Negroes: a case study in 'freerange rutting'

what point are you disagreeing with? do you have any data to back up your arguments? all the studies I have seen show that whites and asians invest more time and resources into their children than blacks do. please explain your point of view.

Where's the data to support your argument?

I'll back up my statements when someone else makes their case. Family investment starts with prenatal care, moves to breastfeeding, infant care, immunizations, swimming lessons, non tv entertainment, pre school involvement, .....etc. Whites even talk to their children more, and more effectively, than blacks do.

edit- I forgot to add that whites prepare the family home by getting married and living in good neighbourhoods more often than blacks.

In other words, you got nothing!

what point are you disagreeing with? do you have any data to back up your arguments? all the studies I have seen show that whites and asians invest more time and resources into their children than blacks do. please explain your point of view.

I'll back up my statements when someone else makes their case. Family investment starts with prenatal care, moves to breastfeeding, infant care, immunizations, swimming lessons, non tv entertainment, pre school involvement, .....etc. Whites even talk to their children more, and more effectively, than blacks do.

edit- I forgot to add that whites prepare the family home by getting married and living in good neighbourhoods more often than blacks.

You generalize. There are middle class blacks who do all of the things you describe. It just so happens that more blacks are poor than middle class or rich. Poor people of any race are less concerned with family investment. There's a reason why there is a huge poor uneducated white population in many rural areas such as West Virginia.

This whole thing relating American blacks to traditional societies is bunk too. African Americans have been away from the continent for hundreds of years and have only vague cultural connections to it. To compare attitudes and family values of such disparate populations is disingenuous to real academic research.

This whole thing relating American blacks to traditional societies is bunk too. African Americans have been away from the continent for hundreds of years

Even if we ignore the fact that's not true, even if it were- what it a few hundred years against hundreds of thousands or more-arguably millions?

This whole thing relating American blacks to traditional societies is bunk too. African Americans have been away from the continent for hundreds of years

Even if we ignore the fact that's not true, even if it were- what it a few hundred years against hundreds of thousands or more-arguably millions?

Then by your own reasoning, humans are infinitely similar based on the miniscule amount of time in the specter of human evolution in which different "races" evolved. What's a few thousand years against hundreds of thousands of years?

And do you deny that African Americans have been away from the continent for hundreds of years? Would you then argue that being exposed to the new culture that became America wasn't a two way street that made cultures black and white different whence they came?

Or would you seriously argue that African Americans are fundamentally similar culturally to someone from Nigeria?

Then by your own reasoning, humans are infinitely similar based on the miniscule amount of time in the specter of human evolution in which different "races" evolved. What's a few thousand years against hundreds of thousands of years?

We can measure that difference, actually.

SNPs...
And do you deny that African Americans have been away from the continent for hundreds of years?

Many people came from Africa last year. Year before that, too.

Hell, it's been what, ~200 years since we stopped importing them wholesale?

Would you then argue that being exposed to the new culture that became America wasn't a two way street that made cultures black and white different whence they came?

Or would you seriously argue that African Americans are fundamentally similar culturally to someone from Nigeria?[/quote]

We can measure that difference, actually.

SNPs...
And do you deny that African Americans have been away from the continent for hundreds of years?

Many people came from Africa last year. Year before that, too.

Hell, it's been what, ~200 years since we stopped importing them wholesale?

Would you then argue that being exposed to the new culture that became America wasn't a two way street that made cultures black and white different whence they came?

Or would you seriously argue that African Americans are fundamentally similar culturally to someone from Nigeria?
[/QUOTE]

We're not talking about recent arrivals, red herring.:anj_stfu:

So we're only talking about imported slaves who've lived in an alternate universe where neither genetic or information drift (the two components of Culture Drift) exist?

You're the only one saying anything the 'culture' that you speak of.

Shut up before you hurt yourself. Your argument is that genetics cause people of different "races" to behave superiorly or inferiorly based on some whacko scale in your dement grey matter.

The fact is that the way an individual performs has a lot more to do with their indoctrination (upbringing) within a particular culture.

Next you'll be arguing that if someone is of African descent, they will have a discernible negro dialect by virtue of genetics, rather than upbringing, regardless of where they grew up.

The real irony here is that you are the waste of space, and you project yourself on to others.:lol::lol:

African%20LPRs-782040.jpg

You generalize. There are middle class blacks who do all of the things you describe. It just so happens that more blacks are poor than middle class or rich. Poor people of any race are less concerned with family investment. There's a reason why there is a huge poor uneducated white population in many rural areas such as West Virginia.

This whole thing relating American blacks to traditional societies is bunk too. African Americans have been away from the continent for hundreds of years and have only vague cultural connections to it. To compare attitudes and family values of such disparate populations is disingenuous to real academic research.

generalize? of course I do! there is not much point in studying outliers if you want to know what the average is doing. middle class blacks do NOT do the same things for their children as was dramatically illustrated by Ogbu's study of Shaker Heights. poor whites do NOT act like poor blacks. and black poverty rates are strongly correlated to the average black intelligence level.

blacks receive their genetic heritage from africa. african cultures evolved to match african strengths and tendencies. why do you think it is bunk to look at african cultures for clues as to why blacks cannot fully assimilate into white culture? paternal involvement is different in african cultures than it is in white cultures, and has been for thousands of generations. why do you think long historical cultural and genetic heritages can be ignored? black children adopted into white families grow up to resemble their biological parents in appearance, intelligence and character.

Forum List

Back