Neil Boortz: Republicans get rolled and deservedly so

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Neal Boortz : Republicans Get Rolled...And Deservedly So - Townhall.com

Today at noon Barack Obama addresses the nation’s schoolchildren .. or a good number of them anyway. Many students won’t hear the speech because of a rather severe miscalculation from the right. Republican screaming and wailing made it sound as if Hugo Chavez was flying in via Aeroflot to speak to our poor, innocent, unsuspecting angels. School districts reacted … and millions of school kids will sit around picking their noses at noon instead of watching the speech.

So now the speech is out. As of yesterday afternoon you could read it on the Internet. I’ve read it, and if there is anything in there that I wouldn’t want my child to have heard from a U.S. President, I certainly couldn’t find it.

Egad! The speech is innocuous! What are we going to do now? I know! We’ll all claim that Obama changed the speech after the uproar from the right! Well, duhhhhhh. Of course he did! Why wouldn’t he! Well, actually he really didn’t have to change it. It probably wasn’t written by the time conservative boxers bunched up en masse. So Obama’s speechwriters took their cue from the right and made the speech essentially bulletproof from the get-go. One sharp mind in a Republican strategy session could have seen this one coming from the next galaxy.
<more>

Ooops, This should be in Politics.

Last edited:
School districts reacted &#8230; and millions of school kids will sit around picking their noses at noon instead of watching the speech.
If our school teacher were -on the whole- worth a shit, they'd be flexible enough to fill that otherwise wasted hour plus into some constructive classroom time.

Otherwise, Boortz pretty much got this one right on two fronts.

1) Little Lord Obammyroy's handlers are pretty good at coming up with vapid speeches on short notice.

2) The republicans and their pundit flacks got rolled.

I don't always agree with Neal, but I have to give him credit, he said he would call it like he saw it and indeed he has. Last week he was laughing at his fellow conservatives who were all up in arms over something they hadn't even heard yet. He said that if Obama did indeed tell kids to stay in school and work hard, he would give him credit. If not, he'd lead the porcession to criticize him. At least Neal is reasonable and fair and willing to let others have their say. I don't think I've ever heard him hang up on someone. He may tell them they are a moron, but he at least isn't afraid to let them have their say. Kudos to Neal for calling a spade a spade on this one.

What I find interesting is that people like Boortz and Scarborough have the stones to be honest and call for an end to the stupid remarks, but none of our elected officials have. Where is the leadership from the Republicans? Have they abdicated all of their opinions and leadership to commentators?

I don't agree they got rolled....instead Obama got his sticky mitts slapped off the children....parents didn't want the LESSON PLAN (sucking up to Obama) that was supposed to be taught after Obama's speech....they got RID of it....AND a brazen attempt at political indoctrination through the school system...

ps: what's this topic doing in healthcare?

I don't agree they got rolled....instead Obama got his sticky mitts slapped off the children....parents didn't want the LESSON PLAN (sucking up to Obama) that was supposed to be taught after Obama's speech....they got RID of it....AND a brazen attempt at political indoctrination through the school system...

You are aware that the lesson plan is not mandatory for any school or teacher to use don't you?

You are aware that the lesson plan is not mandatory for any school or teacher to use don't you?

As if most of the teachers wouldn't use it....government employees that they be.....

What're the odds that a nice NEA/AFT teacher won't use the lesson plan, passed along from the lofty perch of Mr. History himself?

Like, just north of zero?

What're the odds that a nice NEA/AFT teacher won't use the lesson plan, passed along from the lofty perch of Mr. History himself?

Like, just north of zero?

I'd say far less than you would think. My grandmother, grandfather, mom, father-in-law and mother-in-law all had careers in education and not a single on was liberal. Education is like any other walk of life, you'll find a little bit of everything among the people that do it for a living. Contrary to popular belief, not all teachers are tree hugging communists. School systems have their own ciriculum and teachers create there own lesson plans. Like most government entities, the Department of Education might produce materials, but the majority of teachers could care less as it doesn't dovetail with what they are doing. My son is a junior in high school this year, and I'd say the majority of his teachers over the years were conservative Christians.

Don't buy into the hype.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back