Neil Armstrong: Obama killing off U.S. space program..

Of course you want to kill the military. Military related products and services are the USA's #1 export (other than debt).

Democrats hate trade surpluses along with science.

Kill off the military? Emmy goes to you, Drama Queen. I never said "kill off" the military. I said cut military funding. We currently spend more than anyone.

20110611_WOC883.gif

We can afford to trim our military budget here and there.

I'd like America's primary export to be something besides war, thanks. How about we try to beat the Chinese at producing alternative energy solutions?

The military only makes up 25% of the federal Governments expenditures. Looking at Government entitlements favored by the left: Health 24%, pensions 22%, Welfare 13%, they hold the bigger piece of the problem. If we drastically cut welfare (for example), and made it uncomfortable for people to remain poor, they might actually become productive members of society. The United States Constitution after all says the Government is "to promote (not "provide") the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity"

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local for 2011 - Charts Tables History

Has any nation in history ever gotten people out of poverty by making it "uncomfortable to be poor"?

How comfortable are Mexicos poor?

Obamination sees more welfare voters than unemployed NASA engineers and scientists, so he has no problem killing NASA.

Oh, look the idiot is chiming in on military spending. Care to explain the DoD budget being 40% of our GDP back during JFK's era?

We spend more on the military than other countries because we are the world's police for numerous reasons like maintaining the peace and also making sure markets remain open to our companies.

As for China, they are covering up their spending, dumbfuck. They are not an open society so they don't report FACTS like we do. The Coast Guard should've drowned you during their boot camp.

I agree 100% that the military should be cut before anything else. We really don't need planes that can't fly in the rain or the ability to blow up the planet six or seven times over.

What's the reality though? How likely are we to cut the military budget? Which lobbyists can hand over more buckets of cash to our bought and paid for legislature?
Of course you want to kill the military. Military related products and services are the USA's #1 export (other than debt).

Kill off the military? Emmy goes to you, Drama Queen. I never said "kill off" the military. I said cut military funding. We currently spend more than anyone.

20110611_WOC883.gif

I'd like America's primary export to be something besides war, thanks. How about we try to beat the Chinese at producing alternative energy solutions?

Oh, look the idiot is chiming in on military spending. Care to explain the DoD budget being 40% of our GDP back during JFK's era?

We spend more on the military than other countries because we are the world's police for numerous reasons like maintaining the peace and also making sure markets remain open to our companies.

As for China, they are covering up their spending, dumbfuck. They are not an open society so they don't report FACTS like we do. The Coast Guard should've drowned you during their boot camp.

We spend more money on defense than is necessary. We pay for weapons that are never used and airplanes that never fly. We spend more than we need to and to deny that is just plain stupidity.

We spend more money on defense than is necessary. We pay for weapons that are never used and airplanes that never fly. We spend more than we need to and to deny that is just plain stupidity.

We have 1500 nuclear weapons that will never be used as well as the submarines, missiles and bombers to carry them. 11 Carrier task forces when no one else has any. 11 Army Divisions.
We also have been involved in a war for over ten years now

There are military cuts that can be made

20110611_WOC883.gif

We spend more on the military than other countries <snip> for numerous reasons like <snip> making sure markets remain open to our companies.
Sounds like government subsidies to me...isn't that a form of welfare?
Are you getting your money's worth for that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back