Neil Boortz: Republicans get rolled and deservedly so

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Political Junky, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,541
    Neal Boortz : Republicans Get Rolled...And Deservedly So - Townhall.com

Today at noon Barack Obama addresses the nation’s schoolchildren .. or a good number of them anyway. Many students won’t hear the speech because of a rather severe miscalculation from the right. Republican screaming and wailing made it sound as if Hugo Chavez was flying in via Aeroflot to speak to our poor, innocent, unsuspecting angels. School districts reacted … and millions of school kids will sit around picking their noses at noon instead of watching the speech.

So now the speech is out. As of yesterday afternoon you could read it on the Internet. I’ve read it, and if there is anything in there that I wouldn’t want my child to have heard from a U.S. President, I certainly couldn’t find it.

Egad! The speech is innocuous! What are we going to do now? I know! We’ll all claim that Obama changed the speech after the uproar from the right! Well, duhhhhhh. Of course he did! Why wouldn’t he! Well, actually he really didn’t have to change it. It probably wasn’t written by the time conservative boxers bunched up en masse. So Obama’s speechwriters took their cue from the right and made the speech essentially bulletproof from the get-go. One sharp mind in a Republican strategy session could have seen this one coming from the next galaxy.
    <more>

Ooops, This should be in Politics.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235
    It isn't very often that I agree with Neal Boortz, but there is a first time for everything. I'm a bit confused, Junky. What are you saying?

3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    If our school teacher were -on the whole- worth a shit, they'd be flexible enough to fill that otherwise wasted hour plus into some constructive classroom time.

Otherwise, Boortz pretty much got this one right on two fronts.

1) Little Lord Obammyroy's handlers are pretty good at coming up with vapid speeches on short notice.

2) The republicans and their pundit flacks got rolled.

4. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,797
    I don't always agree with Neal, but I have to give him credit, he said he would call it like he saw it and indeed he has. Last week he was laughing at his fellow conservatives who were all up in arms over something they hadn't even heard yet. He said that if Obama did indeed tell kids to stay in school and work hard, he would give him credit. If not, he'd lead the porcession to criticize him. At least Neal is reasonable and fair and willing to let others have their say. I don't think I've ever heard him hang up on someone. He may tell them they are a moron, but he at least isn't afraid to let them have their say. Kudos to Neal for calling a spade a spade on this one.

5. veritas

veritas OBKB

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    What I find interesting is that people like Boortz and Scarborough have the stones to be honest and call for an end to the stupid remarks, but none of our elected officials have. Where is the leadership from the Republicans? Have they abdicated all of their opinions and leadership to commentators?

6. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,112
    Good for Boortz. This has to be the most retarded thing Republicans have done for some time, and that's saying something.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    I don't agree they got rolled....instead Obama got his sticky mitts slapped off the children....parents didn't want the LESSON PLAN (sucking up to Obama) that was supposed to be taught after Obama's speech....they got RID of it....AND a brazen attempt at political indoctrination through the school system...

ps: what's this topic doing in healthcare?

8. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,797
    You are aware that the lesson plan is not mandatory for any school or teacher to use don't you?

9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    As if most of the teachers wouldn't use it....government employees that they be.....

10. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,112
    Random Thread Night?