Neil Cavuto On Kerry Putting The Country First

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Nov 8, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i'm glad cavuto can move on after the criticism he got from kerry and others about his "campaign button" crack about john kerry and osama bin laden two weeks ago. i enjoy his show when it comes on AFN News.

2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Well, O.K. - fair enough. But, I'm not in any rush to kiss John Kerry's ring. I maintain that it's just as likely that he got some prudent advice from party insiders - people who knew only too well what kind of stench was going to rise up from those Ohio provisional ballots.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    true but then you had guys like michael moore and john edwards saying "fight on!"

i'm glad he put the country first... that is a lot more than i expected from this campaign and the ABB crowd.

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

I'd classify Edwards and Fatass as more pawns and dupes than insiders. No, I really think that the movers and shakers within the Party took the Republican invitation to examine the situation in the light of day very much to heart. There were lots of odd smells coming from this election, from the exit polls to the Clintonista judge trying to block challenges to the Dick Tracy and Mary Poppins registrations to the crack connection - and they ALL came from the left.

Ah, well - it all turned out O.K.. But I wouldn't trust those bastards to tell me what color the sky is - their track record just doesn't merit it.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    true perhaps...edwards seems just way way way too much of a schemer, has managed to scare the hell out of me the last 3-4 months.

i do hope the democratic party gets fixed somehow in the next decade, we need a legitimate 2nd party (not a very liberal one though)

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Amen to all points! It was a good outcome, regardless of how or why we got there. And the truly vitriolic Dems are just helping to underline the irreconcilable differences between their view and the mainstream of America. By all means, blather on, boys and girls!

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    cough--- san francisco---- cough---- seattle---- cough

oh yea my girlfriend too

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    ha, she has no time for this kind of debate, 12 hour shifts with FDNY EMS... she's going to end it soon anyway though, her family won't accept me, a white boy who likes george bush and can't speak good spanish to talk to them, that's persona non grata for that bunch

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,188
    im not sure Kerry really put the country first. I guess ill give him the benefit of the doubt but I think he is trying to put his political career first. He knew he had no chance of winning. So he may be trying to make a future attempt. Any such attempt would lose if he had drawn it out.

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    I have major doubts. I don't think he "put the country first". All his life it has been "John Kerry first". His ideology also put the "UN and world opinion first" too, not America.

I think he was just cutting his losses and making the best of it he could.

If there was any real chance at all, I'm almost positive that he would have mired America in the mud just as Al Gore did.