Neil Armstrong and Ex Apollo Astronauts Blasts Obama's Space Plan: Read their Letter

Haven't conservatives been reprimanding Obama for spending too much for the past year? Shouldn't they be supporting this decision? Even though, as I said, he's not going to cut anything.

we should have one more moon mission and send Obama and pelosi and reid there for a one way ride.

This President is clearly bad for NASA. This current Democratic Party is a long long way from being the Party of JFK. Paying the Russians $Millions to take us to space and a space station we built? Yikes!

Yeah, how dare we try to save some money by cutting things we don't need. Not that we're really going to cut any funding to NASA.
Hmmm. *gesturing as if a balance is in my hands* Paying for 'universal' health care or paying for the advancement of science. The latter weighs heavily to me, but I'm not a Democrat.

who needs science when we can have creationism?

Hey Neil..

The US hasn't been to the moon in almost 40 years. Did you suddenly wake up and decide to trash the direction of our space program?

Neil Armstrong and all of those Ex Apollo Astronauts are clearly Racists and Un-American Nazis. I'm sure that will be your average Hopey Changey nutter response to this criticism. This President is a real disaster for NASA. How can someone not see that?

Yeah, how dare we try to save some money by cutting things we don't need. Not that we're really going to cut any funding to NASA.
Hmmm. *gesturing as if a balance is in my hands* Paying for 'universal' health care or paying for the advancement of science. The latter weighs heavily to me, but I'm not a Democrat.

So you would rather pay to send a shuttle to a planet, that we really don't NEED to go to, than help out your fellow man?

Wow, that is awesome.
The false choice again, trotted out everytime space is discussed.

Sorry toots, the choice isn't 'either/or'.

No NASA money ever starved poor lil homeless folks, and none of the funding for it will be so diverted, the funding for NASA would be in the amounts Barry always says are meaningless, we spend more on pointless pork projects whereas this actually has value, increases our knowledge, or technical abilities and creates and maintains jobs.

But you would rather see it cut off.

This is what you stupily just advocated we eliminate:

50 years, 50 giant leaps: How Nasa rocked our world - Science, News - The Independent

NASA needs to spend our money on unmanned exploration, satellites and orbital telescopes. The moon is a "been there, done that" mission.

Leave Mars to the Rovers

Hey Neil..

The US hasn't been to the moon in almost 40 years. Did you suddenly wake up and decide to trash the direction of our space program?

Why yes, yes he did. Neil has some very lucrative private contracts with NASA that he is probably going to lose now. In his shoes, I would probably be a little upset too.

Yea and and their all Racists too!!! The Hopey Changey nutters can spin all they want. This President has been a real disaster for NASA. It's actually very sad.

After we rebuild the infrastructure of the US - this would include roads, bridges, schools, hospitals, transportation systems, electric grid, develop better energy alternatives, bike lanes and trains, then we can resume flying around in circles.

"Western society has accepted as unquestionable a technological imperative that is quite as arbitrary as the most primitive taboo: not merely the duty to foster invention and constantly to create technological novelties, but equally the duty to surrender to these novelties unconditionally, just because they are offered, without respect to their human consequences." Lewis Mumford

Strawman argument. All of those things cannot be ever completed. And "flying around in circles" lead to developments that helped many of the above items.

Human space exploration evigorates people spirits in ways sending robots cannot and will not.

Hey Neil..

Why yes, yes he did. Neil has some very lucrative private contracts with NASA that he is probably going to lose now. In his shoes, I would probably be a little upset too.
Link, please. Thanks in advance.

Everybody loves their own subsidy.

Sell off NASA to the private sector. American companies only need apply. Set subsidies up as "prizes" like

Return to Moon Prize
Lunar Shuttle Service Prize
Manned Mission to Mars Prize
Manned Mission to Venus Prize.
L5 Private Manned Orbital Habitat Prize.

You do payouts for those goals and you will see some interesting stuff happen in this nation.

But end the government stranglehold.

Hey Neil..

Link, please. Thanks in advance.
He tried that shit with Buzz Aldrin, and we all saw what happened:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU]YouTube - Buzz Aldrin punch[/ame]

Yea and and their all Racists too!!! The Hopey Changey nutters can spin all they want. This President has been a real disaster for NASA. It's actually very sad.

How is this a disaster for NASA? Obama is actually increasing their budget?

Increasing Nasa's budget by 6 billion over five years is nothing. That is the equivalent of building 3 B-2 Steath Bombers which cost 2.1 billion to build.

Last edited:
Everybody loves their own subsidy.

Sell off NASA to the private sector. American companies only need apply. Set subsidies up as "prizes" like

Return to Moon Prize
Lunar Shuttle Service Prize
Manned Mission to Mars Prize
Manned Mission to Venus Prize.
L5 Private Manned Orbital Habitat Prize.

You do payouts for those goals and you will see some interesting stuff happen in this nation.

But end the government stranglehold.
As I have already stated here, I am all for government spending on science, so some may say I have a bias. I do, but I justify it constitutionally based on Vannevar Bush's excellent report to Roosevelt about the importance of science funding to our nation's security.

However, in the case of NASA, at least originally, there was little possibility of any private funding of such risky and pricey adventures, especially when any potential incidental payoff from research was unknown. Although those potential payoffs now have been shown to be quite beneficial, the price tag for this research is still too high (compared to risk and timeframe of payoff) for most of what you suggested.

I agree in principle, but applying reality makes me in favor of government spending.

Last edited:

Increasing Nasa's budget by 6 billion over five years is nothing. That is the equivalent of building 3 B-2 Steath Bombers which cost 2.1 billion to build.

I thought you Tea baggers WANTED our government to cut spending? Now, you a Tea Bagger are suddenly not worried about reigning in costs?????????

I thought you Tea baggers WANTED our government to cut spending? Now, you a Tea Bagger are suddenly not worried about reigning in costs?????????
See shiteater?

You claim you want civility yet you attack protestors with your little pet sexual perversion.

I'm not a teabagger as I can't do that, but as a Tea Partier, we are not for all government cuts, we ARE for responsible cuts. Cutting NASA programs is not responsible for the reasons I have outlined.

Forum List

Back