Nemo Judex In Parte Sua; "No person can be a judge of their own interest."

Should parasites be allowed to vote? (People on the government dole)

• Total voters
"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."

Goodbye, won't miss you....

My turn (you didn't think I knew you'd post that clause?).
Article V:
On the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof.

Looks like the feds have no say if the States wish to overturn the entire system. And if they did retain the Constitution, according to the clause you posted, the feds would still have to act within the bounds of the Constitution ("pursuance thereof").

You took the bet when you posted the Supremacy Clause. You lost.

Goodbye.

Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States, elected within a few years of writing this statement:
by a compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they constituted a general government for special purposes — delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force: that to this compact each State acceded as a State, and is an integral part, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party: that the government created by this compact was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself; since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress.

You're posting a fantasy.

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."

Goodbye, won't miss you....

My turn (you didn't think I knew you'd post that clause?).
Article V:
On the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof.

Looks like the feds have no say if the States wish to overturn the entire system. And if they did retain the Constitution, according to the clause you posted, the feds would still have to act within the bounds of the Constitution ("pursuance thereof").

You took the bet when you posted the Supremacy Clause. You lost.

Goodbye.

Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States, elected within a few years of writing this statement:
by a compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they constituted a general government for special purposes — delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force: that to this compact each State acceded as a State, and is an integral part, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party: that the government created by this compact was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself; since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress.

You're still here?
surprised-004.gif

Is NYcarbineer going to delete his account now?

Do the right thing.

lol. Go fuck yourself and we'll all feel better.
Rather fuck my wife. You don't have one of those, do you?

I won't be baited into attacking your wife, but good try.
Good. I was terrified you would attack someone you don't even know and wouldn't care if you fell off the face of the earth.

Yes I want the federal government to reign. lolol

Do you realize how stupid you sound? A government that reigns is a national government, not a federal government. Do you even know what federalism is?

NYcarbineer played the common liberal tactic of "grammar police" when I used "reign" instead of "rein"

But he was serious about wanting a government that reigns; he let that slip. He wants a national government, we want a return to federal government. There's a difference.

The national government is the ultimate authority in a federal government.

You people aren't federalists. You are anti-federalists.

You made a freudian slip. You are exposed.

Do you even know who the anti-federalists were?

Do you realize how stupid you sound? A government that reigns is a national government, not a federal government. Do you even know what federalism is?

NYcarbineer played the common liberal tactic of "grammar police" when I used "reign" instead of "rein"

But he was serious about wanting a government that reigns; he let that slip. He wants a national government, we want a return to federal government. There's a difference.

The national government is the ultimate authority in a federal government.

You people aren't federalists. You are anti-federalists.

You made a freudian slip. You are exposed.

Do you even know who the anti-federalists were?
Yes.

Funny how you statists proved all their predictions right.

A fantasy that has occurred twice in US history since 1776.

Article V of the Constitution is not a fantasy, it's real.

Now delete your account.

The Constitution wasn't even ratified in 1776. You are losing it. Take a break.

We had a Convention for the Articles of Confederation and another Convention for the current Constitution.

I also never said the current constitution was ratified in 1776.

I'd tell you to take a break, but we both agreed to the bet that results in account deletion upon failure.

When are you deleting?

A fantasy that has occurred twice in US history since 1776.

Article V of the Constitution is not a fantasy, it's real.

Now delete your account.

The Constitution wasn't even ratified in 1776. You are losing it. Take a break.

We had a Convention for the Articles of Confederation and another Convention for the current Constitution.

I also never said the current constitution was ratified in 1776.

I'd tell you to take a break, but we both agreed to the bet that results in account deletion upon failure.

When are you deleting?

I didn't agree to anything.

All you've proven is that nullification is not the right of any individual state.

All you've proven is that nullification is not the right of any individual state.

saintmichaeldefendthem

Do you know when nullification was mentioned in this thread? Sounds like another deflection. I think NYcarbineer did in fact agree to our bet when he posted the Supremacy Clause, did he not tell me "Goodbye."

saintmichaeldefendthem

Do you know when nullification was mentioned in this thread? Sounds like another deflection. I think NYcarbineer did in fact agree to our bet when he posted the Supremacy Clause, did he not tell me "Goodbye."

You can try to pussy out all you want but if you were any semblance of a man you would leave,

now.

saintmichaeldefendthem

You can try to pussy out all you want but if you were any semblance of a man you would leave,

now.

Pussy out? You have yet to find a clause that gives the Feds the authority to overrule a Constitutional Convention of the Several States.

When are you deleting?

Forum List

Back