters across Liverpool and Newbury declaring them “white zones”. The slogan on its website is “Death to traitors, freedom for Britain,” which was the only statement given in court by Cox’s murderer, Thomas Mair.
They adopted the slogan after hearing Mair say it at his court case, Tammy.

They are saying the same kind of things said by Islamic groups across the UK, who are also keen on putting up signs saying 'shariah only zones' and intimidating non Muslims in these areas over their clothing etc, I recall you made excuses for the Muslims doing this and said it was no biggie.

Since when was training for hand to hand combat illegal?

The gvmnt is making thoughts and free speech illegal - the thoughts and speech might be odious, but making them illegal is Orwellian.
But just up your authoritarian street, eh Tammy?
Well - that is until they start applying the same draconian crap to Islamic groups, mosques and Islamic schools - which they will now come under increasing pressure to. Congrats!
No it was the other way around.
No it wasn't. The only connection with the loner Mair and this group is that they adopted the statement Mair made in court to demonstrate their support of him.
I will take your word for it Tilly. I cant be arsed delving into that cess pit.
Maybe you shouldn't have made unsubstantiated claims in your OP. But what's new?

Neo-Nazi group National Action banned by UK home secretary

National Action has held demonstrations in UK cities with banners that say “Hitler was right”, and speakers have been filmed telling a small group of supporters about “the disease of international Jewry” and that “when the time comes they’ll be in the chambers”.

The group has also been filmed training supporters in hand-to-hand combat, and putting up posters across Liverpool and Newbury declaring them “white zones”. The slogan on its website is “Death to traitors, freedom for Britain,” which was the only statement given in court by Cox’s murderer, Thomas Mair.

They are saying the same kind of things said by Islamic groups across the UK, who are also keen on putting up signs saying 'shariah only zones' and intimidating non Muslims in these areas over their clothing etc, I recall you made excuses for the Muslims doing this and said it was no biggie.

The gvmnt is making thoughts and free speech illegal - the thoughts and speech might be odious, but making them illegal is Orwellian.
Well - that is until they start applying the same draconian crap to Islamic groups, mosques and Islamic schools - which they will now come under increasing pressure to. Congrats!
No it wasn't. The only connection with the loner Mair and this group is that they adopted the statement Mair made in court to demonstrate their support of him.
Maybe you shouldn't have made unsubstantiated claims in your OP. But what's new?
Yup, people will start thinking im a right wing nut.

Yup, people will start thinking im a right wing nut.
Nope. People already know you're a violence supporting Left Wing fascist bigot :thup: BTW, this group dress like Antifa thugs, only they don't seem to have committed violence at protests etc yet - unlike antifa. Do you think Antifa should be made an illegal group too - since they actually indulge in violence? TIA.

What crime did they commit? I don't get it.
They were planning a race war and were members of a banned organisation.
This is an example of one of the many failings of democracy: that the people determine what the law means – where the will of the people is often wrong.

In the American Republic, of course, whose citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not the flawed, capricious will of the people, the notion of ‘banning’ a political organization is repugnant to the most fundamental tenets of liberty and a free, enlightened society.

Individuals alone are responsible for their actions, not the organizations they might belong to – and in a truly free society the right to organize and to express oneself motivated by hate must be aggressively protected from unwarranted government efforts to engage in prior restraint and restrictions – which is why rightwing hate speech and rightist organizations motivated by hate are entitled to Constitutional protections.

This is an example of one of the many failings of democracy: that the people determine what the law means – where the will of the people is often wrong.

In the American Republic, of course, whose citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not the flawed, capricious will of the people, the notion of ‘banning’ a political organization is repugnant to the most fundamental tenets of liberty and a free, enlightened society.

Individuals alone are responsible for their actions, not the organizations they might belong to – and in a truly free society the right to organize and to express oneself motivated by hate must be aggressively protected from unwarranted government efforts to engage in prior restraint and restrictions – which is why rightwing hate speech and rightist organizations motivated by hate are entitled to Constitutional protections.
I dont think any state can stand idle when a group is planning a race war.

What will happen though is that they will get their day in court and it will be evident if the arrests are warranted.

Reading this its clear that they are not over burdened with great thinkers.

National Action – HOPE not hate

I dont think any state can stand idle when a group is planning a race war.

What will happen though is that they will get their day in court and it will be evident if the arrests are warranted.

Reading this its clear that they are not over burdened with great thinkers.

National Action – HOPE not hate

Nor were they overburdened with members - fewer than a hundred - probably about 40 - before Amber Rudd gave them the spotlight they craved.
Anyway, how were these few unintelligent 'neo Nazis' going to cause a race war when the grooming, drugging and raping of over a thousand girls in Rotherham and hundreds of girls in 11 other cities by Muslim gangs whilst the authorities turned a blind eye did not result in one?

Actually the American Republic is subject to the rule of "elected representatives" who decide what the laws are in the first place, most of whom are in thrall to the capricious will of vested interests. In the American Republic, money rules the law.

Following on, your free and enlightened society would therefore not be opposed to allowing the rise of another "Hitler" or "Stalin"?

Although, I would agree in principle that banning is the wrong way to deal with the matter, these people are best left out in the open and engaged with counter argument and/or ridicule, rather than being driven underground, where they can spread their poison without challenge.

Forum List

Back